Hill to start at QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
There went that vote of confidence AD got on Monday.
Not important. Votes of confidence wouldn't have made AD play any better. He just doesn't have what it takes.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
If we can somehow pull out a win this week I think we can get back in this race. its a long shot but the D is on fire right now and if hill can come in and give the O a spark with the schedule getting easier I think we can go on a nice little winning streak and who knows!

I admire your optimism, but for playoffs to have happened, Fisher should have changed back to Hill 3 weeks ago. Now, even with winning ALL of our remaining games, (which you and I know won't happen) we'd end up 10-6. Cards didn't make it last year with 10-6. Sadly, we're out of the playoff race because Fisher held on to long with the AD tryouts.

RamzFanz

Damnit
lol. "the people who want AD." People only wanna win, and neither inspires much confidence. Right now Hill has shown exactly nothing except a 47 QB rating and half a start. Hopefully he can provide a spark, stay healthy, and improve upon his less than stellar beginning so the Rams can end up with a respectable record at the end of the season. If we lose more than 2 games, it won't be all that respectable. This season was lost once Bradford went down (and then Quick), and no amount of clamoring for either of these perennial backups will change that. Personally, I'd rather see Keenum.

I feel sorry for this defense. They've got their work cut out for them.

Not a fair assessment. Penalties killed Hill's drives.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As well as the effectiveness of any vote of confidence Fisher gives from now on.
I disagree. These are both backup QB's. I've said all along(since Sam went down) that IMO Fisher has the right to start, bench, flip flop all he wants in terms of these QB's. It's not like he's playing games or fucking with two guys who are fighting to be the future franchise guy here.

I give the HC all the freedom he wants here. He's doing the same thing with our RB's. Benching a clearcut franchise QB is one thing...benching A.Davis, Hill or Keenum is another.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
We do not know this. This is your opinion. My opinion is that while Davis has struggled lately, he gives us a better chance to win than Hill does.

I disagree. It has become very obvious that AD will not win many games at all for us. Have you REALLY been watching him the last 4 weeks? It had been some very awful football played by AD, and no sign of any improvements over those weeks.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I disagree. These are both backup QB's. I've said all along(since Sam went down) that IMO Fisher has the right to start, bench, flip flop all he wants in terms of these QB's. It's not like he's playing games or freaking with two guys who are fighting to be the future franchise guy here.

I give the HC all the freedom he wants here. He's doing the same thing with our RB's. Benching a clearcut franchise QB is one thing...benching A.Davis, Hill or Keenum is another.
I do agree Fisher absolutely has the right to make changes.

It's that he made the statement that he was going to stick with Davis 2 days ago and there's been no games since that makes him look bad in my opinion. Just like if he now changes his mind on Friday and reinserts Davis, that would make him look even worse.

If Fisher had not said earlier this week that he was going to stick with Davis, I'd have no bone to pick here.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Everything any NFL coach says before or after a game has to be taken with a grain of salt. Fisher is no different. The only thing that surprises me is that he didn't wait until right before game time in order to give us a slight advantage.
Exactly what i was thinking. I question the timing. Could have been a gameday advantage.

As far as the flip flop, i don't care. He can go back to Davis, try Keenum...whatever. Our starter went down. The team is 3-6. He has that prerogative.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I do agree Fisher absolutely has the right to make changes.

It's that he made the statement that he was going to stick with Davis 2 days ago and there's been no games since that makes him look bad in my opinion. Just like if he now changes his mind on Friday and reinserts Davis, that would make him look even worse.

If Fisher had not said earlier this week that he was going to stick with Davis, I'd have no bone to pick here.
Gotcha.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I was paraphrasing. The real quote from RamFanz was that the Rams can't win behind Davis. Well, yes they have. 3 games in fact. 2 against very good teams. Whether he played well enough in those games isn't what I was disagreeing with. You know and I know that its a team effort. Davis can win games in the NFL, he's just wildly inconsistent and has started to regress in the past few weeks.

I should have said the Rams can't win very often. My bad.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't if anyone mentioned the way Hill played against the Vikes before he got hurt and I was not impressed. Any input on that I would like to hear it.

