Goodbye

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
I understand the idea of giving up on a team because they are moving. When the possibility of my Vikings moving out of MN was real I had the chance to think about it. Had they moved, I more than likely would have become a Packers fan after a year or so. Now, why the Packers? Well, first you have to understand that I grew up 29 miles from Green Bay. So I was a Viking fan in the heart of Packer country. Being a 9 year old Vikings fan was tough. But I grew up respecting the dedication of Packer fans to their team. How many were "owners" (in the loosest sense of the word), And I decided that is how I would support my team. But if they moved, well it would have been hard. I have been to exactly 2 Vikings games in my life. And to be honest, the first one I was so freaking cold, (at the old Met stadium) and drunk that I barely saw any of the game. The second was when the Humpty dome first opened. (I could never get past the fact that it smelled like a well worn Tennis shoe). Now, why is this important? Because, the Vikings belong in MN.

If I were a fan who grew up in St. Louis I can understand how someone would give up on their team if they moved. But, before you do, I say give them a year. See how you feel after the move. Teams are driven by their fans. And many are not in the hometown of the team they support. And in all my travels throughout the US, you know whose fans I run into the most. The Packers. Those Bastards are everywhere. So be bastard Rams fan. Be the person that goes to the stadium in Boston when they play New England, or Miami, or Dallas. Be the fan away from the team. But if you can't do that, well then be a Packer fan. They aren't moving anytime soon. At least somewhere down the road you will probably be able to spend a couple hundred dollars and pretend you are part owner of the team. (which BTW, I almost did, just so I could tick off Packer fans)

tahoe

Pro Bowler
A lot of you LA guys are being, Ill say, insensitive (I want to say stronger words but I wont) I get that you have hated St Louis because the rams left to go there but we got jobbed big time. We did everything right to keep our team and in the end it didn't matter to those greedy bastards. I feel like my heart just got ripped out and you tell me that Im not a true fan? I don't know what Ill do with my fandom right now, I hate Kroenke and the nfl but I don't know if I can stay away from my rams. But then I also wonder are they really my rams anymore? The organization obviously doesn't care about me why should I continue to care about them? Im just devastated right now.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Been there man.
Lasted one season basically.

This.

When Georgia moved the team from LA I vowed not to support them. Was living in New Orleans at the time, but couldn't root for the Saints, after years of them being the enemy, so I found a Jacksonville t-shirt on sale and decided I would root for them. Found I just couldn't do it, and ended up still rooting for the Rams after a brief period where I had enough personal stuff going on that I had no time for the NFL anyway.

I had no dog in this hunt - I wanted them to stay in St Louis, but I know people from both cities, and live in Arizona now anyway. Know that it does get better, though it may take a while. Just like Georgia Frontiere was only a temporary owner of the Rams, Kroenke will go away at some point. And the Rams will remain, with their at times glorious history.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I disagree with you on the stadium. The rams were only able to break the lease if we didnt stay in the top 1/3 I'm stadium value. He told us, we will move if the lease isn't upheld. We didnt do a Damn thing about it. So then he said fuck you. And it wasn't until he bought land and it became a real threat that the city put together a half assed plan for a stadium without guaranteed funding and the threat of local lawsuits against the city if we tool public money.

Look, I'm as devastated as every other ST.LOUIS fan. BUT, I understand that its a business. Did Kroenke and the NFL fuck us? Yes...but we put them in a position to do just that.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
St Louis fans my heart goes out to you, God willing the colors have bled into your heart and you'll come back to the team and root for our players

It's tough
I know my dad and brother gave up Ram's football when they left to St Louis -- in fact my horrible brother roots for the seahawks because of Carroll

I just couldn't do it - I love this team

I'm not happy cause I'm gonna miss a lot of you guys

We shared some good times and I know while some of you will be back not all of you will

God bless you guys - loved the time we had together

Rams43

Hall of Fame
For my ST Louis Rams brothers...

I know this hurts right now. It's like a bad breakup.

But time will heal the wounds.

I recommend that you think of yourselves as fans of the players. It got me through the move from LA to St Louis 20 years ago.

It's the players that make the plays. The players to whom we get attached. The posters feature players pictures. The jerseys have the players names on them.

Who gives a good Gawd damn about the name of the owner? Now that the Internet, Sunday Ticket, and this message board are easily available, why miss out on following your favorite players with your "board buddies"?

Hope to see you St Louis Ram fans posting here early and often. Gonna be a great ride, I think.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Are you referencing the OP?

You don't understand the intense love for city the STL area has. Just take his post with a grain of salt but don't belittle it.

Have some respect.

A Pats fan !! Great .

Hope they don't deflate your balls. They don't even have Chris Long anymore.

You choose city over team . Marinated your tailgate with a little Kraft Dressing .

In the End , Brady is one of the greatest.

--Your just going to see The Rams more often on He Red Zone than years past

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Too many damn good posters gone. Smdh

Psycho_X

Legend
Well this seems like an unfortunate necro of an unfortunate time in some of our lives. I'm going after the bait!!!!

giphy.gif

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Well this seems like an unfortunate necro of an unfortunate time in some of our lives. I'm going after the bait!!!!

giphy.gif
The weird thing about this is the cow is still there on his back to this day.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow..this thread arose from the dead, unlike the bull...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
As we say in the Navy "fair winds and following seas" to you and family. Take care.

But then again... the horns are hard to let go of lol. I like that you're still around, so hang in there Tina! :LOL:

Ramzheart

Rookie
It's been nice being a fellow Rams fan with you all. I can no longer support the team, as I feel that fandom is a relationship, and I am no Tina Turner.

Good luck, godspeed, and I'll be here in Boston rooting for the Patriots and for the Rams to go 0-16 for the rest of time. Vindictive? Probably. Just returning the team's emotional wavelength.
Good riddance! Have fun rooting for the Cheatroits, one less fair weather I guess...

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
20 months later, he still posts here. Hope you cooled down since then @DCH

fearsomefour

Legend
A lot of you LA guys are being, Ill say, insensitive (I want to say stronger words but I wont) I get that you have hated St Louis because the rams left to go there but we got jobbed big time. We did everything right to keep our team and in the end it didn't matter to those greedy bastards. I feel like my heart just got ripped out and you tell me that Im not a true fan? I don't know what Ill do with my fandom right now, I hate Kroenke and the nfl but I don't know if I can stay away from my rams. But then I also wonder are they really my rams anymore? The organization obviously doesn't care about me why should I continue to care about them? Im just devastated right now.
Exact same story as 25 years ago in LA.
What in the world makes fans think their butts in seats matter is beyond me.
The deal they got moving to St Louis....it would have been foolish to stay in LA.
The skyrocketing value of the team moving back to LA, it would have been foolish to stay in St Louis.
All the hurt feelings stuff....two way street that's better left alone.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
RAMS!!!

ALL day!

EVERY day since 1968!

No waiver in this man!

No flapping in the wind or blowing around like a tumbleweed.

RAMS RULE! End of story! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.