Goodbye

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
20 months later, he still posts here. Hope you cooled down since then @DCH
The animosity is gone. The anger has subsided. I now consider the Rams like i do the rest of the NFL teams that I'm not a fan of - with detached consideration.

The "0-16 for the rest of eternity" bit is gone. I'll never root for the Rams, but I don't bother rooting against them, either.

I expect that as the players I knew churn through, they'll continue to fade into the rest of the league with regards to my interest. I'm sure nobody gives a crap about whether I'm interested in them or not, but that's the process, it seems.

I still pop in here now and again because, although I no longer care for the Rams, I still like a lot of folks on this board, and the other forum where I'm active is full of naught but shit-flinging trolls. Here I can talk football, even though 99% of the board hates the team in the city where I've lived this past twelve years.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm going through that a bit right now with the LA Kings. Since Vegas now has its own team and since it's a new team I don't have any hate for, I am going to take the plunge and change allegiance to my hometown team. But it's still going to be painful man, I have been a hardcore fan of the Kings since the mid-80s when I'd watch them in between Laker games on Prime Ticket.

Not sure how long it's gonna take tbh. But having a home team to root for trumps all else. So I definitely get where you're comin from, even though I suspect you still love the horns! :p

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
The animosity is gone. The anger has subsided. I now consider the Rams like i do the rest of the NFL teams that I'm not a fan of - with detached consideration.

The "0-16 for the rest of eternity" bit is gone. I'll never root for the Rams, but I don't bother rooting against them, either.

I expect that as the players I knew churn through, they'll continue to fade into the rest of the league with regards to my interest. I'm sure nobody gives a crap about whether I'm interested in them or not, but that's the process, it seems.

I still pop in here now and again because, although I no longer care for the Rams, I still like a lot of folks on this board, and the other forum where I'm active is full of naught but crap-flinging trolls. Here I can talk football, even though 99% of the board hates the team in the city where I've lived this past twelve years.

No hard feelings man, I know deep down you still have a soft spot for the Rams; if not, for the posters here. I've grown to mellow out on the Pats or any other teams with that provoke toxicity. Probably has to do with my waning interest for the NFL in general.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I'm going through that a bit right now with the LA Kings. Since Vegas now has its own team and since it's a new team I don't have any hate for, I am going to take the plunge and change allegiance to my hometown team. But it's still going to be painful man, I have been a hardcore fan of the Kings since the mid-80s when I'd watch them in between Laker games on Prime Ticket.

Not sure how long it's gonna take tbh. But having a home team to root for trumps all else. So I definitely get where you're comin from, even though I suspect you still love the horns! :p
OOC, you gonna follow the Vegas Raiders?

Taking my nephew to a game at Foxboro was a big push towards the Patriots. I had almost forgotten how important to my personal fandom the local/community connection really is.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OOC, you gonna follow the Vegas Raiders?

Taking my nephew to a game at Foxboro was a big push towards the Patriots. I had almost forgotten how important to my personal fandom the local/community connection really is.

Thought about it but I can't do it. With the Raiders there is a history, and I have never liked them as a team or organization.

If Vegas had brought in the Ducks, for example, vice getting a new team, I'd have stayed a Kings fan. And conversely if Vegas had gotten a new NFL team, yeah I'd probably change over. But thankfully that's not the case.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
No Bandwagon fans...

Anyone who could drop the Rams and become a Patriots fan..honestly wasn't that much of a Ram fan to begin with... You roll with the team that cheated "your team" in the Super Bowl??? smh...

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
No Bandwagon fans...

Anyone who could drop the Rams and become a Patriots fan..honestly wasn't that much of a Ram fan to begin with... You roll with the team that cheated "your team" in the Super Bowl??? smh...
As opposed to the team that cheated me personally and my hometown? Yeah.

I supported the Rams through the bad times. I went into every season with high hopes. I watched every game through the Spagnuolo and Linehan years. I proudly supported my awful, awful team, because it was my team. Losing was fine. Being run horribly was fine. I would remain a Ram fan through anything the team did on the field.

But what they did when they left? That I could not abide. Fandom without a connection to my community or my hometown is, to me, nothing but supporting a tribe on a reality TV show, and I fucking hate reality TV.

You feel differently? That's fine. I don't judge. But if you think I "wasn't that much of a Rams fan to begin with," well, EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

bruh..You Going TRAITOR ON ME? Kings haven't done anything wrong to fans, and have won two Stanley Cups recently!
You're (almost) dead to me...

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
No Bandwagon fans...

DCH already mentioned that it is more about "community" for him then it is "team".

