Goff and Wentz thread v1.35

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramon Ram

Starter
I live in South Florida and not only watched the Eagle Dolphin game Thursday night but listened to the buzz all week about how great Wentz looked during the joint practices.
The word was the ball never hit the ground and then he looked very good in the game.

Then I watch tonight and can't help but wonder what could have been. This is on Fisher to me and now it's up to McVay to make Goff better. Don't want to hear about his age or the line, the bottom line was Wentz looked better in every aspect leading up to the draft and Fisher blew it big time.

Here's hoping that McVay can work wonders and this isn't another long season.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It depends who you ask, many thought/think Goff will be the better QB. Once McVay and Goff win a SB everyone will forget about Wentz

KOWALSKI

Rookie
they wil sign cousins next year and goff will be just another forgotten fisher bust.

MachS

Hall of Fame
It depends who you ask, many thought/think Goff will be the better QB. Once McVay and Goff win a SB everyone will forget about Wentz

I'm a Goff fan, but tonight highlights the inconsistencies we're going to see this year. Mentally I'm not sold on how he responds to adversity, but time will tell.

I'm pretty sure there aren't many that think Goff will still be better. Hope is one thing..

FRO

Legend
I don't like how they seem to be handling Goff with kid gloves. I saw some improvement from him tonight, but I think they are playing it too conservative with him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
they wil sign cousins next year and goff will be just another forgotten fisher bust.
Alright. I'll just lay it out there. If this is going to be your MO on the majority of your posts then just move on now. It was old last year and it's already old this year.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I don't think you can blame Goff for the fumble, imo. The INT, yeah, who knows on that one.
I still wanna see him with ALL of the #1's for an entire game before I judge him to harshly.

FRO

Legend
I'm a Goff fan, but tonight highlights the inconsistencies we're going to see this year. Mentally I'm not sold on how he responds to adversity but time will tell.

I'm pretty sure there aren't many that think Goff will still be better. Hope is one thing..
There is so much about Goff's game I like. Like you've said he is very inconsistent. He would have been a guy who probably would have benefitted from Aaron Rodgers trajectory to start his career.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If only this was the first. We need to learn to move on from draft choice hindsight. We all weighed in plenty but Goff was the pick - he is your QB

MachS

Hall of Fame
There is so much about Goff's game I like. Like you've said he is very inconsistent. He would have been a guy who probably would have benefitted from Aaron Rodgers trajectory to start his career.

I'm with you FRO only in a perfect world though right. I mean look at the first drive vs the next two tonight. First drive...delivers a few beautiful balls. Avoids pressure on one play, uses his feet in the pocket perfectly to escape the rush and makes a big play. But after ONE bad play, and granted Bosa is an absolute monster, I see him seize up a little like last year. Almost some sort of PTSD, deer in the headlights look that Fisher brought on him. I hate to say it but honestly that's what I saw. Next drive he misses a wide open Sammy..and not just misses him throws an absolute dying duck that gets picked. Maybe it slipped...maybe he just shanked the throw.

I think this up and down roller coaster is what we should expect until he can develop more consistency. I'm sure that will come as he matures and spends more time in this offense/with the receivers, but he's going to make bad plays this year. I just want to see him respond and not crumble after them.

FRO

Legend
I'm with you FRO only in a perfect world though right. I mean look at the first drive vs the next two tonight. First drive...delivers a few beautiful balls. Avoids pressure on one play, uses his feet in the pocket perfectly to escape the rush and makes a big play. But after ONE bad play, and granted Bosa is an absolute monster, I see him seize up a little like last year. Almost some sort of PTSD, deer in the headlights look that Fisher brought on him. I hate to say it but honestly that's what I saw. Next drive he misses a wide open Sammy..and not just misses him throws an absolute dying duck that gets picked. Maybe it slipped...maybe he just shanked the throw.

I think this up and down roller coaster is what we should expect until he can develop more consistency. I'm sure that will come as he matures and spends more time in this offense/with the receivers, but he's going to make bad plays this year. I just want to see him respond and not crumble after them.
I see the same exact thing. He just seems like once something bad happens he freezes up. He needs a short memory and to play with more confidence.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was two seconds from posting how good Goff's pocket presence was before the strip sack . I think I'll take a deep breath and wait for week one . He's the Rams future so I'm all in on the kid . Stay positive guys

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
These Wentz vs Goff threads really need to be banned by now. It's repetitive garbage that's been debated to death.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Alright. I'll just lay it out there. If this is going to be your MO on the majority of your posts then just move on now. It was old last year and it's already old this year.
I had him ignored for a long time, looks like it's time again.

FRO

Legend
I was two seconds from posting how good Goff's pocket presence was before the strip sack . I think I'll take a deep breath and wait for week one . He's the Rams future so I'm all in on the kid . Stay positive guys
It's stupid to take too much (good or bad) away from preseason football. I remember how great Kendricks looked in 2011 only for him to be a below average TE for his whole career. We'll know better week one on who Goff really is.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As far as I'm concerned this is still Goffs rookie season .... as long as the flashes of brilliance outweigh the mistakes ... I'll be happy ... he looked special that first drive untill Hav introduced bosa to Goff

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just like we shouldn't cream our pants when Goff has a good preseason game, we shouldn't shit them if he has an off game.
I'll let that visual marinate for a while.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Just like we shouldn't cream our pants when Goff has a good preseason game, we shouldn't crap them if he has an off game.
I'll let that visual marinate for a while.

This is the first visual I got.

TwinTwist.png