Hill to start at QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And ... QB controversy ensues (if Hill isn't any better).

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Damn, you're fast!

It'll be interesting to see how he fares and whether Davis really was struggling as a result of his own faults or poor protection etc. To be honest, that's as interesting as it'll get because we won't be learning anything about Shaun Hill that isn't already known. Fisher obviously thinks Hill gives him the better shot at a win which is understandable given what we've seen recently

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Wow I was not expecting this. At least not this soon. If Hill plays well then this will be just fine. If he struggles then I guess we know what we will mainly be talking about the rest of the season lol

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
HELL-YEAH.jpg

give-me-a-hell-yeah-hell-yeah.png

don-t-keep-calm-it-s-party-time.png

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Thank you! Its about giving the team the best chance to win. Im not saying they will beat denver but they have a better chance with Hill than with Davis.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If Hill comes in there and sucks (and really Denver was not the game to put him into for that not to happen), I think you can officially put me in the "We need a new coach" camp. To make the remarks he did, then flip flop like that was NOT the way to handle this.

With it happening this way, you might as well put a question mark on the thread title since he could just as easily change his mind again. All we know for sure is that Hekker won't be starting as QB.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Remember we are only seeing the games. What is happening in practice or in the film room may have been a big factor in this as well.

But yeah, seems like the right call to me. Davis was better than we could have hoped for in many respects - but he hasn't been good for us lately.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I'm freakin pumped about this move. Davis is missing wide open WRs all over the field. I dont know if its because hes too short and cant see them or hes locking on to one guy or what but hes leaving a lot of plays to be made on the field. Hill is a Vet who can read a D pre snap a lot better than davis can and hes actually tall enough and smart enough to see the open WRs and get them the ball so they can make a play. I'm one of the few that thinks if fisher would have kept hill as the starter we would be in 2nd place in the division right now chomping at the cards heels possibly undefeated in the division right now.

Philly5

Rookie
Bold move by Fisher, even if it is a little flippy floppy. Was a tough spot to go with his gut and bring Hill back earlier.

Beyond the turnovers, the thing that got me about Davis was the inaccuracy, especially to wide open receivers at the end. He bounced one to Bailey out in the left flat, threw behind a RB, threw another high to a WR. Was all over the place.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I know Fisher hates QB controversy, so I'm pretty surprised by this move.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
We don't know enough about what goes on behind the scenes at Rams Park to judge Fisher on the QB changes, but I am happy that Hill is getting the Start. Hats off to Davis for showing a lot more than I thought he would, but he makes the same mistakes every game and it has cost the team a couple of times at least.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Fisher made the right decision in sticking with Davis in the first place, he was hot and he gave us the best chance to win. Now that Davis has cooled down and has started seeing ghosts, missing wide open receivers, turning the ball over in high pressure situations, a move to Hill isn't a bad idea. Hill has the veteran experience that Davis just doesn't have, and he won't turn the ball over when the game is on the line.

I think losing Quick and J. Long really didn't help Davis' development though. If they were still in, maybe it's a different story.