Got a chance to watch Sam's 1st 3 series

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
I think you're the one who didn't watch the clips. In the replay of the Sproles TD you can literally see him turn his head and go through his progression. I don't know what you saw.

That's what I saw.

Sam looked comfortable and made some great throws. He didn't have much pressure most of the time.
Could be the WR/TE/RBs were where they were suppose to be. I often wondered about the Rams group knowing where to be when Sam was here.

A55VA6

Legend
I'd rather have Foles because I don't want to wonder if our QB is gonna get back up off the ground every time he gets hit. Plus, Foles is our QB so he automatically gets my allegiance (I'll have to start charging for this soon). Now, all that said, I do have some disappointment left in me that we could never put it together for Bradford. Foles has a lot more going for him right now than Bradford ever did. But it is what it is. Can't un-ring that bell.

I don't think our O-line looks as bad as everyone is saying either. Especially for being so young and having been shifted around last night (which is pivotal to see which guys can play utility). I saw plenty of plays where they were holding their own, but I would like to see a bit more anger out of them in run blocking. Furious blocking, really. And a couple of the guys can certainly improve individually at this point in time. I think they will too. As I said earlier, there are ways to cover up those deficiencies and still get the job done. Just remains to be seen if Cignetti recognizes that and has a plan B to implement.

Finally, I hope I can still say things that I see without it being mistaken for bashing or man-love. Like, I think Bradford throws better in the intermediate range, and has better accuracy than Foles. Doesn't mean I want Bradford or am bashing Foles. At the same time, I think Foles has a better deep arm and more confidence in his own abilities. He's not afraid to chuck it or keep the ball to wait for a route to develop. Plus he maneuvers around/climbs the pocket a little better than Bradford did. I'm going to watch them both, but I'm more interested in what Foles does from here on out. He's our dude now.
Well said. The OL hasn't looked great, but I'm optimistic. Get Saffold back where he belongs on the right side, get our Center spot figured out (I think it'll be Jones), and I believe by midseason they could be a very solid line.

iced

Okay then. I mean, I have no idea how you could qualify those kinds of statements, but your opinion is valid and appreciated. Plus, we really don't wanna go down that road again, do we? lol.

Lol I am by no means an expert but I rarely saw anything from Schotty's offense that said "wow that was a great play design" , nor did he know how to adjust to the defense (again this comes with play design and calling). Rams were the worst offense in the 3rd quarter last year - its his track record. He clearly didn't know how to attack/exploit the defense, like some of the better coaches in the league - Chip Kelly being one of them. As always my two cents, still love ya whether you agree or not :)

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Ugh. It is going to be a long season around here if Sam does well and the Rams do not. Unbearably long....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
As always my two cents, still love ya whether you agree or not :)
How could you not?

I mean, I'm kinda awesome.

3JOGq7X.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ugh. It is going to be a long season around here if Sam does well and the Rams do not. Unbearably long....
If you survived the Warner/Bulger era, you'll do okay this time around.
Besides, I think both are gonna do well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yep... people like to get caught up on some of this stuff because if you say something is simple they take it as a diss of Sam or if you say its a better fit because its simple they take that as a diss too

but QBs have differnet strengths and weaknesses and some systems fit some QBs better than others. That thing that Brady runs under McDaniels in New England is very compex. What Warner and Fouts ran in that Coryell system is complex, the system in place with Scott Linehan in Dallas is complex.

The Chip Kellys system not so much... doesn't mean its less effecitive right? Its just a different system that leans more on the coach calling the plays.

That = Great for Sam Bradford because he can think more about just throwing football and less about the other stuff

I hope you realize that Peyton Manning ran one of the NFL's simplest offenses throughout his career.

The thing about simple offenses is that they rely more on execution than surprise. Which does not make things easier. Just different.

I don't know why you came on here and decided to stir up this hornet's nest.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't know. Even if Sam does play well, I think we were all agreed that we had to move on. If the team had traded him after 2013, I could see this. But I don't think there were (m)any left saying we have to keep him. Even the Sam supporters agreed that he is too big of an injury risk even with how talented he is.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Even the Sam supporters agreed that he is too big of an injury risk even with how talented he is.
Yup. And it's only going to be natural to keep track of how he does.
Lotta people are curious about whether or not their personal theories about him were correct.
What will SUCK is if we have to see posts after every outing saying "SEE!" (and that means if he does good OR bad).

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'm happy (well, not happy at all) that we'll finally see sam in a system that plays to his strengths. even though i thought he would kill it with what the rams have now he will even more so with kelly calling the shots.

going to be a great year. watch the rams terrorise opponents (i hope) then watch sam in action if i know he had a good game.