Goff and Wentz thread v1.35

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly, I think we all knew there would be games like this. Goff is going to be a work in progress for a while. I never expected a breakout this soon. For now, I'm more concerned with the defense. If Donald continues his holdout into the season we're going to be very thin on the line. We saw what the backups looked like last night. I felt early on if we were going to compete in the west it would be on the backs of the defense. Right now there are concerns there.

I am not concerned about the defense much at all. As I said before the game that Rivers and Gordon would have big games because they were playing against 2nd stringers mostly, WITH a game plan. What is worse, is that these back ups normally would be inserted individually, where other normal starters could make up for some deficiencies if necessary (not always, but sometimes). When they are all back ups with no push up front and giving a borderline HOFer no pressure, they would get shredded. This multiplied the effects of Goff turnovers horrifically (not the fumble of course, but after the INT). Our defense will help Goff, I just hope he can help them...

fearsomefour

Legend
I hope you're wrong but who knows . His confidence took a big hit tonight.
No way of knowing where his confidence is.
His bad throws would come from technique issues usually. His pocket awareness is better than last year....but it was totally lacking last year, created a lot of sacks.
Technique can be corrected but that's an ongoing process. Playing an instrument, running, shooting a basketball, hitting a heavy bag....the proper technique for anything takes years and years to master. One thing to do it in practice very difficult to not revert back to bad habits in a game with pressure and having to move around.
So it goes.
He will make bad throws from time to time and all the rest.
But, if his confidence was going to take some major hit because of Saturday then he wouldn't have a chance anyway.

Ramzheart

Rookie
The big miss was Woods at the 3 as he looked right past him as he was committed to Higbee. They will review that in film study and hopefully those plays will be eliminated. I agree that Mannion has played his way into the conversation should Goff stumble out of the gate. I hope Goff is the long term answer and McVay will figure that out quickly with Cousins looming.[/QUOTE
So we're going to start rumbling for Mannion if he starts stumbling? That's going to give him confidence! What happened to he's basically a rookie and we have to be patient? Sounds like the same short sightedness the media is spouting out! Well we backed him one week anyway!
What is the plan if Mannion fails? See saw back and fourth? Sounds logical to me!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I live in South Florida and not only watched the Eagle Dolphin game Thursday night but listened to the buzz all week about how great Wentz looked during the joint practices.
The word was the ball never hit the ground and then he looked very good in the game.

Then I watch tonight and can't help but wonder what could have been. This is on Fisher to me and now it's up to McVay to make Goff better. Don't want to hear about his age or the line, the bottom line was Wentz looked better in every aspect leading up to the draft and Fisher blew it big time.

Here's hoping that McVay can work wonders and this isn't another long season.
I wanted the Rams to Take Wentz in the Draft. But I'm on board the Goff Band Wagon now, and I think he'll develop just fine under McVays guidance!(y)

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The NFL billed this as the dress rehearsal for the season, or the most like a regular season game...that's is why I am taking it more seriously. I didn't necessarily need to see our QB throw for 250 yards and two 2 TDs, I just wanted to see smart decisions. If you feel that what you saw Goff do was smart, then we'll have to differ on this...

I want the kid to succeed...just sayin'
So you always buy into what the media tells you?

Zero

Pro Bowler
Alright. I'll just lay it out there. If this is going to be your MO on the majority of your posts then just move on now. It was old last year and it's already old this year.

Well there goes my game of respond to a moronic post with a equally or more moronic response'.:dizzy:
I was looking forward to the challenge this season.
Must say I have admired your patience on the matter.lol:cheers:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Someone pizz in your Wheaties this morning? No one likes a smart @ss.
Was just a simple question that you have appearently read out of context. There was no hate malice or even smartassness involved. Maybe it wasn't my Wheaties that were pizzed in?

Ram65

Legend
Differing opinions on this play. Goff was sliding slightly to his left and getting ready to throw when Bosa stripped the ball. I think he sensed something. How could he know Bosa had a straight line to him? Bosa went right at the ball. Just about impossible if not impossible to hold on to that one.

View: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000835032/Can-t-Miss-Play-Bosa-strips-sacks-Goff-Ingram-takes-it-TO-THE-HOUSE

The wobble pass is all on Goff of course. The first play changes the game dramatically. McVay chose not to let Goff throw his way back into the game. Smart move with the 2's in protection. Have to have some concerns for Goff and the right side of the offensive line.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was just a simple question that you have appearently read out of context. There was no hate malice or even smartassness involved. Maybe it wasn't my Wheaties that were pizzed in?
Please don't act stupid, because I am not. We both know what you meant.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Please don't act stupid, because I am not. We both know what you meant.
Ok well appearently you have a predetermined idea that you are being attacked and have a very thin skin today so I will choose to walk away and not have this petty idea of an argument you seem to want to have. Have a awesome day.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok well appearently you have a predetermined idea that you are being attacked and have a very thin skin today so I will choose to walk away and not have this petty idea of an argument you seem to want to have. Have a awesome day.

Man, you can't even walk away without diggs at someone who called you out inre your implications of my supposed naivete. Why? Because I believed that the normal 3rd game dress rehearsal wasn't what it was supposed to be? Hell, I heard our 1's were supposed to play into the 3rd quarter. So yeah, you pizzed me off when your comments were not needed or appreciated. Have a wonderful day.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Younger, older, bigger hands, smaller hands, what they did in college, etc we've heard all of that many times already including this: we won't know until a few more years which of these 2 QBs if any will be a franchise. One may not look good early, then either a light comes on or a teammate or new offense is added, or one may look good early, then a teammate is gone, offense changes and other factors so the only real answer is time. I would like to think by now that most know none of these guys are proven yet but I still see too many are rushing to early judgements. And "He's only 22" has been beaten to death, the horse is now a stain.