Rewatch the game. Hill was pretty good. His drives were mostly killed by penalties and bad play calling like TA up the middle. GZ missed a FG. Hill did throw an interception.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
You can have a different opinion but it would be pretty hard to support. He has admitted as much.
If Davis has admitted that Hill gives the team a better chance to win than he does, I haven't read it. He's admitted he's played poorly in the recent past. That's not the same thing.

And at this point, neither opinion is particularly hard to support. If Hill goes out and crushes it, I'll gladly admit I was wrong (although Fisher still shouldn't have said he was sticking with Davis and then changed.)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
As far as the flip flop, i don't care. He can go back to Davis, try Keenum...whatever. Our starter went down. The team is 3-6. He has that prerogative.

Yeah, this isn't a Gentleman's Club where if a man doesn't keep his word he's slapped in the face with a glove and challenged to a duel. It's the NFL where only a dummy puts all his cards on the table for all to see.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na45Nus6c00

RamzFanz

Damnit
If Davis has admitted that Hill gives the team a better chance to win than he does, I haven't read it. He's admitted he's played poorly in the recent past. That's not the same thing.

And at this point, neither opinion is particularly hard to support. If Hill goes out and crushes it, I'll gladly admit I was wrong (although Fisher still shouldn't have said he was sticking with Davis and then changed.)

He's admitted he's played poorly many times. This week I didn't read his press except to notice he said he wasn't keeping his eyes downfield.

Why would you believe Fisher after the wink and QB change after saying he was starting Hill?

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Rewatch the game. Hill was pretty good. His drives were mostly killed by penalties and bad play calling like TA up the middle. GZ missed a FG. Hill did throw an interception.
He threw the same int that Davis has thrown 2 times now I'm pretty sure. All three balls picked by the underneath defender if I recall it right.

Rambition

Rookie
He threw the same int that Davis has thrown 2 times now I'm pretty sure. All three balls picked by the underneath defender if I recall it right.
i'm thinking you are not recalling it right. hill was flushed out of the pocket by the rush and, with them hot on his trail, he threw a pass toward the right sideline, trying to get it out of bounds. i, like most people, thought it was going to fall harmlessly out of bounds but the vikes defender made an outstanding tip-toe catch at the sideline for the interception.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looking at the comments on the Rams Facebook, 99% of Rams fans hate the move and want Davis to start. People don't like Hill for some reason..

Haha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Facebook.

They were probably too busy posting what they ate for lunch or what they're doing every second of the day to notice what was happening on the field.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
i'm thinking you are not recalling it right. hill was flushed out of the pocket by the rush and, with them hot on his trail, he threw a pass toward the right sideline, trying to get it out of bounds. i, like most people, thought it was going to fall harmlessly out of bounds but the vikes defender made an outstanding tip-toe catch at the sideline for the interception.

In other words, under thrown ball when under pressure. Same as AD. I agree that we need to change, and that Hill is the better option Sunday, but let's not start excusing things already. Hill did throw an awful int, plain and simple.

Lesson

Oh, really?
lol. "the people who want AD." People only wanna win, and neither inspires much confidence. Right now Hill has shown exactly nothing except a 47 QB rating and half a start. Hopefully he can provide a spark, stay healthy, and improve upon his less than stellar beginning so the Rams can end up with a respectable record at the end of the season. If we lose more than 2 games, it won't be all that respectable. This season was lost once Bradford went down (and then Quick), and no amount of clamoring for either of these perennial backups will change that. Personally, I'd rather see Keenum.

I feel sorry for this defense. They've got their work cut out for them.

I think if the D has been performing like it has the past few weeks over the first few games of the season(Specifically, vs Dallas and Philly), I think the Rams would be in a different position record wise than they are now.

As for Hill playing, I think it gives the team a better shot right now of winning due to Davis' play regressing, but I'm not sure if Keenum would be a better option right now than Hilll(and I am basing that off of last season). With Hill, I think it's more clear of what the Rams are going to get from him performance wise than either Keenum or Davis.