Goff's weight?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
By the photographs he appears to be a little bigger to me but I think the weight issue is a bit of "over concern". ( though I do it know it's the off-season :) ).

His own internal biometrics knows where he needs to be to get the job done while still remaining flexible which he might lose to a point in gaining too much muscle mass. JMO

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
By the photographs he appears to be a little bigger to me but I think the weight issue is a bit of "over concern". ( though I do it know it's the off-season :) ).

His own internal biometrics knows where he needs to be to get the job done while still remaining flexible which he might lose to a point in gaining too much muscle mass. JMO

Exactly my thoughts, well said brotha

Psycho_X

Legend
He looks like he has put on 5-10 lbs since training camp last season. That should be the sweet spot for him. It's not a concern at all for me. Injury has more to do with luck, protection, and genetics (not bendy or evasive) in that order I'd say.

Some comparison weights according to NFL.com stats from last season. If Goff starts the season at 220-225 I'd say that's good progress and where he should probably play at imo.

Name Weight
Jared Goff 215
Matt Ryan 217
Tom Brady 225
Dak Prescott 226
Aaron Rodgers 225
Drew Breese 209
Sam Bradford 224
Kirk Cousins 210
Derek Carr 215
Russell Wilson 215
Andy Dalton 220

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If the Offensive Line keeps Goff upright, he will undoubtedly look much bigger this year.
AXA20161127280_Rams_at_Saints-770x550.jpg

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Looks like he put on a few lbs. He clearly has TONED up since last year.

2016 Picture
0*yvx-U4Wi5hMrS5V8.

2017 Picture
ryan-gosling-shirtless-crazy-stupid-love.jpg

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams have three Strength & Conditioning Coaches now so hopefully Goff is working diligently at this.

MAXWELL

UDFA
this is the most amazing thread i have ever seen on a sports site. and i don't mean that as a compliment. how are his calves? for god's sake, has anybody checked his calves?!?!

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
We can air brush him some abs if he ever takes his shirt off again. Thats air brushing on the actor above. It's done commonly in Hollywood. That movie 300 had tons of airbrushing done. For the Spartans. I too was a Health Spa Manager and trainer and he has gotten thicker in neck and his spaghetti arms have tone but not muscle seperation. Would have to see him after weight training to see if he has arms. His upper arms scare me the most. I agree with the other posters as his ability to throw his acurate fastball does not need the muscles the Gator quarterback (Tebow) has that I think even hurt his release as an NFL quarterback. Would have made a possible TE though. A gradual size improvement with the supplements and protein shakes and enzymes he is given will eventually show progress. His muffin top will burn off when the running of Hell N' Backs start. Hate to hear he was eating a freaking corndog. Nothing but empty wasted calories in all that. I'm sure he has a ton to learn about how it all works yet. Takes years. As long as he can call the new plays in the huddle correctly and make the line protection calls and learns like Warner how to pre-read a defense. He is still so freaking young. Two years younger than the Eagles rookie QB (Wentz). Hope he lives through this year with a positive improvement is my biggest hope.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
this is the most amazing thread i have ever seen on a sports site. and i don't mean that as a compliment. how are his calves? for god's sake, has anybody checked his calves?!?!

As an ex-body builder , you are'nt aware of what goes on in the gym sometimes. Calves are the slowest growing muscle group on your body with the most fast twitch muscle fiber (The white muscle fiber). Calves are freaking important brother. Not like anyone here remembers Madden commenting Jeff Zygonia's (Cankles) (Rams DT in SB XXXIV as he had the thickest calves through his ankles that John had ever seen. Yes a sprinters ankles have different needs then every different athlete . A body builder builds them for size and symetry. Some actually get implants dude. There's a whole world you're not aware of. Not important. We all know different stuff.

MAXWELL

UDFA
As an ex-body builder , you are'nt aware of what goes on in the gym sometimes. Calves are the slowest growing muscle group on your body with the most fast twitch muscle fiber (The white muscle fiber). Calves are freaking important brother. Not like anyone here remembers Madden commenting Jeff Zygonia's (Cankles) (Rams DT in SB XXXIV as he had the thickest calves through his ankles that John had ever seen. Yes a sprinters ankles have different needs then every different athlete . A body builder builds them for size and symetry. Some actually get implants dude. There's a whole world you're not aware of. Not important. We all know different stuff.

hahahaha, i am not aware of it because it is extremely gay. as is this thread (and to quote seinfeld, not that there is anything wrong with that). but you do you, and if that is micro-analyzing the body of another man, then god speed. just, not what one is used to seeing on a sports thread. heh.

