Goff observation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
2nd year he played....and went 8-8, 17 tds.....not bad at all

Uh Goff is in week 11 and he already has 7 wins and 16 TD's.

Brees also had 16 interceptions year two. Goff currently has 4.

Goff also has a passer rating that is currently 25 points above Brees' second year. I mean you like to cherry pick stats a lot, but this is some straight bullshit dude. Some 7-9 bullshit.

bluecoconuts

Legend
The idea that 10-11 wins is remotely possible after the last few seasons is just...I don't even know.

I'll be honest, if we had went 7-9 this year I would have been happy. You know what normally happens with first year coaches? What's going on with the 49ers, or the Eagles last year. Now we have a pretty good chance at 10 wins, I never thought that would be possible this year. Regardless we've had a great year.

wmc540

Pro Bowler

Goff also has a passer rating that is currently 25 points above Brees' second year. I mean you like to cherry pick stats a lot, but this is some straight bullcrap dude. Some 7-9 bullcrap.

Thanks! I didn't even want to spend time composing this common sense response.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Goff also threw it into triple coverage, and missed a few wide open receivers. There were a few drops, but there were also a few inaccurate throws. 2 wasted timeouts and a delay of game penalty showed his lack of poise.
I will have to watch the game again on tape, but I had a pretty good seat and the only pass I remember being into a lot of coverage was the one to woods. Woods made a great defensive play on that for sure. The offensive game plan looked suspect to me for a lot of the game. Predictable and we were not able to control the line on either side. That is not on our QB. I promise you the vikings are legit btw. We can learn from them and this game.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Can't tell what Jared was looking at on TV. I know he was getting pressure. He escaped many times. Some missed catches did hurt too.

What didn't you like about the game calling by McVay?
Not enough misdirection I guess. Don't remember seeing Tavon at all. Also, not enough PA quick hitter plays that always seem to work. A lot of Gurley left... Left.... Left... No gain.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I will have to watch the game again on tape, but I had a pretty good seat and the only pass I remember being into a lot of coverage was the one to woods. Woods made a great defensive play on that for sure. The offensive game plan looked suspect to me for a lot of the game. Predictable and we were not able to control the line on either side. That is not on our QB. I promise you the vikings are legit btw. We can learn from them and this game.
Yeah, the only pass into a lot of coverage was that one to Woods, Goff also missed a few players while throwing on the run. Things weren't perfect for Goff, but its a reality every QB will have to face. I agree on the offensive gameplan, an effort to run the ball better would've benefited the offense. Gurley still leads the league in all purpose yards and TDs, not giving him the ball is foolish.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can't win the big one...still....

I heard a great saying....

you're either the Tractor or the trailer as a QB

and he's a trailer....can't pull this team nowhere....

Next week we'll see a tractor facing us.
C'mon now buddy . You and I usually agree on most subjects but you're wrong on this one . Goff didn't fumble the ball twice at the 1 yard line that cost one us one game and probably would've changed the outcome of today's game.
He also made 3 great throws to end the Seattle game that would've won it . Another great throw today that Kupp drops that would've made a huge difference. I wanted Wentz the whole time too but it is what it is , but Goff has more than pulled his weight for a kid . JMHO

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't win the big one...still....

I heard a great saying....

you're either the Tractor or the trailer as a QB

and he's a trailer....can't pull this team nowhere....

Next week we'll see a tractor facing us.
TMZ could use your analysis.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Stupid is as stupid does.... and some here do stupid really well.

I dont think Champ is stupid. I think he is crazy... like a fox. He is hilarious and he knows what he is doing. I genuinely appreciate what he brings us.

What I think is stupid is debating if Goff is a tractor or a trailer with a guy who thought Quick was an NFL starting caliber WR.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff also threw it into triple coverage, and missed a few wide open receivers. There were a few drops, but there were also a few inaccurate throws. 2 wasted timeouts and a delay of game penalty showed his lack of poise.

I disagree. The Vikings have a defense that likes to disguise with a lot of late movement. Goff and McVay were trying to get them to tip their hand. That's why we had a few plays where we got caught by the play clock. They shifted late, and Goff didn't like the play we were in, so he tried to change it.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't you dare defend McVay. Not once did we got for it on 4th down when we really had a chance or to at least give us a chance to extend the drive and give the defense more time to rest. He doesn't trust Goff with the game on the line, and I've been suspicious of McVay since that run call against the Cowboys that almost cost us the game.
Man you change your opinion more than I can my underwear

Goff is the greatest - no he is a bust ... yay he is a HOFer

Now you’ve been “suspicious” of a Rookie HC that’s lead us to a 7-3 start (our best record in a decade ) if we beat the Saints next week you’ll be all up McVays butt

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I disagree. The Vikings have a defense that likes to disguise with a lot of late movement. Goff and McVay were trying to get them to tip their hand. That's why we had a few plays where we got caught by the play clock. They shifted late, and Goff didn't like the play we were in, so he tried to change it.
I guess "lack of poise" is both inaccurate and harsh. I think to say he played with poise is also inaccurate, he wasn't his usual masterful self. Credit to the vikings D, coaching, and crowd.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
That is not on our QB. I promise you the vikings are legit btw. We can learn from them and this game.
The vikings are legit, anyone who thought otherwise is fooling themselves, Keenum picked us apart yesterday. To be clear I'm not putting anything on our QB, it was a team loss.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

Goff also has a passer rating that is currently 25 points above Brees' second year. I mean you like to cherry pick stats a lot, but this is some straight bullshit dude. Some 7-9 bullshit.

