Goodbye

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohiorams

Rookie
I find it absolutely insensitive. It's easy to make these comments when you don't GO TO THE GAMES.

You sit at home on your couch in front of a tv I guess itt doesn't matter where they play.

But when you share the experIence of being in the stadium while you watch your teenage son grow up, when you invest the time to go to every open practice and meet other terrific loyal and dedicated fans because they sure the same sort of passion. Then you might get think twice before you make these insensitive remarks above how not hung really important happened today.

I lived in Pasadena Ca. my whole life-up till now-. The Rams moving didnt do a damn thing to me

Big Willie

Starter
Emotionally, I am done with the NFL too. I am skipping all NFL football. No to the playoffs, combine, draft, and definitely no to the Super Bowl. I am going cold turkey. Ironically, after so many years of horrific football, LA gets a team that seems close to making the playoffs.

Goodbye to all you fine folks.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I lived in Pasadena Ca. my whole life-up till now-. The Rams moving didnt do a damn thing to me
My point exactly. But for those of us who actually attended the games and practices. And shared the experience with their families it definitely feels like something VERY IMPORTANT happened today. And yes, it may seem a little melodramatic to say it's even life changing, that is exactly what it feels like to me.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
My point exactly. But for those of us who actually attended the games and practices. And shared the experience with their families it definitely feels like something VERY IMPORTANT happened today. And yes, it may seem a little melodramatic to say it's even life changing, that is exactly what it feels like to me.
It's more than a team. Sports are a big part of many peoples lives.

I hope you stick around Coach. Sincerely.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
It's more than a team. Sports are a big part of many peoples lives.

I hope you stick around Coach. Sincerely.
Seriously doubt that I'm gonna stick around. My passion has been sapped from me.

I enjoyed seeing this team up close and personal. And now that is no longer an option.

I'm left with feeling the need to say.... Let's go Chiefs!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Seriously doubt that I'm gonna stick around. My passion has been sapped from me.

I enjoyed seeing this team up close and personal. And now that is no longer an option.

Hopefully, when things settle down you'll reconsider.
If not. I want to thank you for all the great Camp Reports and team info you share. They have seriously made my off seasons more tolerable, going back to the PD days before I found this board.( still go there, occasionally. I get get enough football)
Your football talk would be missed as well.

ohiorams

Rookie
I did go to games. Pasadena is 30 minutes away is my point.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
The bottom line is that any team within any sport is a business and everyone is aware of that fact.

However, what sets sports teams apart from other businesses is the investment that fans (the 'customers' if you will) have made not only in monetary terms (tickets, merchandise etc) but also the time and emotional investment. Fans experience the highs and lows as much as, if not more so, than anyone else associated with that team.

My football/soccer team here in England has pretty much sucked the whole time I've supported them and I've watched agonising losses in big games as well as a few glorious highs in others (made more glorious by having experienced the lows). I don't own that team, a crook currently in jail for money laundering in Hong Kong does and I can't do anything about that, but I feel a part of it. Its in my blood. It is part of what defines me as a person.

@CoachO and another poster (whom I won't name here) have both talked about taking their children to games and what that has meant to them. Supporting a sports team is something that you pass on to your kids and that was maybe passed on to you by your own parents. It is that important in my opinion.

Having that tie to a team ripped out of you by a handful of billionaires who completely flouted their own rules must be heartbreaking and to anyone who says that its business and you need to suck it up and move on I would suggest that you are either benefiting from this move (in which case you potentially experienced the same thing 21 years ago and ought to know better) or you just don't understand what supporting a team and investing in it emotionally really truly means (and if that's the case I feel sorry for you because, other than having a family, its the best thing in the world and an emotional roller coaster like no other and I personally wouldn't have it any other way).

I'd also like to thank @CoachO for the camp reports over the past few years. Along with the draft, they were the highlight of the off season for me.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'm probably leaving the forum too. I'll miss you guys, I felt like I made some online friends on this forum. And believe me it's not the forum's fault that I'm leaving. But I can't stand by when the team dumps the city I was born and raised in, my parents were born and raised in and their parents. I don't even live in St. Louis anymore, but this hurt just as much. Maybe one day I can forgive them and come back, but I honestly don't see that happening. This is actually one of the sadder days of my life. The Rams became my obsession and now I'm giving up one of the great loves of my life. This sucks, it sucks really hard

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
@CoachO & @brokeu91 and others - it'll be a sadder day if you both leave the ROD community and walk away from the Ram family that you have on here. I know it must suck, it must be a gut wrenching feeling. I'd hope you can, take time out, let the anger and emotions settle, and ask yourself if you'd consider coming back to the fold - I know being form the UK, you probably think it's easy for me to say, but I took some time out when the Rams originally left LA, heck I missed the Warner era and the GSOT because i felt let down by the change. But I came back, and you guys all made me feel welcome.

