GRob

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Imagine if they would have drafted Flowers a year later to play RT instead of Gurely ...OMFG!! That would have been a disaster.

Hopefully the rumors that they liked him (Giants took him ahead of Gurely), were a smoke screen. Otherwise they need help scouting OTs.

Last edited:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
In before Champ posts in his defense!!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Imagine if they would have drafted Flowers a year later to play RT instead of Gurely ...OMFG!! That would have been a disaster.

Hopefully the rumors that they liked him (Giants took him ahead of Gurely), were a smoke screen. Otherwise they needed help scouting OTs.

Fixed that for you, Fisher is gone.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
17-7
Lions

And the guy that sacked Goff at the end of the 2nd quarter....Kerrigan...has eaten him for lunch two game now....but Havenstein gets a pass cause...what? Oh yeah, no sacks allowed in 2015...

Again....why didn't we want G-Rob? Cause you guys don't like the holds? Cause Coach Boudreau was so competent? Cause Whitworth is so much better? Oh yeah, he gave up a sack too...think he had a false start....

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
17-7
Lions

And the guy that sacked Goff at the end of the 2nd quarter....Kerrigan...has eaten him for lunch two game now....but Havenstein gets a pass cause...what? Oh yeah, no sacks allowed in 2015...

Again....why didn't we want G-Rob? Cause you guys don't like the holds? Cause Coach Boudreau was so competent? Cause Whitworth is so much better? Oh yeah, he gave up a sack too...think he had a false start....

Whitworth is much better than Grob surely you will admit that. I mean there is no comparison really.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Stunned that anyone can defend Robinson... I guess I have not paid any attention to the post trade GRob threads. Wondered why they were so long... now I know.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Looked great on 1st play of 2nd half. Lol!!!

Knocked on his butt on a sweep.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
giphy.gif

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
The deal with GRob is that he needs one on one coaching and teams just don't have the time to do that. They have other players that need coaching.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Whitworth is much better than Grob surely you will admit that.
He's a 12 year vet....Yet he gave up a sack....and jumps offsides....it happens...guys get a little too over the top with a very difficult position to play...Greg is gonna get better.....

Same with Flowers....but I KNOW he's more of a right tackle due to his footwork.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's a 12 year vet....Yet he gave up a sack....and jumps offsides....it happens...guys get a little too over the top with a very difficult position to play...Greg is gonna get better.....

Same with Flowers....but I KNOW he's more of a right tackle due to his footwork.
I'm curious, how many holding penalties and qb pressures and sacks do you think Whitworth gave up his first 3 or 5 years starting? His whole career? I'd bet less than GRob in 3 years but that'll be hard to find out.

JRobinson

MiLB

Same with Flowers
....but I KNOW he's more of a right tackle due to his footwork.

Come on, is this supposed to be in blue font? The writing is on the wall my friend. Just because Robinson was a Ram, doesn't mean you/we still have to believe he's going to improve because I hate to tell ya..... he's not. Flowers is still really young, so maybe he will improve some. But based on his natural ability, it ain't gonna be much.

Look at Pace, Whitworth, Willams... those LTs have grit and a physical "mean streak" about them. Those tackles you mentioned are passive and soft... with clarity I might add.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Flowers hasn't gotten better. He's the same garbage player he was as a rookie. He's all physical ability and no technical skill. It's impressive how similar he is to Greg Robinson.

Yea, Whitworth gave up a sack on a stunt. How many other times did he get Goff hit in that game? How many sacks has Whitworth given up since 2015?

You're delusional if you're trying to compare an All Pro LT to a bust LT because the All Pro LT occasionally has a negative play.

Reality is that there's no guarantees that Greg or Flowers ever improve. Like many other first round busts, they may just not be cut out for this level of football. It's kind of admirable how steadfast you are in your belief in the players you like, but at some point, you just gotta let it go.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He had his name called more than OBJ.

Should try him at DE, he uses his hands more than a lot of DL.