Goff observation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Because the San Diego Chargers were terriblle....5-11 the season before with Doug Flutie at QB
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sdg/2001.htm
Aging stars...probably quit on their coach...they lost their last 9 games after starting 5-2....and then, with Brees 8-8 the next year.

Season before that? 2000....they were 1-15....

Different circumstances....different weights to pull...Chargers were a mess. Still are.
Champ. Dude. You just described the 2016 Rams. 4-12 last year? Remember? Our veteran defense quit on the team. Case Keenum= lesser Doug Flutie. This is why people think you have an agenda. You make excuses for certain players to fit it.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
This is stupid.

Why are people even debating with Champ??? He isn't watching the games. Cant be. You can't be as consistently wrong about our players, or as blind to how bad others have been, and actually watch the games.
A primate brain and a pair of eyeballs are all anyone needs to see that Goff is for real. Or that Brian Quick was not... or Robinson...

So there are two possibilities - @LACHAMP46 doesn't actually watch the games, or he is an instigator who likes to push buttons with comical takes.
Either way, I like the guy and he makes this board more interesting... but its dumb to debate Rams football with him because it is a waste of time.

Goff is super impressive in his second season, 17th game. He has all the things necessary to be a great pocket passer. Goff is obviously for real. I know it, you know it McVay knows it, the opponents know it and if LACHAMP46 is the only one who doesn't? Fine.
Yes, this!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Champ. Dude. You just described the 2016 Rams. 4-12 last year? Remember? Our veteran defense quit on the team. Case Keenum= lesser Doug Flutie.

I saw that our records appeared similar....one thing that was different....as season before that, they were 1 and 15.....our season before we were 7&9....or 7-8-1.....not sure....

My point is.....we weren't as bad as our record last year....our offense was terrible...historically bad....yet our defense has been strong for several years....

You wanna say we're bad like the Chargers (2001-2003)...of course it's your right....I'd disagree....Our team had talent last year....young talent....We had talent in 2012, 2013, and 2014.....we were poorly coached.

You think Brees and Goff are similar....that's cool too...great thing about the game...Time will tell the tale.

Ants

Starter
What I learned from this thread:
Eli Manning is a tractor. :unsure:
Case Keenum is a trailer. :confused:
Aaron Rogers and Andrew Luck are road kill. :banghead:

:redcard: Terrible analogy.
What I do know is that good players make other good players look better...and bad players can make a good teammate look pretty bad. This can get really complex when you have to figure that each individual teammate affects the way each teammate plays.
What is obvious: Goff is a pretty good young QB.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@Ants

I borrowed that analogy from a announcer.....

Bucky Brooks....

and I think it fits

Brees is a tractor....Wentz is a tractor

Dak is a trailer.....and so is someone else...

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
@Ants

I borrowed that analogy from a announcer.....

Bucky Brooks....

and I think it fits

Brees is a tractor....Wentz is a tractor

Dak is a trailer.....and so is someone else...

Kenworth is a tractor, Heil is a trailer. I kind of get your analogy but no.

Brees, and Wentz are Komatsu, and Goff is a Caterpillar.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All this talk about Tractor trailers has me thinking:
Rollin down to Dallas,
My wheels provide my palace
Off to New Orleans or who knows where
Places new and ladies too...

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BreeDr00.htm

This troll saying cracks me up...guy makes a post....I comment.....these are MY observations...you don't like em...don't read em...you disagree, state why....

enjoyin my teams failures....

If we did select the wrong QB....should we get another, or just enjoy losing....maybe for 14 more years...cause some find it to "painful" to admit a mistake and get another...

For the most part I do not read your post. As far as stating points when someone disagrees with you is a moot point, you will never change your point of view. You do not like Goff and think they made a bad choice, I do not think you will ever change your mind on that.

Is he the right QB, I do not know and neither do you. If you did you would not be on this forum, you would be making millions advising teams on who they should be picking.

