Got a chance to watch Sam's 1st 3 series

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Speedr@m

Rookie
on replay

he looked good... went to first read just about everytime and it was open. He looked comformtable like he was back at Oklahoma

It will be interesting to see how he fares when the bullets really fly. He basically looked like he typically did in the preseason for the Rams and a handful of regular season games

Personally I don't think hes got it mentally but we will see what Kelly can make of him... oh and of course theres always the issue of him staying on the field

KDS73

Rookie
Score one for the guys who said he just needed a better supporting cast around him.

Speedr@m

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Score one for the guys who said he just needed a better supporting cast around him.

I dont know about that. It was a preseason game. I believe that Bradford thew 16 tds and 2 ints in all his preseason games here with the Rams... with supposedly bad weapons

Aside from his injury concerns the issues with Bradford is how average he plays when the games are for real.

MrMotes

Starter

More like coaching staff. Chip Kelly will always get more from his QB than Steve Spagnulo or Jeff Fisher. That's his whole thing, he maximizes the QB position, and he's good at it...

A55VA6

Legend
Look at the system he's in. It's a college system, similar to what he had in Oklahoma. Bradford will have great numbers this year because of it.

Athos

Legend
Kelly offers him what he has in college. Playing to his strengths. The Rams were just way too far out as a team, as in really shitty, to maximize his talents and specialties which come from a shotgun style offense with quick athletic linemen and a fully healthy dominant back.

Speedr@m

Rookie
Kelly offers him what he has in college. Playing to his strengths. The Rams were just way too far out as a team, as in really crappy, to maximize his talents and specialties which come from a shotgun style offense with quick athletic linemen and a fully healthy dominant back.

Oh boy lol

FRO

Legend
I'm in that group, but let's let it play out for a full season before crowing too loudly. I think being in a system that fits him perfectly helps too. Remember how rough it was for Warner in the Giants system. Once unleashed again in Arizona he showed his greatness. Scheme fit is always critical. For Bradford here he was surrounded by poor talent and defensive coaches who try and not lose games on offense (not knocking defensive coaches at all that's usually their philosophy).

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Kelly offers him what he has in college. Playing to his strengths. The Rams were just way too far out as a team, as in really crappy, to maximize his talents and specialties which come from a shotgun style offense with quick athletic linemen and a fully healthy dominant back.

It just amazes me how teams time and time again fail to grasp this

Of course there's that annoying "gotta stay on the field issue" but...if he does, he's gonna light it up playing in that system

Last edited:

Speedr@m

Rookie
I'm in that group, but let's let it play out for a full season before crowing too loudly. I think being in a system that fits him perfectly helps too. Remember how rough it was for Warner in the Giants system. Once unleashed again in Arizona he showed his greatness. Scheme fit is always critical. For Bradford here he was surrounded by poor talent and defensive coaches who try and not lose games on offense (not knocking defensive coaches at all that's usually their philosophy).

You all do realize the Rams implemented the spread offense as their base offense in 2013 and they junked it right? That's when Sam started playing better before getting injured. Right...you all do remember that right?

Also some games he thrived running the spread with the Rams. @Giants 2011, @Broncos 2010, Skins at the dome 2012, @49ers 2012.

In 2013 they implemented the spread as a base offense but junked it after Bradford had the worst games if his career against the 49ers and Cowboys in consecutive weeks

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
You all do realize the Rams implemented the spread offense as their base offense in 2013 and they junked it right? That's when Sam started playing better before getting injured. Right...you all do remember that right?

Also some games he thrived running the spread with the Rams. @Giants 2011, @Broncos 2010, Skins at the dome 2012, @49ers 2012.

In 2013 they implemented the spread as a base offense but junked it after Bradford had the worst games if his career against the 49ers and Cowboys in consecutive weeks

Besides your obvious PD-ish hate, it's the doesn't haven't it mentally ridiculous comment that exposes you.

Then again we all have our opinions, but you really do seem to be a little over the top, I'm pretty sure 14-4 TD/Int ratio is average in your book.

Last edited:

FRO

Legend

Actually in 2013 he was better in the games after they junked the spread.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You all do realize the Rams implemented the spread offense as their base offense in 2013 and they junked it right?
You do know why they implemented it in the first place, right?

iced

Personally I don't think hes got it mentally but we will see what Kelly can make of him... oh and of course theres always the issue of him staying on the field

Eh i doubt that - kelly's system is very qb friendly and fairly simple compared to most... lot of the same plays just ran from different formations

Speedr@m

Rookie
Besides your obvious PD-ish hate, it's the doesn't haven't it mentally ridiculous comment that exposes you.

Then again we all have our opinions, but you really do seem to be a little over the top, I'm pretty sure 14-4 TD/Int ratio is average in your book.

Why get personal? I didn't do that to anyone in this thread. Get out of my thread with your trolling. So what I have an opposing view than yours. If you disagree just say that leave the accusations out. 14-4 td ratio is obviously pretty good and he did that in the Rams boring, no weapons to work with, bad coordinator offense.

No need to place anything in sarcasm blue font obviously.

Last edited:

Speedr@m

Rookie
Eh i doubt that - kelly's system is very qb friendly and fairly simple compared to most... lot of the same plays just ran from different formations

yep very aware of that... it is very simple perfect for Sam

iced

yep very aware of that... it is very simple perfect for Sam

It's perfect for Sam because he has a great offensive coach and a ton of talent around him, particularly on the line and skills positions, in a system that he'll thrive in because of how fast paced it is. I don't think the playbook or the offense was too complex for Sam while he was here.