Every person has different motivations for why they do things so we really have to take that into consideration.

He feels his old community with slighted.

He enjoys that his new community wins.

As long as he doesn't apologize or make excuses for their cheating, he has the right to enjoy his new team.

And yes that was very hard for me to verbalize as I hate the Cheaters and feel 100% that they ripped us off a Super Bowl win by cheating. :D

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
DCH already mentioned that it is more about "community" for him then it is "team".

Every person has different motivations for why they do things so we really have to take that into consideration.

He feels his old community with slighted.

He enjoys that his new community wins.

As long as he doesn't apologize or make excuses for their cheating, he has the right to enjoy his new team.

And yes that was very hard for me to verbalize as I hate the Cheaters and feel 100% that they ripped us off a Super Bowl win by cheating. :D
Yeah, I feel that the value of a team - to me - is in relation to its representation of me and my community. I appreciate the understanding. Spygate was shitty, although equal shittiness goes towards the refs in that SB that just decided from the get-go that defensive holding was suddenly legal.

The only cheating scandal I'll defend the Pats on is deflategate, because that was ridiculous.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
As opposed to the team that cheated me personally and my hometown? Yeah.
Really? How did they cheat you?

Was it the Greatest Show On Turf years?

Was it all those televised playoff games that you sat around and cheered the Rams on.

Was it watching all those Hall of Fame players in person?

Was it when you jumped out of your seat when Mike Jones made that tackle a yard short of the goal line?

Was it the Super Bowl trophy presentation and all that confetti falling from the ceiling?

Was it 21 years of having a NFL team where you had none before?

Please tell me how you were "cheated"?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Really? How did they cheat you?

Was it the Greatest Show On Turf years?

Was it all those televised playoff games that you sat around and cheered the Rams on.

Was it watching all those Hall of Fame players in person?

Was it when you jumped out of your seat when Mike Jones made that tackle a yard short of the goal line?

Was it the Super Bowl trophy presentation and all that confetti falling from the ceiling?

Was it 21 years of having a NFL team where you had none before?

Please tell me how you were "cheated"?
You know perfectly well I'm referring to leaving STL for LA and aggressively burning bridges behind them. As someone born and raised in STL, that felt unequivocally like cheating me personally.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still pop in here now and again because, although I no longer care for the Rams, I still like a lot of folks on this board
If your anger is with the Rams, and not the "friends" on this board, then surely you can see how that seems hypocritical with a bold Patriots pic as your avatar.
I have no issue with fans of other teams, @Rynie is a prime example. Rams fans have a level of detest with the Pats over that SB, so why be remotely antagonistic?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
If your anger is with the Rams, and not the "friends" on this board, then surely you can see how that seems hypocritical with a bold Patriots pic as your avatar.
I have no issue with fans of other teams, @Rynie is a prime example. Rams fans have a level of detest with the Pats over that SB, so why be remotely antagonistic?
If I had spent the past twelve years living in Nashville, I'd be here sporting a Titans logo. I didn't. This is simply me being open and honest about what team I root for. It's hard for me to fathom that the Patriots logo should be considered antagonistic in any way, shape or form.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
But hell, if it seems antagonistic to you, I'll change to my favorite beer instead. Better?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
bruh..You Going TRAITOR ON ME? Kings haven't done anything wrong to fans, and have won two Stanley Cups recently!
You're (almost) dead to me...

Yeah lol. Sadly I already ordered the jersey and have been wearing their gear. It's gonna suck for a while, that's for sure.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Yeah lol. Sadly I already ordered the jersey and have been wearing their gear. It's gonna suck for a while, that's for sure.
It's pretty great that it's an actual expansion. Teams shouldn't move... the Rams never should have left LA, the Cardinals never should have left STL, the Raiders should stay in Oakland, Houston should still be the Oilers, etc. etc. etc.

Relocation sucks. Expansion is much better.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For anyone who has a beef with Kroenke and how he handled the entire move from STL, I fully understand.

If anyone asks me about the owner of the Rams, I'll pretend I don't know who he is.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I had spent the past twelve years living in Nashville, I'd be here sporting a Titans logo. I didn't. This is simply me being open and honest about what team I root for. It's hard for me to fathom that the Patriots logo should be considered antagonistic in any way, shape or form.
I'm not sure how this could possibly be an honest statement, were you a Rams fan during SB 36?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I'm not sure how this could possibly be an honest statement, were you a Rams fan during SB 36?
Yup. One game, fifteen years ago. Maybe it's because I've lived in Boston since 2005, but the mere existence of Patriots fans and their gear never bothered me.

Status
Not open for further replies.