Got a chance to watch Sam's 1st 3 series

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Speedr@m

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did not call you a name. I identified you actions as trolling. And I wasn't the first one to notice it.

you know what you did call me a name... you said I was a troll

only how can I be a troll talking about a player that is no longer on the Rams

stick to the subject matter. just because you don't agree with my take doesn't make me a troll

and you certainly could simply ignore it

I also posted a thread about Foles going 10 of 11 for 128 yards. Where are you on that?

FRO

Legend
Why did Braford have 16tds and 2ints in 4 preseasons with the Rams? Why did he have 14tds and 4ints with the Rams in 2013 if he had no weapons and no oline?

Can someone explain that? He goes 10 or 10 and 3 tds in Philly and he does that because for the first time he has weapons?

lol wow
Because he is a talented QB. His completion percentage and YPA should improve with better supporting cast.

jmyb53

UDFA
Name
Ricardo
Why did Braford have 16tds and 2ints in 4 preseasons with the Rams? Why did he have 14tds and 4ints with the Rams in 2013 if he had no weapons and no oline?

Can someone explain that? He goes 10 or 10 and 3 tds in Philly and he does that because for the first time he has weapons?

lol wow
Why can't you explain your obsession with knocking the former Rams QB?

jmyb53

UDFA
Name
Ricardo
you know what you did call me a name... you said I was a troll

only how can I be a troll talking about a player that is no longer on the Rams

stick to the subject matter. just because you don't agree with my take doesn't make me a troll

and you certainly could simply ignore it

I also posted a thread about Foles going 10 of 11 for 128 yards. Where are you on that?
:confused:

Speedr@m

Rookie
Why can't you explain your obsession with knocking the former Rams QB?

why can't you see that I'm not doing that

I look forward to your comments regarding our current QB Jimmy

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

lol wow
Because it was the preseason and our competition wasn't trying. It's the same reason why Spags was a dynamo in the preseason but then it came regular season time and everything fell apart.

Look at it like this, why do you have to lump sum 4 preseasons together to make them look even remotely as good as the one he's having right now? This preseason is better than any he had with ours individually.

Speedr@m

Rookie
So was Green Bay trying last night against Philly or is it the Rams preason opponents that do not try? You were impressed with those numbers in Philly last night but not with what he did with the Rams? I am combining the 4 preseasons with the Rams to prove the point that he played well in the preseason here too. Obviously my man

1. We might want to wait a few weeks on a verdict no?

Speedr@m

Rookie
Because it was the preseason and our competition wasn't trying. It's the same reason why Spags was a dynamo in the preseason but then it came regular season time and everything fell apart.

Look at it like this, why do you have to lump sum 4 preseasons together to make them look even remotely as good as the one he's having right now? This preseason is better than any he had with ours individually.

my man Bradford played 4 preseason with us and every year we said exactly what you are saying now. Hes going to tear it up

Have you forgotten about his preason game in New England rookie year... cmon. He plays well in preseason

A55VA6

Legend
I hope most of you guys would still rather have Foles than Bradford. Yes, Bradford looks very good... but we already know that he's gifted, it's just the damn injuries that ruins the teams entire season... and the way our OL looks... Bradford would be done for.

Chip Kelly's system is the perfect system for Sam. I can see him throwing 30+ TD's if he plays all 16.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
my man Bradford played 4 preseason with us and every year we said exactly what you are saying now. Hes going to tear it up

Have you forgotten about his preason game in New England rookie year... cmon. He plays well in preseason
You mean the one where he completed 15 passes had 189 yards and 2 TDs? He had more yards, but TDs and bombs were the difference here.

Again, he never played a game as good as he did for us as he did with the Eagles. That's why you put his 4 seasons in lump sum, because that's the only time they look as good as what he's doing now.

The difference is night and day man. Nobody's saying it's going to translate into success, but the difference is there.

iced

But he did design it. It's not his job to run it. That's what position coaches are for. The problem was that they couldn’t block it up front, and the receivers were leading the league in drops over that span while Bradford was getting pummeled. And per another post, they didn't junk the spread attack so they could run the ball more due to Bradford's ineffectiveness. They still passed the ball a lot more than they ran it. They simply pulled it in and went with more 12 and 13 personnel groupings for better QB protection. There was also the limitations discovered with having Richardson as the primary back. Once teams discovered they could shut that down with minimal effort, all focus turned to the QB and the pressure ramped up considerably. That's why they looked effective week one, but not so much right after it. All teams needed was that one week of film to know Richardson posed no threat.

I'm talking about pure play design - the routes that were being run. Martz was genius in that area - schotty's "spread offense" looked like he didn't know how to design it, imo. Particularly after the first half

Speedr@m

Rookie
You mean the one where he completed 15 passes had 189 yards and 2 TDs? He had more yards, but TDs and bombs were the difference here.

Again, he never played a game as good as he did for us as he did with the Eagles. That's why you put his 4 seasons in lump sum, because that's the only time they look as good as what he's doing now.

The difference is night and day man. Nobody's saying it's going to translate into success, but the difference is there.

Oh cmon now I told you why I did it. You want to make it something else then fine but let's end here because there is no pint in continuing a discussion when you essentially call me a liar. I mean I mentioned the 14-4 2013 and you have yet say a thing about that.

later

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I hope most of you guys would still rather have Foles than Bradford. Yes, Bradford looks very good... but we already know that he's gifted, it's just the damn injuries that ruins the teams entire season... and the way our OL looks... Bradford would be done for.

Chip Kelly's system is the perfect system for Sam. I can see him throwing 30+ TD's if he plays all 16.
I'd rather have Foles because I don't want to wonder if our QB is gonna get back up off the ground every time he gets hit. Plus, Foles is our QB so he automatically gets my allegiance (I'll have to start charging for this soon). Now, all that said, I do have some disappointment left in me that we could never put it together for Bradford. Foles has a lot more going for him right now than Bradford ever did. But it is what it is. Can't un-ring that bell.

I don't think our O-line looks as bad as everyone is saying either. Especially for being so young and having been shifted around last night (which is pivotal to see which guys can play utility). I saw plenty of plays where they were holding their own, but I would like to see a bit more anger out of them in run blocking. Furious blocking, really. And a couple of the guys can certainly improve individually at this point in time. I think they will too. As I said earlier, there are ways to cover up those deficiencies and still get the job done. Just remains to be seen if Cignetti recognizes that and has a plan B to implement.

Finally, I hope I can still say things that I see without it being mistaken for bashing or man-love. Like, I think Bradford throws better in the intermediate range, and has better accuracy than Foles. Doesn't mean I want Bradford or am bashing Foles. At the same time, I think Foles has a better deep arm and more confidence in his own abilities. He's not afraid to chuck it or keep the ball to wait for a route to develop. Plus he maneuvers around/climbs the pocket a little better than Bradford did. I'm going to watch them both, but I'm more interested in what Foles does from here on out. He's our dude now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm talking about pure play design - the routes that were being .run. Martz was genius in that area - schotty's "spread offense" looked like he didn't know how to design it, imo. Particularly after the first half
Okay then. I mean, I have no idea how you could qualify those kinds of statements, but your opinion is valid and appreciated. Plus, we really don't wanna go down that road again, do we? lol.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
"There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million,"
The Fault In Our Stars
Then there's the number of Sam Bradford threads we're going to see between now and the end of time which is bigger still
RAGRam

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
If I could build a time machine I would tell Sam to not scramble against the Panthers. He was playing the best football he has ever played. I think we could have made the playoffs last year with a healthy Bradford. If he can stay healthy he will be an absolute star in the Philadelphia system.
It's just too bad his first name is "if".