Former Auburn WR D’haquille Duke Williams Tryout

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
From the highlights I've seen: hell ya. We need fight and attitude. Crabtree, Marshall, Ownes, they all straighten out eventually. We could really use a guy who fights for the ball and every yard.

I'm really liking the WRs and TEs we brought in. Something to get excited about.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Give the kid a chance, I think he's been humbled. Highlights looks good, its like we have a riches at receivers now.

There really hasn't been any off the field issues with all the supposed "trouble makers" from the Rams.

nighttrain

Legend
I am sure there were a LOT of issues other than those listed too. Problem kid who Snead probably gave a shot to due to the Auburn connection.

I'll bet he's cut quickly. Dudes like that can't keep their inner @$$holishness under control for long.
going undrafted after being rated very high, just might be a growing up experience, especially when he realizes how much money this foolishness cost him
train

nighttrain

Legend
Duke has skills and he played against the best in college football the SEC. I hope he turns it around and becomes a great WR for us. He needs to grab this opportunity and not let go. Not worried about our locker room because we have strong leaders who won't put up with bs.
And this is obviously a football player, seems contact over the middle does not bother his a bit
train

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
So he's try out is today, hopefully he gets signed along with the other 19 UDFAs

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
He is legit. There are a lot of factors here. First we have a serious inside track at Auburn, Fishers son played there, and maintains ties. If the kid we a lost cause, we wouldn't be wasting our time. To all the Gus saying he's not an athlete or not skilled, with all due respect your high. Take away the off the field stuff he would have gone 2nd round. He ran a slow time after being out of football for almost a year, GUARENTEE if he had played all year he would have AT LEAST ran what Treadwell did.

It's going to depend on if they think he is remorseful and matured, and if they believe he is intelligent enough to pick up a real offense and not that Auburn run first program. Also GUARENTEED he can block.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
He is legit. There are a lot of factors here. First we have a serious inside track at Auburn, Fishers son played there, and maintains ties. If the kid we a lost cause, we wouldn't be wasting our time. To all the Gus saying he's not an athlete or not skilled, with all due respect your high. Take away the off the field stuff he would have gone 2nd round. He ran a slow time after being out of football for almost a year, GUARENTEE if he had played all year he would have AT LEAST ran what Treadwell did.

It's going to depend on if they think he is remorseful and matured, and if they believe he is intelligent enough to pick up a real offense and not that Auburn run first program. Also GUARENTEED he can block.

He ran a slow 40 after being out of football for a year but if he had played it would have been faster? What does that say about his personal work ethic? I don't know the dude, don't know his troubles, haven't watched any film. But that statement you made just screams not focused on the game or improvement.

I also may be way off on this but didn't Fishers son play at Montana where TruJ was drafted out of. . . it's Snead with the Auburn connection.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I also may be way off on this but didn't Fishers son play at Montana where TruJ was drafted out of. . . it's Snead with the Auburn connection.

Fisher has two sons, one you are correct current Ram defensive backs coach Brandon Fisher played at Montana and had a hand in the Rams drafting Trumaine Johnson, but also Trent Fisher Jeff's second son played football at Auburn and is another reason the Rams looked toward the Auburn Tigers for selection very much like Rex Ryan's son playing at Clemson and the Bills having many Clemson Tigers on their roster.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

Good points new guy. Welcome. Love the avatar.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I just feel like people here are too quick to judge someone they've never met, and are against this guy getting a TRYOUT. I don't know the guy, but I'm not going to make baseless assumptions like you're doing, I'm going to let Fisher and Snead do their job. If he's as bad as you say he is, he'll be out the door quick as can be. If he's not, then maybe we get a steal on a 2nd round talent. What's the harm in checking? There's no reason not to.
I just feel like people here are too quick to judge someone they've never met, and are against this guy getting a TRYOUT. I don't know the guy, but I'm not going to make baseless assumptions like you're doing, I'm going to let Fisher and Snead do their job. If he's as bad as you say he is, he'll be out the door quick as can be. If he's not, then maybe we get a steal on a 2nd round talent. What's the harm in checking? There's no reason not to.

Here's an easier stat, the Rams haven't won more than 7 games in 9 years.........:baghead:
I do

hotanez

NRA Member for Life

If you have a difference in opinion than some of the guys in this forum that's perfectly fine but please no personal attacks allowed. Saying people are "high" because they disagree with you is uncalled for. Although I'm high right now(y). Plus I don't think the guy got a workout anyway.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I just feel like people here are too quick to judge someone they've never met, and are against this guy getting a TRYOUT. I don't know the guy, but I'm not going to make baseless assumptions like you're doing, I'm going to let Fisher and Snead do their job. If he's as bad as you say he is, he'll be out the door quick as can be. If he's not, then maybe we get a steal on a 2nd round talent. What's the harm in checking? There's no reason not to.[/QUOTE

Baseless assumptions ? I'm not
assuming that he got suspended for a "interaction" with a coach...I'm not assuming that he got dismissed from Auburn football...

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Any word on how his try out went?