Goff observation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm going to assume, because I said these are good players, that's the reason they're in the "Goff observations" post....

I'll stand by what I said...they are good players. I've said Goff is good....so many times that I'm sick of it really.

I'll say again, you need more than "good" to win in todays playoffs....

Biased reasons? 0-7 with the worst coaching staff didn't form my opinion....

nope, it was Stanford, Oregon, UCLA, USC....and

NO WINS......kinda like now...can't beat a good team....trailer....

If the defense scores next week...it'll probably be our best chance to beat NO....

If you like baby Alex Smith...Baby Andy Dalton....baby Matt Ryan....fine....when we beat a playoff team....or even a good team on the road....I hope you care enough to tell me, Champ u was wrong....
Dallas ... we beat them them on the road

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Not really....no.

What perspective are you referring to?

For the last 5 years....Jeff Fisher built a very formidable looking team....performance on the field didn't match what I did see in person.

I'd say 25-28 teams in the NFL are close....it only takes a player or 2 to change ones fortunes....Maybe only a coach for some of these teams.

Okay, seriously, if you thought Fisher built a formidable looking team... holy crap... that's maybe the worst thing I've heard today.

He had an inconsistent, but pretty good D along with a HISTORICALLY bad offense that got progressively worse once Schotty left.

And honestly, one cannot take any pride in evaluation, speak of the Fisher Rams in ANY kind of glowing terms and expect to be taken seriously.

Even the last year when they were 3-1, people were already realizing we'd be lucky to win another game and guess what? We got ONE more game.

You're gonna need a LOT more than trying to retcon the Fisher era. There aren't glasses rose-colored enough to make that time "formidable".

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
What did next week's "tractor" do over the last 3 years if he is a "tractor"

He did not win crap for quite a while... not even a winning record in 3 years... I just love selective criticism.

Not to mention a great veteran QB unable to break .500 for 3 years is fine, but rip the kid who in his 2nd season, 1st with a new offensive staff, and he is 7-3.

Funny how the agenda drivers leap on a loss, especially in this screnario.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
What did next week's "tractor" do over the last 3 years if he is a "tractor"

He did not win crap for quite a while... not even a winning record in 3 years... I just love selective criticism.

he drove them to some 7-9 BS, that's what he did!

hehehehe

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I liked TJ Clemmings until I saw him in senior bowl practices...

Cade McNown is still probably a good player...Coaching matters...as well as motivation. Dudes in Chicago messed him up.

Well on this topic we are in complete agreement

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Did an excellent job making opportunistic reads, taking advantage of the throws when there was an opening. Solid Goffservation (sorry, not sorry, I couldn't help myself)

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Can't win the big one...still....

I heard a great saying....

you're either the Tractor or the trailer as a QB

and he's a trailer....can't pull this team nowhere....

Next week we'll see a tractor facing us.

ROFL. Drew Brees was not even remotely close to being a "tractor" in year two of his career. What a terrible metaphor.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Never understood the mentality of the "fan" that trolls his own teams message board to the point that it appears that he enjoys it when they lose.

I mean it's one thing if the team is awful and a mess and you are bringing up legitimate issues, but to drive a narrative to support past stances is kind of childish.

I am not saying be a cheerleader either, but to make statements without any legitimate context in relation to the opponent, the circumstances, and to use selective criticism for one player, but not others is just stupid.

And sure there were issues today... a number of small things that contributed to the loss. Things that young teams do and teams that still have some holes. We know it is not a complete team and it is year one of a new regime, but you want to leap on one player for an obvious reason and not look at the big picture.

For instance secondary depth was exposed today, but many teams can't afford to lose two CBs in a game. So sure that is one area that will need to be addressed in year two.

Anyway, can't see how anyone can look at this game and point a finger at the 2nd year QB especially with the pressure that was in his face all day.

Agendas are a curious thing.... fans just can't let them go even if it means enjoying your team's failures.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Which is why Kupp is leading all rookies in receiving and Quick's not even dressing for Washington?

You are assuming playing time, targets, and stats of receivers are equivalent to talent....We all know that is not the case. It's about opportunity.

Is GRob even in the league?
Ask yourself....after viewing Dallas starter at Left tackle last week....hell, looking at our RT today....Gurley gettin 45 yards on the ground, should he be?
What you're saying is that by GRob not even being in the league, ankle or no, is that every single Pro Personnel evaluator has it wrong?
.CJ Bethard have started at QB this year....Blake Bortles and Blaine Gabbert and Nate Pederman started today. Talent evaluators have been wrong b4...it's an inexact science.
Cuz a legit LT with an ankle is DEFINITELY worth stashing for a team that wants to make a playoff run.
You got jokes too....in times like this humor is enjoyable. LOL
We've all been wrong on guys. I was sure Gerald McCoy had bust written all over him. I was totally wrong about him.

So, yes, Kupp is ALREADY better than Quick has ever been, even without the SPARQ numbers.

