GRob

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
17-7
Lions

And the guy that sacked Goff at the end of the 2nd quarter....Kerrigan...has eaten him for lunch two game now....but Havenstein gets a pass cause...what? Oh yeah, no sacks allowed in 2015...

Again....why didn't we want G-Rob? Cause you guys don't like the holds? Cause Coach Boudreau was so competent? Cause Whitworth is so much better? Oh yeah, he gave up a sack too...think he had a false start....

He had 2 Holding penalties and a False Start long before halftime.

That's when the lions realized they needed to put a blocking TE next to him for the rest of the game.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No need to wait....Havenstein looks terrible, I already said that. But yes a strong rookie year proves Havenstein has had success and has the ability. Havenstein's success his rookie year is better than anything Robinson ever did.
Finally, some truth at last.
There are clips of Greg destroying players on blocks....collapsing the line with blocks...he goes against the opponents best lineman every play....I've never seen Havenstein do this.

We were out-rushed 220+ to 90+ yards....we have Todd Gurley....I don't even know who the Skins had back there....We have a 2nd year QB....I would think $3.2 million is a small price to pay to keep the running game improving, which should relieve some of the pressure on our young QB.

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/09/1...ost-their-run-game-and-slow-opponents-attack/
The Rams saw too much of Washington’s run game and not enough of their own.

There’s no doubt about the first part. Washington ran for 229 yards and two touchdowns in their victory over the Rams on Sunday. The defensive breakdown seemed startling for a Rams front seven that dominated a week earlier and should have been better with the return of Aaron Donald.

“As the game progressed, I thought we settled in,” Rams coach Sean McVay said Monday. “But credit to Washington. I thought they did a nice job with some of the things that were running schematically, and they made those plays.”

Defensive adjustments will be necessary, particularly since the Rams face San Francisco on Thursday, and 49ers running back Carlos Hyde rushed for 124 yards against a stout Seattle defense on Sunday.

Then there’s the Rams’ offense, which felt disjointed for much of Sunday’s game. Penalties and mistakes didn’t help, but McVay, the Rams’ play-caller, also seemed a bit out of rhythm. The Rams called 30 pass plays and 18 run plays, compared to a week earlier, when they passed 34 times and ran 30 times.

The early-game situation didn’t help. The Rams trailed 13-0 early in the second quarter and had run only 10 offensive plays, so McVay indicated he over-relied on the pass game to try to catch up quickly.
This G-Rob rant is all about the running game....We should have been able to run on the Skins.....Should have been able to really run on the Colts....and now yall expect to run on a division rival? I mean, have you guys watched our division game for the last 10 years? This will be the toughest defense we've faced. The hardest hitting game we'll play until the Seahawks then Cards....We need linemen that can move the pile.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
nally, some truth at last.
There are clips of Greg destroying players on blocks....collapsing the line with blocks...he goes against the opponents best lineman every play....I've never seen Havenstein do this.

We were out-rushed 220+ to 90+ yards....we have Todd Gurley....I don't even know who the Skins had back there....We have a 2nd year QB....I would think $3.2 million is a small price to pay to keep the running game improving, which should relieve some of the pressure on our young QB.

how the fuck is grob gonna imporve the run game ?? he was here last yearhow did the run game look ...and even if he was here ... any long run is gonna be called back coz Grob is good for at leasr 3-4 flags a game

We need linemen that can move the pile.

agreed ...Gflop isnt that lineman

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
but all pro all world super duper atletic Grob should be able to handle it... no ?
Maybe in time....he's only 24 years old....I think we play the giants this year...it'll be an interesting comparison.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah champ. I don't know what to tell you that hasn't been said. I can't think of anyone who sees GRob's play the way you do. I never saw him collapsing anything or driving anyone backward or pancaking anyone except on a very rare occasion. Last night he was plain awful. He was a statue and statues are hard to move. Bad footwork, two tight ends by his side at times, and the Lions still mostly playing everything to the right. But have at it. Time will tell I suppose.

But tell me. If GRob loses his job at LT in Detroit, is it still everyone else's fault but GRob?

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So were Saffold, Brown, and Havenstein.....so, what's your point...no one from last year can play?
nope ...my point is Grob cant ... Saffold has shown he can ...when healthy ..brown and havs ...jury is still out

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe in time....he's only 24 years old....I think we play the giants this year...it'll be an interesting comparison.

oh WOW ,,, you're going the age route you of all people ?? .... what extremely young rams player have you been highly cirticial of ???? name escapes me right now ... the dude thats 22 .. plays the hardest position .....itll come to me

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Maybe they shoulda started with a TE or RB over there to chip....Vernon is a monster.

Just wanting to clarify for you that fact that he didn't merely have a False Start penalty as you said in your post.

He had 2 Holding penalties and a False Start long before the end of the 1st half.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
• Greg Robinson – The Lions’ fill-in left tackle had a rough night. Robinson drew three first-half penalty flags, allowed one sack to Olivier Vernon and nearly two more. Robinson struggles mightily with power moves, but he’ll be happy not to see the Giants again after drawing seven penalties in his last two games against New York.

If that's accurate (assume it is)... then Robinson continues to play poorly.

Another Snead - Auburn mistake... glad he's been discharged.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah champ. I don't know what to tell you that hasn't been said. I can't think of anyone who sees GRob's play the way you do. I never saw him collapsing anything or driving anyone backward or pancaking anyone except on a very rare occasion. Last night he was plain awful. He was a statue and statues are hard to move. Bad footwork, two tight ends by his side at times, and the Lions still mostly playing everything to the right. But have at it. Time will tell I suppose.

But tell me. If GRob loses his job at LT in Detroit, is it still everyone else's fault but GRob?
It'll be Staffords fault for not getting rid of the ball or suffering a strip sack

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Maybe they shoulda started with a TE or RB over there to chip....Vernon is a monster.
Come on man. Vernon is good but "a monster"? He has zero pro bowls, didn't start a single game as a rookie, and has had a couple good seasons. It's not like GRob just went up against the best in the league last night. Even with last year being Vernon's second best year of his career, he was 21st in sacks. That doesn't say monster. That says very good if he keeps it up. He has one sack in two games. Looks like he's on track for another less than monster year.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Notes (not mine) from last nights game:

Lions who hurt their stock:

• Greg Robinson – The Lions’ fill-in left tackle had a rough night. Robinson drew three first-half penalty flags, allowed one sack to Olivier Vernon and nearly two more. Robinson struggles mightily with power moves, but he’ll be happy not to see the Giants again after drawing seven penalties in his last two games against New York.

Again, it's pretty clear.
Yeah...that's why you gotta watch the game...Some guys take notes like....well, not good. Vernon, Olivier...my bad for spelling it Olivia....cause that's what it sounds like they call him had 2 tackles & 3 assists...not sure about pressures....and generally a below average game...esp. if you consider he went against one of the WORST ( ole schools notes, not mine) Left tackles in the game....
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201709180nyg.htm

No pass knock downs....

oh, and from the STATS it appears Abdulla ran LEFT more than right....Why? Not sure....they did have more yards around right end...in less carries. Probably one of those late game bursts.

Check out the play by play...a written narrative of the game....I see a false start for 5 yards...and a hold...in the first half....that other hold was declined due to the pass being incomplete on 3rd down. Vernon didn't make a tackle until the 3rd quarter. Basically wasn't in the game....I don't really know about Vernon...I just saw he signed a nice contract and he gets a lot of pub....that's publicity....He seems undersized to me....

It's obvious that some just wanna be right to be right....I like proof....like in the pudding....