So hopefully, in a few weeks, months, years, you guys will pop back sometime, and we will be here for you, because running through your veins is Ram blood

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
It's been nice being a fellow Rams fan with you all. I can no longer support the team, as I feel that fandom is a relationship, and I am no Tina Turner.

Good luck, godspeed, and I'll be here in Boston rooting for the Patriots and for the Rams to go 0-16 for the rest of time. Vindictive? Probably. Just returning the team's emotional wavelength.

Don't do it!!!!!!! I am in Boston too. It will be easier to watch the Rams because there are less late games. Plus the Patroits have about 3 or 4 years left before they go into total rebuild

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Bittersweet waking up to this news. I have no dog in this fight. Been a Rams fan since 75 and never lived on the west coast so I have always rooted for afar. So happy for all my LA friends, you stuck with this team when they left and now they are going home.

So sorry for the folks in the great city of St Louis. You deserved better. I have met so many great people from both cities.

This book is not over though. St Louis will have a team again. I hope you stick this out and return as Ram fans though.

What sucks is I was heading to a game next year but St Louis would of been an easier trip to make with 2 small children.

Maybe I will wait for the Red Sox to visit St Louis again.....such a great city you have.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Man, selfishly I really really hope that all of you stay, but it is impossible to discount how you are feeling right now. I am surprised at how many insensitive posts have come out of the woodwork over this. Here is hoping that you feel differently after some time away and can rejoin the forum as you are ALL important contributors. I tried to give up on this team for the first time in 35+ years after watching the Baltimore game in person. Just can't quit em' dammit......

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Being from Manchester it makes no logistical difference to me where they play.

That said I'm not sure I can support an owner who has treated fans with such utter contempt, a figurehead who has blatantly lied to every single Rams fan, or give another penny to a league full of such utter fucks. My feelings at the moment is fuck them all.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if this anger will subside at some point, and I'll get bored during the 7 month off season, check back in here and get hooked once again, I'm very weak willed, it's why I never started smoking, I know I couldn't stop.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor

well, whatever your decision, thanks for all of your preseason thoughts and reviews and updates. preseason just got a little duller without them.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm like many of you. Born and raised in STL area. But to be honest I've probably only been to 10-15 games. St.Louis waited until the 11th hour to get a stadium proposal and still didnt have the financials all set. We lost the rams as much as they left us. I dont care where they play. Fuck the NFL and fuck Stan. But fuck my Rams? Never....I was so torn....but after taking a breath, I realised its the players and the memories I love. And most of those memories were on a television. I understand your anger, but just take a break. See how excited you get come free agency or combine time or draft day. Of you feel the urge, dont fight it. Come back and talk with us.

Q729

Legend
Don't do it!!!!!!! I am in Boston too. It will be easier to watch the Rams because there are less late games. Plus the Patroits have about 3 or 4 years left before they go into total rebuild
Damn, I just realized most of the games will be 4pm starts again! I hate those...

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Being from Manchester it makes no logistical difference to me where they play.

That said I'm not sure I can support an owner who has treated fans with such utter contempt, a figurehead who has blatantly lied to every single Rams fan, or give another penny to a league full of such utter fucks. My feelings at the moment is freak them all.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if this anger will subside at some point, and I'll get bored during the 7 month off season, check back in here and get hooked once again, I'm very weak willed, it's why I never started smoking, I know I couldn't stop.

Sadly, this is probably 80% of the owners in the NFL.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I'm like many of you. Born and raised in STL area. But to be honest I've probably only been to 10-15 games. St.Louis waited until the 11th hour to get a stadium proposal and still didnt have the financials all set. We lost the rams as much as they left us. I dont care where they play. freak the NFL and freak Stan. But freak my Rams? Never....I was so torn....but after taking a breath, I realised its the players and the memories I love. And most of those memories were on a television. I understand your anger, but just take a break. See how excited you get come free agency or combine time or draft day. Of you feel the urge, dont fight it. Come back and talk with us.
This is not on St Louis at all, it wouldn't have mattered what St Louis did it was predetermined by a corrupt league that Kroenke was going to get what he wanted. St Louis could have offered a fully funded stadium and they would have said it wasn't good enough. The nfl lied to us and led us on giving us hope but we never had a chance from the beginning.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Damn, I just realized most of the games will be 4pm starts again! I hate those...

This was one of my first thoughts too except 4pm eastern time is 9pm over here in the UK. Each home game (plus some road games) will be finishing at gone midnight with work the next morning. Oh well at least the kids will be in bed by the time they start. With the early games, my 5 year old is still up well into the 2nd half

Status
Not open for further replies.