Former Auburn WR D’haquille Duke Williams Tryout

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
So he did get a workout? I'm so confused. I need to stop smoking :dizzy:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Baseless assumptions ? I'm not
assuming that he got suspended for a "interaction" with a coach...I'm not assuming that he got dismissed from Auburn football...

Baseless assumptions like saying he has anger issues and calling him greedy, yeah. We don't know him. We can't just assume. All we have is a story that we don't have the full details to.

Psycho_X

Legend
Meh, I have no need for us to sign this kid but if he's been humbled some then giving him a shot isn't something I'm going to be upset about. If he some how made it into camp and started reverting to his old self someone like Williams Hayes would put his ass back into place really fast.... In fact I'd pay good money to watch.

DickersonGurley

Naga...nagunnaposthereanymore
Name
Faulk
Baseless assumptions like saying he has anger issues and calling him greedy, yeah. We don't know him. We can't just assume. All we have is a story that we don't have the full details to.

EXACTLY BBRO. If we went by what we read Obama would have had computer chips in all of us and come out as the anti Christ. Some guys make me laugh, if you want to hold every athlete to some high moral conduct code, then there probably isn't a sports team around that you can root for. Leonard Little anyone?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
EXACTLY BBRO. If we went by what we read Obama would have had computer chips in all of us and come out as the anti Christ. Some guys make me laugh, if you want to hold every athlete to some high moral conduct code, then there probably isn't a sports team around that you can root for. Leonard Little anyone?

Except football is a team sport. Having a player that disrupts team unity, or divides the locker room is not a good thing. Team chemistry is important in all team sports. Teams with players that cause problems in that regard eventually get released or are not resigned. It is difficult to resist the lure of talent, I understand that, but sometimes the negative affects of having a player that is for the team cancels out the gains resulting from his talent.

So many people seem to think it is easy for people to change their personality in a year or two. From my own experience that kind of change takes much longer than a few years and doesn't happen all that often.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Quite frankly, not that it truly matters, but what Auburn selection or player has actually worked out for the Rams? Now I hope the lights come on for GROB this year and he becomes more consistently good as to consistently bad, but the Rams have not had a good player form Auburn since Kevin Greene IMHO.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Quite frankly, not that it truly matters, but what Auburn selection or player has actually worked out for the Rams? Now I hope the lights come on for GROB this year and he becomes more consistently good as to consistently bad, but the Rams have not had a good player form Auburn since Kevin Greene IMHO.

Rookie Tre Mason wasn't bad at all actually.
Unfortunately for him, he really caught a bad case of "Gurley envy".
Yikes indeed.

Btw-
With all this talk of second chances, are players who fuck up while already under contract with the Rams automatically excluded from that? Seems like Mason has been branded as a lost cause. He has been pretty damn stupid. Still, he is a Ram and only 1 year ago, many fans felt like we had a decent enough group of RBs with his emergence.

Sure, we have Gurley, an all-pro rookie of the year with HOF potential.
TG30 makes Mason look absolutely outclassed and easily forgettable... that said, Mason has proven that he has the ability to play in this league and be a + performer.

Personally I'd like to see him get his shit together and show up and grind and provide a quality back up to the best runner in the league.
(Also, I'm all for fun hair styles but the blonde dreds ranked 3rd on my list of "Most Embarrassing things about the Rams 2015 Season", sliding in just after #1-Foles, #2-Cignetti and narrowly beating out #4-Jared Cooks hands...

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Personally I'd like to see him get his crap together and show up and grind and provide a quality back up to the best runner in the league.
(Also, I'm all for fun hair styles but the blonde dreds ranked 3rd on my list of "Most Embarrassing things about the Rams 2015 Season", sliding in just after #1-Foles, #2-Cignetti and narrowly beating out #4-Jared Cooks hands...

IMO, Mason was smaller and slower last year and put the ball on the ground and did not pass protect well either, I'm hoping they give Malcolm Brown more of a chance because I think Brown can offer more than Mason including the off the issues as well.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
IMO, Mason was smaller and slower last year and put the ball on the ground and did not pass protect well either, I'm hoping they give Malcolm Brown more of a chance because I think Brown can offer more than Mason including the off the issues as well.

You're absolutely right, Mason was a big disappointment last year.
Usually guys come back bigger and stronger after their first nfl offseason. Mason came back weaker, slower and blonder.
Sophomore slump doesn't really cover it.
Malcolm Brown does intrigue me and I look forward to seeing him get some opportunities this preseason.
I have been a big supporter of UDFA Benny Cunningham since day one and I think he is a smart and tough quality back. He doesn't offer much as a change of pace and Gurley will surely take over BCs spot on 3rd downs this year... you know, Benny also seemed to regress a little last season as well... Does anyone remember if Mason or Cunningham were slowed by injuries early in the year?

Between Mason and Trey Watts (who looked promising before literally pissing away his NFL career) it's been a bad year for undersized Rams RBs named "Tre(y".

GOff RAMSff(y)

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have been a big supporter of UDFA Benny Cunningham since day one and I think he is a smart and tough quality back. He doesn't offer much as a change of pace and Gurley will surely take over BCs spot on 3rd downs this year... you know, Benny also seemed to regress a little last season as well... Does anyone remember if Mason or Cunningham were slowed by injuries early in the year?

Between Mason and Trey Watts (who looked promising before literally pissing away his NFL career) it's been a bad year for undersized Rams RBs named "Tre(y".

GOff RAMSff(y)

Cunningham had a great first game because he was the starter against the Seahawks, however, struggled with ball security at times too, but did a great job on kick off returns. Cunningham had no injuries and Mason did have a Quad injury to start the season, however, the only other injury he suffered was his pride as well as his performance.

As to Trey Watts not sure if Watts will even be reinstated because his suspension was indefinitely.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So many people seem to think it is easy for people to change their personality in a year or two. From my own experience that kind of change takes much longer than a few years and doesn't happen all that often.

I have zero expectations for him even if he does get a shot on the roster. Nothing in what I've read leads me to believe he'll do the work required to be a great pro even if he does have better talent than his measurables indicate. And the locker room impact is huge too. Rams don't need a selfish prick running around being a distraction.

And before someone pulls a holier than thou post to correct me in how I don't know anything about the kid, go back and read up on his history. It's a safe assumption and I am comfortable with it.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
What ever the terms , I'm sure it has a whole bunch of clauses and conditions in it