SPARQ isn't everything.
Still joking huh? Sparq just shows potentially what a guy with these numbers have done at a position with similar measurables. Why not get what has worked and does work at the league level? Instead of trying to be the "smartest" scout in the room...I'm gonna make this guy do, what virtually no one with similar numbers has done? You wanna make the slow guy a possession receiver, fine. Better be sure he can catch in the clutch....Like some claim he can....he's a good player....definitely shouldn't be targeted over what we have. He's proven to be somewhat unreliable. Specifically in the clutch.

Nope....not as good a Quick....not yet...may get there...hope he does this season....I'd rather try Pharoh Cooper....or really, Mike Thomas.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Can't win the big one...still....

I heard a great saying....

you're either the Tractor or the trailer as a QB

and he's a trailer....can't pull this team nowhere....

Next week we'll see a tractor facing us.

Guessing that @LAChamp believed in Goff for a moment and the reverse happened; keep the doom and gloom mentality so the Rams will win next week!

Ram65

Legend
Watched every snap. Saw a QB with poise, patience and a hell of an accurate and live arm. I watched him scan the field and throw the ball where only his WRs had a chance. Higher didn't play well. Kupp had a back breaking drop.

It happens. NONE of that is on our young QB. He looked in complete control of that offense. Vikes fans sitting around me saw it too. Heard it more than once.

McVay needs to eat this one. That was a badly called game on offense. No Tavon at all that I saw. Oh well. Learn from it and move in.

Have you seen this team in person yet? Just curious, because it does lend a different perspective. That was my first time seeing them. I like what I saw, but I see a young team that needs to grow up fast. This league won't wait for them. They are close though....

Can't tell what Jared was looking at on TV. I know he was getting pressure. He escaped many times. Some missed catches did hurt too.

What didn't you like about the game calling by McVay?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
ROFL. Drew Brees was not even remotely close to being a "tractor" in year two of his career. What a terrible metaphor.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BreeDr00.htm

First year he really didn't play
2nd year he played....and went 8-8, 17 tds.....not bad at all
3rd year fell back....
Again, if you saw Brees play....he had some fantastic moments....incredible talent...moves fantastic in the pocket. Really a good athlete....Still is...Workout warrior. Not sure what you're talkin about...
Never understood the mentality of the "fan" that trolls his own teams message board to the point that it appears that he enjoys it when they lose.
This troll saying cracks me up...guy makes a post....I comment.....these are MY observations...you don't like em...don't read em...you disagree, state why....
Agendas are a curious thing.... fans just can't let them go even if it means enjoying your team's failures.
enjoyin my teams failures....

If we did select the wrong QB....should we get another, or just enjoy losing....maybe for 14 more years...cause some find it to "painful" to admit a mistake and get another...

Only replied to you...cause your comment NEVER discussed WHAT did YOU observe philly? Oh, do you have an opinion of your own? Or you just borrow old school, jerry's and macs?

I never understood guys that can't follow the topic of discussion....must be a millennial thing. Not saying you're young...but not on topic...

Scirca

Rookie
All week I'm going to hear "Goff can't win the big game, he can't lead his team from behind". The kind of stuff @LACHAMP46 is known for around here. Nobody is going to mention just how trash McVay's playcalling and Phillips defense was today. I've never been more embarrassed rooting for this team than I was today. Our pass rush was just embarrassing, for the love of god, we made Keenum look like Houdini in the pocket, and whenever they needed to convert a 3rd down, Adam Thelein was open.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Okay, seriously, if you thought Fisher built a formidable looking team... holy crap... that's maybe the worst thing I've heard today.

He had an inconsistent, but pretty good D along with a HISTORICALLY bad offense that got progressively worse once Schotty left.

And honestly, one cannot take any pride in evaluation, speak of the Fisher Rams in ANY kind of glowing terms and expect to be taken seriously.
Physically, Fisher teams were impressive...formidable looking. Stepping off the bus, those guys looked good. Offensively and defensively.

Play....not so much.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Nope....not as good a Quick....not yet...may get there...hope he does this season....I'd rather try Pharoh Cooper....or really, Mike Thomas.

Wow, this and the Greg Robinson love
... perfect example how people get backed into the corner over their agendas and past comments with their inability to say they were wrong.

There is not one GM or coach that would take Quick over Kupp.... not a one.

I really think we need to institute drug testing to post on this board... maybe send out a test kit in the mail or something...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Nobody is going to mention just how trash McVay's playcalling and Phillips defense was today.
man...7 - 7 game in the 4th quarter...thats for Phillips...

Play calls....last few weeks I heard about callin his OWN plays at the line....I know McVay gives him plays he likes and is comfortable with....

I'm not sure who decides Watkins only needs one target...oops forgot the bomb up the sideline, WAY out of bounds....2 targets, one being the first play of game...but hey....IDK

Coaches didn't lose this game....players did.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
@LACHAMP46

Sorry, brother, I couldn't disagree with you more about GRob if you thought he looked stunning in a dress.

Take THAT image!!! LOL

If ANY of the many talent evaluators in this league thought GRob had ANYTHING, they'd be on him because as Dallas found out, not having a legit LT can ruin your season.

Heck, we found out that having one can make your season.