I'll say this.....Brees Chargers....are not as good as these Rams....His team, he had to carry..his defense was pretty bad...I'd say awful.....They started by winning the first 4 games, then closed with losing the last 4. Missing the playoffs. The AFC West was particularly tough that year, no team finished with a losing record. This was the year the Raiders went to and lost the SB....to a hungry Tampa team with their former coach...think, tuck rule season.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sdg/2002.htm
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2002/
These Rams, are helping Goff...We needed a better performance from the QB yesterday. He played ok. Nothing special.

Is he our biggest concern, I'd say no. The physically weak o-line and lack of a running game is one....And the defenses inability to stop the run is 1B.

But

His position is such, that if he were an elite talent, we could still win a playoff game with this same team.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So there are two possibilities - @LACHAMP46 doesn't actually watch the games, or he is an instigator who likes to push buttons with comical takes.
Trust me....I watch the games...but like any natural event, two people can watch something, and see entirely different things.

I'm curious, what did people see after the first TD? Only Kupp's fumble it seems. Our rookie had the huge fumble, and a big drop...and it looks like a bunch want to blame the game on him. I say it contributed to the loss. He's a rook....Drops happen....some genius on this site constantly says this...Fumbles can't happen....Turnovers lose games.

So, besides Kupp, what did our generational QB do to lift the team to victory? I'm interested in hearing/reading what the hell you saw badnews? :sneaky:

Oh yeah, we'll play NO....at home...next....curious to see what you believe will be the keys to victory, since you're such the "expert"....and obviously possess a far superior intellect than the average fan.:cool:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll say this.....Brees Chargers....are not as good as these Rams....His team, he had to carry..his defense was pretty bad...I'd say awful...
Dont know about that. He had Ladianan Tomlinson in the backfield, TGIII is great but I'd tap the brakes on that conversation

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What the heck?

Play is all that matters. If looks mattered, Zeke Elliot wouldn't be allowed in a stadium...
You;ve been looking at the bad Zeke pictures they put out regarding his suspension....You know, they have him pouting/frowning....then, when he plays and scores, they show the smiling pictures...TV is crazy like that.

In the sciences...there is a saying, "structure = function". The way a thing is shaped, is how it should perform. It's a typical comment when describing body parts in anatomy physiology...look at your hand...the fingers....your thumb is meant....built to grasp...strongly....not your pinkie finger....Get it?
Guys with big thick lower bodies are usually more powerful than tall, skinny lower bodies....thick necks can take more impacts....
Some teams pass the eye test.....Look at college football in the SEC.....something about the majority of the linemen down there....they look like NFL linemen....
Sure, some teams don't play well....of course more goes into performance than the "tools" you're born with..and developed with hard work and conditioning.

There is a reason we don't run the ball well vs certain teams....and why we don't stop the run well verse anyone. And part of it is the physical composition of our line players...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
but he could not carry his team when they needed it.... like 9 times 3 years in a row.. LOL!!
Because....he can only lift a poor team so much....

Again, love it how you are trying to hold a 23 year old QB, making his 17th start, to the standard of a veteran HOF QB.... you are laughable.

Someone in here continue to bring up the comparison game...18 games into his career...they always go back to....Brees was this as a rookie....Peyton was that as a rookie.....acting like it's not 2017.....Dak went to the playoffs....Wentz is in MVP convo's in his 2nd year. Cam threw for 4000 yards as a rookie...RGIII went to the playoffs as a rookie....It's a different time. Rookie QB's/Inexperienced QB's can win....Tom Brady beat us in a superbowl in his 10th game or so....that was over 15 years ago...

I don't mind tho...cause I saw Brees as a rookie....Saw him at Purdue....phenomenal player....Never once has anyone compared Goff to his play....Even at Cal...it was, his system....Never heard them say that of Brees at Purdue. Brees, Peyton, even Troy Aikman....you saw flashes....had to look hard at Troy...he was truly terrible on the Cowboys. Saw Troy at UCLA too...Every one of these former rookies....I saw flashes in the pros....and I saw the same flashes in college...In college, you saw it when their over matched team won a game they shouldn't have won.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So wait...Drew Brees doesn’t play much in his first season(like Goff), then in his second season, only went 8-8 with 17 touchdowns and he’s a “tractor” his whole career? What kind of logic is that?
Because the San Diego Chargers were terriblle....5-11 the season before with Doug Flutie at QB
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sdg/2001.htm
Aging stars...probably quit on their coach...they lost their last 9 games after starting 5-2....and then, with Brees 8-8 the next year.

Season before that? 2000....they were 1-15....

Different circumstances....different weights to pull...Chargers were a mess. Still are.

There is not one GM or coach that would take Quick over Kupp.... not a one.
Nate Pederman started at QB yesterday....So did Blaine Gabbert....So did Jay Cutler...

and Colin Kaepernick is at home too....

NFL GM's aint brain surgeons...not mathematicians....just men..in power...don't mean they know a damn thing about the game...or how to win.

Last edited: