Former Auburn WR D’haquille Duke Williams Tryout

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
http://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/rumor-auburn-wr-dhaquille-duke-williams-workout-rams/

RUMOR: AUBURN WR D’HAQUILLE “DUKE” WILLIAMS HAS A WORKOUT WITH THE #RAMS
dhaquille-duke-williams-300x169.jpg

Auburn WR Duke Williams has landed a workout with the Rams

We are learning that Auburn wide receiver D’haquille Duke Williams has been invited to the Los Angeles Rams for a mini camp workout.

Williams was rated as the top wide receiver in the NFL Draft, before the season started. Williams quickly fell down the charts and his name was brutally crushed by media and critics around the NFL.

Now the man that Mel Kiper called the best wide receiver in the draft, has landed a workout with the Rams. Les Snead himself is an Auburn man, so this makes sense.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Wow, interesting. Clearly a very talented player, but to get dismissed from the team in the manner that he did... and then not go drafted at all, I would be surprised if even Fisher can straighten this guy out.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Just looked him up. NFL.com said he is a bad locker room guy. Very selfish player and played lazy at times. Not a great athlete. Big frame and good hands.

I wouldn't want him. Why disrupt the team with a malcontent?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/in...rn_receiver_dhaquille_williams_nfl_draft.html

How far has former Auburn receiver D'haquille Williams fallen on Mel Kiper Jr.'s NFL Draft board?

19550716-mmmain.jpg

Auburn wide receiver D'haquille Williams (1) runs the ball against Louisville during the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game Saturday, Sept. 5, 2015, at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Ga. (Julie Bennett/jbennett@al.com) (JULIE BENNETT)

By James Crepea | jcrepea@al.com
on January 14, 2016

At this time last year D'haquille Williams was Mel Kiper Jr.'s top-rated receiver in the 2016 NFL Draft.

After a year filled will off-the-field drama ended with Williams being dismissed from Auburn following an altercation in which he reportedly punched teammate Xavier Dampeer, the Tigers' backup center, in the early morning hours of Oct. 4, Williams is now looking at the prospect of being a late-round pick in April's draft.

"Williams went from being a guy you thought could maybe a second-rounder, maybe higher than that, to I wouldn't say fallen off the map entirely but being a guy that maybe Day Three," said Kiper Jr., ESPN's long-time draft analyst. "You get into the fourth, fifth-round area, depending upon how things go between now and late April."

NFLDraftScout.com ranks Williams as the No. 28 wide receiver and No. 204 player overall as a projected sixth-round pick in this year's draft.

Williams, who recently resurfaced in Florida, had only 12 catches for 147 yards and one touchdown in five games this season.

The former top-ranked junior college player in the country, Williams caught 45 passes for 730 yards and five touchdowns despite missing three games in 2014, including the Outback Bowl, which he was suspended for due to an undisclosed violation of team rules.

Williams' off-season was filled with drama.

In May he posted a series of tweets insinuating he was not happy and looking to leave Auburn, which prompted wide receivers coach Dameyune Craig to meet with Williams the next day and tweet a picture, which has since been deleted, with the phrase "Everything Gucci!"

Williams was suspended for six days of fall camp in early August due to a "discipline issue" involving an interaction with Craig.

"It's a shame but he wasn't able to live up to the the kind of potential he showed week to week and do the kind of job you need to maximize all that talent that he had," Kiper Jr. said. "There' no reason why if he had played all year at a high level he couldn't have been a first-round pick, but now you're thinking, like I say, maybe Day Three."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU0KCXWpvGs

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Apparently he punched out 4 guys, including an Auburn teammate, in a bar.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounds like a dbag but who knows:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/10/duke_williams_punched_4_people.html

Duke Williams punched 4 people during rampage at Auburn bar, witnesses say

D'haquille "Duke" Williams punched two security guards, a bartender assistant and another unidentified patron of a bar in Auburn following the Tigers' win over San Jose State, according to two employees who spoke exclusively to AL.com.

The employees requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the incident.

According to the employees, the incident was sparked when a member of Williams' party was kicked out of Skybar for declining to remove his sunglasses, violating the bar's dress code.

Williams, whom each employee said appeared intoxicated, verbally harassed security guards and attempted to get the friend back into the bar by using his local celebrity status, only to be thrown out himself. The bar's owners allowed Williams to return, but he later threw a drink at a female patron, according to one witness.

That witness also said Williams then threw multiple punches at security guards, who eventually forced him out the door. Once outside, Williams punched the unidentified patron, the witness said.

Records obtained by AL.com show police responded to a fight at the 100 block of West Magnolia Ave. near Skybar at 1:50 a.m. Sunday. Williams was not mentioned in the call log, and Capt. Lorenza Dorsey of the Auburn Police Department said no police report has been filed in relation to Williams.

The witnesses said the unidentified patron wanted to press charges against Williams unless he was disciplined by Auburn.

Williams was dismissed from the Auburn football team Monday.

Calls and text messages sent to Williams on Wednesday by AL.com were not returned.

"We have had no one come forward and say that Duke Williams assaulted anyone," Auburn Police Chief Paul Register said.

Auburn head football coach Gus Malzahn declined to detail the reason for Williams' dismissal, or whether another football player was involved. He did say Williams will not continue taking classes at the university.

RELATED: D'haquille Williams' Auburn career filled with highs, lows, twists and turns http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/10/dhaquille_williams_auburn_care.html

When asked if he will forbid players from patronizing local bars in the future, Malzahn said on a weekly SEC teleconference he would stick with his policy to allow players to go out.

"We had one young man that didn't represent us in the right way," Malzahn said. "We've got a bunch of guys that do it the right way."

Williams was previously suspended for the Outback Bowl in January for violating team rules and after posting and deleting a picture of himself with a black eye on Instagram. He was also absent from the first six days of fall camp while dealing with what Malzahn described as "discipline issues."

"When individuals fail to meet the expectations of our program, there has to be consequences," Malzahn said in a statement after dismissing Williams. "I gave D'haquille the chance to prove himself. I am disappointed that it did not work out."

Skybar has denied AL.com's request to view security footage from Saturday night and Sunday morning. Multiple calls to the owners have not been returned.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am sure there were a LOT of issues other than those listed too. Problem kid who Snead probably gave a shot to due to the Auburn connection.

I'll bet he's cut quickly. Dudes like that can't keep their inner @$$holishness under control for long.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Just looked him up. NFL.com said he is a bad locker room guy. Very selfish player and played lazy at times. Not a great athlete. Big frame and good hands.

I wouldn't want him. Why disrupt the team with a malcontent?

If you take a look at what he's done since then, he's acknowledged that he's had issues and that he needs to make changes. That's a lot more than you can say about some of these guys. If he really wants to make changes, I'm perfectly fine with giving him that opportunity.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
If you take a look at what he's done since then, he's acknowledged that he's had issues and that he needs to make changes. That's a lot more than you can say about some of these guys. If he really wants to make changes, I'm perfectly fine with giving him that opportunity.

Yeah, nobodies said that before.

image.jpeg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Kiper labeled Williams a potential second-round pick last year. Not the best receiver in the draft.
I didn't look at him that much, so here's my go-to on prospects, Matt Waldman:

D’haquille Williams overextends his base when he’s delivering a punch and gets shed much easier than his size would indicate. He also routinely misdiagnoses angles of his assignments. He didn’t play in an offense that challenged him to run better routes and his production was based on quick-hitting patterns. Williams is big and rather slow. He carries the ball wide from his frame in the middle of the field, disaster waiting to happen. Overextends his base when he’s delivering a punch and gets shed much easier than his size would indicate. He also routinely misdiagnoses angles of his assignments.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Has weak stats and measurables. What made this guy so special that people saw so much in him?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Yeah, nobodies said that before.

View attachment 13497

Not really the same to me. Johnny has made it clear that he doesn't see a problem with his behavior and that he's not going to change. Williams has. He's remorseful.

I don't see what harm could come from a tryout? It's not like we're signing him to a big contract or anything. Sometimes good people fuck up and make the wrong choices. I'm not condemning a guy because of something he did when he honestly wants to change.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Not really the same to me. Johnny has made it clear that he doesn't see a problem with his behavior and that he's not going to change. Williams has. He's remorseful.

I don't see what harm could come from a tryout? It's not like we're signing him to a big contract or anything. Sometimes good people freak up and make the wrong choices. I'm not condemning a guy because of something he did when he honestly wants to change.

Once or twice fine. But punching out four dudes? He clearly has anger issues. And I have a good feeling on why he may want to "change". $$$$

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Tell that to those other four guys.
Nice.

Bringing this guy into camp is a bad idea if he has a quick trigger. We're already chippy as a team, and this guy could have his short fuse lit by any number of guys on defense. And with HBO in the house too? Yeesh. Could be good TV though. I know I'll be watching.