Goff and Wentz thread v1.35

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Unless he was banned and can't post, this was the last post by Kowalski on August 26th...lol
"they wil sign cousins next year and goff will be just another forgotten fisher bust."
He was booted.,this was the post that got him the door.
@RamFan503 ,Had heard enough and I don't blame him.
Though it would be nice to let him eat some crow,about now.lol

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Kowalski made his mark. He's a legend now. Any time someone says something negative now, they're going to get a "give it a rest, Kowalski" reply.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Being a Wentz homer shouldn't blind a person to the play of others outside of your team players. That's normally true for Gargano, but not in this case.

Why Wentz Over Goff - Scouts Chime In
Anthony Gargano
http://975thefanatic.com/2016/04/27/why-wentz-over-goff/

While the 2016 NFL draft quarterback class lacks quality, it does have two clear-cut first-round choices: North Dakota State's Carson Wentz and Cal's Jared Goff.

Cleveland has the second overall pick in the draft, which is why Browns coach Hue Jackson has attended the pro days of both quarterbacks. Jackson called Wentz's workout very impressive Thursday but also said, "It's good to know we have very strong options at No. 2."

While Jackson can't show his hand, several other current NFL coaches and scouts -- along with our own Ron Jaworski -- weighed in on which quarterback they would pick and why.

Why Wentz over Goff

Head coach: "Wentz, in my mind, is the best of the [quarterback] group by a large margin. His arm is just way better, much stronger."

Offensive coordinator: "[Wentz's] biggest strengths are toughness, athleticism for his size and ability to stand in there and deliver the ball down the field with pressure."

Scouts: Two scouts at Wentz's pro day marveled at his size. They acknowledged the ability of Russell Wilson but said more often than not, they'd prefer a quarterback who's physically gifted. They liked the size of Wentz and ranked his pro day near the top.

Ron Jaworski: "When you look at Carson Wentz on tape, you see a quarterback who checks all the boxes. Not just his physical attributes. Not just having the big strong arm [and] mobility. You have to be able to play the game at a high IQ, and he has that.”
************************************************************************************************************************
The Quote in red is a thought process I don't understand.
Too many times scouts,GMs' and coaches fall in love with
"Big arms".To me,there are way more important boxes to check.
If a prospect can make all the throws,than that is arm enough.
I would be more concerned with accuracy,than arm strength.
Kyle Boller had a hell of a arm,but that was about it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kowalski made his mark. He's a legend now. Any time someone says something negative now, they're going to get a "give it a rest, Kowalski" reply.
OR....
"That statement was Kowalski-esque"
"You're Going Full Kowalski, bro"
"That's something Kowalski would have said..."

lol