Fisher: Sticking with Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ever just flat understand Wentz came from a pro set offense? That made a world of difference in his transition! One could look at Goff in preseason and see he wasn't ready.

Every QB you have there showed to be more ready than Goff.
Repeating the false narrative doesn't make it true though.
Goff pre-season play was spotty, as is the typical rookie QB. And again, I don't care if Goff can play better than those 3, I am certain he can play at worst as good as Case Keenum.
According to Fisher, Keenum is careful with the ball, despite 11 turnovers in 6 games and gives the better chance to win. 3 wins in 7 games.
If Goff is worse than that, then there need to be an explanation as to why we traded 6 draft picks to get him

The only person saying Keenum isn't ready, is Fisher

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
"I'll make changes at receiver before I make a change at QB".
Is he throwing WR's under the buss??
After what I saw, I think Quick cost us the game, after he, either gave-up on the route or ran the wrong route. WHAT-EVER!! I think he caused the Int!! Bench him and put SPRUCE in!
That said, I think Fisher was just making it clear, he is sticking with Case! " I wouldn't at this point in the Season!!"

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Has anybody thought that Fisher just might not want to announce two weeks in advance to Carolina that they will be facing a rookie QB in his first start? Goff may well be starting next game. If that is so, Fisher wouldn't want the Carolina D preparing for that no? Let's wait and see. It's just so painfully obvious that it is time for the change. This must be the time for it.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
Has anybody thought that Fisher just might not want to announce two weeks in advance to Carolina that they will be facing a rookie QB in his first start? Goff may well be starting next game. If that is so, Fisher wouldn't want the Carolina D preparing for that no? Let's wait and see. It's just so painfully obvious that it is time for the change. This must be the time for it.

This is what I am hoping for. It definitely is time for a change but you don't want to give Carolina all this time to prepare for Goff if that's the case. If they switch, it should be announced on game day.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I see Fisher is still throwing players under the bus.

Keenum is throwing bad passes even in the rare instances when he has protection and he throws too many Int's.
I don't think any QB is going to thrive with this horrendous OL and the bust at LT(which is now hurting this team more than anything else)

This is Fisher's 5th year. There are NO more excuses. ANY other HC would have been canned by now.

RamWoodie

Legend
Repeating the false narrative doesn't make it true though.
Goff pre-season play was spotty, as is the typical rookie QB. And again, I don't care if Goff can play better than those 3, I am certain he can play at worst as good as Case Keenum.
According to Fisher, Keenum is careful with the ball, despite 11 turnovers in 6 games and gives the better chance to win. 3 wins in 7 games.
If Goff is worse than that, then there need to be an explanation as to why we traded 6 draft picks to get him

The only person saying Keenum isn't ready, is Fisher
What "false narrative"? For the record...after preseason, I would have started Mannion over Keenum and Goff.

lockdnram21

Legend
IMG_20161024_204745.jpg

bluecoconuts

Legend
That quip about Case not needing the reps is annoying.. I really can't stress how frustrated I've become with how they're handling Goff. Case is not doing the job, and Fisher doesn't even want to entertain the idea of Goff playing. We're very quickly getting ourselves into a position to have a sub .500 record again, and if we end up with that, then what the hell was the point? The only way that Keenum playing this long ends up being worth it is if we make the playoffs.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That quip about Case not needing the reps is annoying.. I really can't stress how frustrated I've become with how they're handling Goff. Case is not doing the job, and Fisher doesn't even want to entertain the idea of Goff playing. We're very quickly getting ourselves into a position to have a sub .500 record again, and if we end up with that, then what the hell was the point? The only way that Keenum playing this long ends up being worth it is if we make the playoffs.

I actually liked hearing that. It seems like an easy way for Fisher to explain Goff getting the starting reps without committing to him yet. It gives me hope that he's just playing games like he always does before making a QB change.

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
I can just see him lying so Carolina is thrown off. I mean we have seen it before. Bradford was FORSURE gonna be our qb according to fish and then all of a sudden we have Nick foles and Bradford is an eagle. Same with hill and Davis back in the day. There's NO way fisher and Snead or any of our positional coaches can seriously think Keenum is the "best chance of winning." While everything isn't keenums fault obviously, he leaves a TON of plays on the field. Can't hurt to switch we've lost 3 in a row.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually liked hearing that. It seems like an easy way for Fisher to explain Goff getting the starting reps without committing to him yet. It gives me hope that he's just playing games like he always does before making a QB change.
And when he sticks with Keenum will make it all the more frustrating

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What "false narrative"? For the record...after preseason, I would have started Mannion over Keenum and Goff.
The false narrative that "Goff isn't ready".
That's just a term that Fisher uses to avoid the glaring issue at qb.
There's no substantiating it. His coaches allude to his progress but can't out and out defy him by saying the opposite.
Coaches (not named Fisher) and reporter that have seen practice all talk about the progress he's made and how he makes throws Keenum can't.
All of which is white noise to Fisher's "he's not ready"
It's nonsense

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I find it hard to believe that after 7 games and preseason that the Rams can't get Goff up to speed enough to run 15-20 plays.
Truth. I don't know about anyone else, but I was not impressed with Weinke as a player, and so far I do not see much out of him as a coach. I know it is early in his career, and I hope I am wrong about him, but he has to carry some of the blame here. Either that or Snisher totally whiffed on the pick. That would not be a shocker either.....

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Either that or Snisher totally whiffed on the pick. That would not be a shocker either.....
We can't say for sure the pick is a whiff yet. Remember there are two ways to justify giving up so many premium picks to move up to #1:
1. The team was so desperate for an immediate QB they had to overpay to move up; and/or
2. They scouted Goff as a great player that was worth it.

Only reason #1 is gone, but #2 is still possible. Granted the bar has been set pretty damn high now, Goff needs to basically become a future Hall of Famer to justify giving up so many picks and burning one of his 5 contract years as a redshirt. Not to mention sacrificing at least the first half of this season. But the Goff pick still has time to be justified by his own career, whether or not it's been insanity delaying the start of it.