Grob.........

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Are you concerned about GRob?

• Total voters

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
What do you think about Grob at this point?
I'll through my two cents in later in the thread.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Well I already responded on the "Goff improves" thread. Have to wait and see him in real game action. He was putting in the work in the offseason and he was definitely playing better and more consistent at the end of last season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I saw him struggle with a speed rush the other day then turn around and stone the DE. So I have to admit concern is creeping in, even while I think he could be in for a strong year.

Gonna watch him heavily vs the Cowboys. And pray.

HellRam

Starter
Robinson doesn't necessarily need to be the all pro many were hoping he would become. Heck Greg doesn't even need to be a pro-bowler. The Rams do need him to develop into atleast a average LT or something really close to that here very soon.

I believe that's reasonable for Robisnon this season. This really is a make or break year for him.

Go Rams!!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
How many padded practices ,???

I was out there & didn't that much attention to him. He looked & fit the bill to me.
Greg Robinson is still a pup,so I believe when the season starts he will be fine.He put in the work.It looks like he is getting better leverage. If a DE is going wide against him Gurley is going to have a field day.Remember The Rams will be a run first team.
I'm not saying he doesn't have to improve , but I like his upside.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Robinson doesn't necessarily need to be the all pro many were hoping he would become. Heck Greg doesn't even need to be a pro-bowler. The Rams do need him to develop into atleast a average LT or something really close to that here very soon.

I believe that's reasonable for Robisnon this season. This really is a make or break year for him.

Go Rams!!!

I don't think average is going to cut it. Especially for a guy with his natural gifts. Rams have had too many players like that already.

As to the OPs questions, not until the games start. He does need to make a leap, and substantial.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Well I already responded on the "Goff improves" thread. Have to wait and see him in real game action. He was putting in the work in the offseason and he was definitely playing better and more consistent at the end of last season.

Hotanez....dat avatar....wow.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've yet to see pictures or video that make me worried about GRob. The opposite actually the video posted from I think it was day 5, the last one before Saturdays day at the Coliseum, he looked good in that video. I've seen pictures of him pushing Quinn wide and past the pocket on run plays just like he's supposed to. So far nothing to worry about but we haven't seen actual game play. I'll start forming more of an opinion next Saturday.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If grob is average then I'll be fine. Havenstein brown and saffold are the blue chip lineman on this teamatter anyway. That said, I expect Robinson to be an above average tackle eventually

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I've always thought the expectations put on GRob were unrealistic, coming from the program he came out of.

He really poured it on last year, toward the end. And... He's proven durable. If he keeps his progression, he's fine.

This, pretty much:

Go Rams!!!

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'm really not concerned. The one thing I'm hoping is for him to cut down the penalties, those are worse than a sack in my opinion.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wanted Matthews that year. I love GRobs athleticism but so far he just looks like an athlete playing football. Using such a valuable pick on a guy who may not reach his potential until his contract is up never makes sense to me. Ron Bartell and Brian Quick are good examples. But, that doesn't mean that I don't see the potential, or root for them, because a Ram is a Ram, is a Ram.

This team needs GRob to start looking like he can one day become the guy that was worth the second overall pick in the draft.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little worried about Grob. I remember him playing better the last few games or so of 2015.

He had a great personal off-season and for me camp reports this early of him having a few struggles would seem to be a bit overrated for projecting how his season will play out.

I like many of you will be watching him like a hawk in the preseason and that first half of the 3rd preseason game should give a better gauge to measure where he is going into week 1.

If you watch this (condensed version) game vs the Bucs late in the season he looked okay and there is some hope to think he'll be as good or a little better for the duration of 2016.. Problem is his consistency and mental lapses make him hard to predict.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaRSqD-vleE

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I believe GROB will improve this year and I am more interested on how he reacts to the stunts many times he stays with his guy and blocks down instead of switching to take the outside rusher...I like the depth on the offensive line and actually feel that his backup Darryl Williams might be a better pass protector, but I believe this year GROB will take it to the next level.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think I'll wait to see how the season progresses before I form any opinion. I think most of us knew it would take some time. He's going into year 3 now. Its not uncommon for players going into year 3 to start showing why they drafted him. Quinn had his breakout year in year 3. Tavon improved quite a bit in year 3. I'm looking for better things from GRob this year.

Ram65

Legend
He could be thinking too early in camp. He spent the off season working with LeCharles Bentley. Recalling form earlier thread they worked on hand placements, movements and other things. He can be a force in the run game and short passing game. He has to hold his ground with he pass rushers. We will see.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
The reality is college players are not ready for the NFL, some positions the learning curve is greater than others. For O linemen, especially LT's, its a bigger gap than other positions. For NFL teams, that makes it a bigger crap shoot. They have to go by what scouts "predict" an OL ceiling is. Look at other NFL teams and you see that a lot of them are having the same problems fielding a decent OL. Same with WR's, they just aren't taught in college what they are expected to do in the NFL. Fans are just going to have to get used to the idea that top draft picks are not ready to play day one, and that one training camp isn't enough for them to learn a massive play book and all the complicated plays. Some may never learn. Look how long its taken Brian Quick. GRob is progressing, its going to take reps for him to become instinctive. He's stlll getting new looks he's never seen before, and he's going to get fooled.

The sad fact is, over the last five or six years, major colleges have been changing they way they play football, spread offenses, where offensive linemen don't even put a fist on the ground, simplified play books, simplified plays, (everyone go deep, I'll throw it to ever is open). Its unrealistic to excpect a guy like GRob, who came from Auburn, where he never put a fist on the dirt, never got taught the art of pass blocking, to learn all of that in one or two seasons.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
I would still like for us to move and keep him at guard. He would be a perennial probowler at that position, no doubt.