Psycho_X

Legend

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
hahahaha, i am not aware of it because it is extremely gay. as is this thread (and to quote seinfeld, not that there is anything wrong with that). but you do you, and if that is micro-analyzing the body of another man, then god speed. just, not what one is used to seeing on a sports thread. heh.

..doesn't make it gay, man. In fact, I guarantee you those same bodybuilders and avid gym rats have more testosterone pumping through their body than you do, natural or not. I'm a gym rat myself and love all aspects of lifting, dieting, nutrition, and wellbeing, and this comment is narrow minded.

Needless to say, it doesn't matter and I agree that this thread is just off-season talk; things are slow. Nothing to see here.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
lol this escalated into some people being insecure about their masculinity

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haha, damn, people can't ask if their favorite team's QB has bulked up any for the new season without a shitstorm breaking out????? Can't even fart in church anymore!!!!:rant:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Haha, damn, people can't ask if their favorite team's QB has bulked up any for the new season without a shitstorm breaking out????? Can't even fart in church anymore!!!!:rant:
Don't worry, I can handle this....
amZqwP2.gif

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH

This thread is not gay. Your totally ignorant of what occurred before you were born.( Everyone is ignorant. Only on different subjects). I'll bet your some Milleniall who has no clue of what people did long before he was born. It does apply greatly to this thread and how body building is a great big part of Football and the NFL. Sorry you need to google Mr. Olympia and go up to one of those men and call them gay to their face. Jared Goff has to do a portion of what they did. Just not as focused. On the other hand Aaron Donald does a lot of what I did exactly to this day. Each position works out differently.

We found out football has gay people in it too. I won't defend that lifestyle as it has nothing to do with bodybuilding. Its way too hard for most human beings anyway. Educate yourself son before you make a fool of yourself. If you are just too uneducated and sound not sure of your sexuality to be able to appreciate what GOD created. Shame were the world has gone.

Guess your too young not to have seen Arnold Swarzennegar(sp?) come from Germany and take what you called gay to what became the Mr Olympia competition . I agree its a very celf centered effort but most people that have not read Pumping Iron and realized the super hard work and effort to become and shape the beautifull form that GOD created in all the physiology of the mans body. The females also have competed for decades and could probably whip your ass too.

It takes a person who can work through the pain and then keep pushing through to tear yourself down and with amino acids and other great protein powders and supplements repair the body back to train that specific body part again on a cycle. This was popular in the 70's and GNC and other stores got their start from supplying all the body builders. I think your uncalled for gay comment should have been kept to yourself. Just because your ignorant of a topic or area that has produced many a great Champions that sacrificed more hard work than you'll ever put forth in your lifetime.

Lou Ferrigno who played the Hulk in the 70's and tons of other athletes in the body building world made millions of dollars in the Movie buisiness. I assure you there were no gay people involved in pumping heavy weights till you puke and just keep pushing through that pain and sweat to obtain a superior body that MOST others did'nt have the stamina or willpower to achieve. I'm married 26 years with kids older than you and bodybuilding, and after playing ORT 8 years I managed Health Spa's all over the Southeast of the U.S. and trained many a competition Champion. Its not as popular today because of the emergance of the gay community. Was nothing about the sport that made Millions in health and bodybuilding magazines and a ton of other buisinesses.

Steroid use kind of ruined the sport and Wrestling kind of took lots of the folks that had tried to make a life out of it. Only the top of the sport went on to make Millions. Look up Lee Haney. I was about the sport and doing it naturally. Our trainers I assure you have done serious body and power lifting. Or they would not know enough to train others.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I SERIOUSLY doubt he could gain that much muscle....He's thin enough that I bet he wouldn't need to worry about flexibility until his mid to late 30's....if he did basic yoga & stretching.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I SERIOUSLY doubt he could gain that much muscle....He's thin enough that I bet he wouldn't need to worry about flexibility until his mid to late 30's....if he did basic yoga & stretching.

Agree . Certain body types just even if they put forth a decent effort can NEVER gain the results as other do very easily. I have worked with so many that had enzyme and just plain bad genetics to ever build mass. One thing yet not mentioned is genetics. Almost every past Champion in muscle building , came from a good genetic tree. Comments in this area got a few people fired. Remember the CBS gambling guy on Sunday Pre-game shows back when Musberger just started. Oh he was call Jimmy "the Greek". I'm sure many older folks here remember him well.