But I will support and root for him to be succeed because he plays for the RAMS. Just like I rooted for GR (when he was drafted I was hoping for Matthews by the way) and Quick and Britt. Once they put on the Horns I want them to be the best because it helps the team if they are. "We not me"

I do not know you and you may be a great guy and someone this world needs more of or you might be the dick you come across as on here a lot. Either way I will continue to just move past your post, to bad because I bet sometimes you may have a good point.

I will not waste my time in a back in forth with you and wish others would not respond to your post when you are doom and gloom.

GO RAMS

Psycho_X

Legend
After reading the first and last page of this thread I'll just skip the middle. My personal opinion is Goff played a really good game. Not a great game but a really good one. He didn't turn the ball over, he made plays when needed and players let him down, and he kept his cool against a defense that came at him the entire game and often made it. I'd call it an amazing game when looking at his age.

My wife commented about half way through "When's the last time we had a QB that can seemingly feel the pressure without looking at it like he does?" I couldn't answer her, not sure we've had one necessarily. What I loved about Goff over Wentz was his sixth sense he displayed at Cal. He was always running for his life and he always took off running at the last second and usually escaped to make a throw. He has flashed that a lot this season and yesterday was no different. Love watching him grow. Now if we can just get him a really good TE to trust.

ausmurp

Starter
Can't win the big one...still....

I heard a great saying....

you're either the Tractor or the trailer as a QB

and he's a trailer....can't pull this team nowhere....

Next week we'll see a tractor facing us.

He beat Seattle. You can't count that Kupp drop on Goff...he beat Seattle but our team did not. That was a big one.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
? I'm interested in hearing/reading what the hell you saw badnews? :sneaky:

Oh yeah, we'll play NO....at home...next....curious to see what you believe will be the keys to victory, since you're such the "expert"....and obviously possess a far superior intellect than the average fan.:cool:

Haha did I call myself an "expert"?
Does not sound like me...

You want "my breakdown" of the all 22 as if I am one of those contributors? Not my bag dude. I give my opinions though.
I saw Goff look extremely composed for a QB with his experience. I saw a Rams team that beat itself. I saw a Vikings team that took control and beat down our team. I saw an offensive gameplan that wasn't good enough.
My prediction for the game was that we would win 22-17, but that Minnesota would make it extremely difficult. That isnt what happened, but it certainly could have been, huh?
I saw Jared Goff look like a tough and composed QB in an extremely tough environment and watched him display everything necessary to win that game in terms of physical ability and a winners mentality.

Hope that clears everything up.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Goff composed?? Are you kidding? He was running around before every snap after the first drive, barely getting the snap off in time trying to get everyone on the same page. The whole offense was out of synch. No huddle was completely undoable because of the crowd noise.Timeouts, delay of game penalties and false starts.

Goff had a hard time communicating with his offense because of the crowd.
Far from composed.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No way Cooper Kupp is better than Quick...NO WAY....he's not.
I just lost a lot of respect for you.

If you truly believe this, there really isn't anything to say... feel free to remain silent.

Wow... just wow.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Timeouts, delay of game penalties and false starts.

One maybe 2 timeouts, one delay that I can remember and don't remember any false starts but maybe one. Point is there was not enough of these that it stood out to me.

I thought Goff handled himself pretty well considering. Could he have been better, sure but so could have dozen or more.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

If you truly believe this, there really isn't anything to say... feel free to remain silent.

Wow... just wow.

He is another Skip Bayless, who like LaChamp, keeps pushing an agenda regardless of how stupid he sounds.

Bayless still arguing Prescott is better than Wentz and that the Cowboys are better than the Eagles if they had Sean Lee and Zeke. It's just stupid is as stupid does all day long.

Ants

Starter

Wow... just wow.

hmmmm...to keep the theme going - seems LACHAMP46 is making himself out to be a trailer, of sorts. :rolllaugh:

C'mon, that was funny right there. :grouphug: