Fisher: Sticking with Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
We can't say for sure the pick is a whiff yet. Remember there are two ways to justify giving up so many premium picks to move up to #1:
1. The team was so desperate for an immediate QB they had to overpay to move up; and/or
2. They scouted Goff as a great player that was worth it.

Only reason #1 is gone, but #2 is still possible. Granted the bar has been set pretty damn high now, Goff needs to basically become a future Hall of Famer to justify giving up so many picks and burning one of his 5 contract years as a redshirt. Not to mention sacrificing at least the first half of this season. But the Goff pick still has time to be justified by his own career, whether or not it's been insanity delaying the start of it.
I totally agree, I was just just throwing out hypotheticals really. For all we know, Goff will be an amazing QB for the next 15 years and this will all be just a footnote in his HoF induction speech in 2035.....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I totally agree, I was just just throwing out hypotheticals really. For all we know, Goff will be an amazing QB for the next 15 years and this will all be just a footnote in his HoF induction speech in 2035.....
I get all that. But unfortunately, he wont be that QB BECAUSE he rode the pine this season
Furthermore, we sure could use some of THAT QB play THIS season.

RamWoodie

Legend
The false narrative that "Goff isn't ready".
That's just a term that Fisher uses to avoid the glaring issue at qb.
There's no substantiating it. His coaches allude to his progress but can't out and out defy him by saying the opposite.
Coaches (not named Fisher) and reporter that have seen practice all talk about the progress he's made and how he makes throws Keenum can't.
All of which is white noise to Fisher's "he's not ready"
It's nonsense
Then I don't think you really look at it factually. Goff is not ready...but do you really expect Fisher to come to the mic and spill the beans about it so then the league knows? He's speaking generically about it and it would be nice to know but it's just not what you say out loud.

You think Goff looked "spotty" in his play...I thought he looked lost to an extent, but I saw enough to know he's talented.

Meantime...you say a lot without facts...it's just what you think. Not that I'm so much for sticking with Keenum either...I'd rather see Mannion get a shot!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because Jason Cole or some other media idiot claims it is with no facts to back it up!
I've seen reports that say he is playing great.
The only way to prove that it's a "fact" that he isn't ready is by seeing him play. Other than that, its merely an opinion. And to my knowledge is only held by Fisher, who incidentally thinks Keenum is playing well.
This despite the team and the QB play being worse than Nick Foles and the offense this time last year..,

fearsomefour

Legend
The "fact" that he is not ready is evidenced by the fact that he is not playing.
None of us knows how he is or is not progressing. Anyone who watched him in any of preseason games (think the Minnesota game, last preseason game of the year) and thought he was dialed in is nuts. The first drive vs a base Vikings D looked great....scripted plays I am sure. Then after that, keystone cop.
I am not doubting Goff will get there but, sadly, the only source there is to go by are the coaches that see him everyday. Until then the last time we saw Goff play he was in over his head.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've seen reports that say he is playing great.
The only way to prove that it's a "fact" that he isn't ready is by seeing him play. Other than that, its merely an opinion. And to my knowledge is only held by Fisher, who incidentally thinks Keenum is playing well.
This despite the team and the QB play being worse than Nick Foles and the offense this time last year..,
I agree with you, my response was part sarcasm part the truth. Unless it comes from a coach or Fishers mouth I don't put any weight into what we see reported coming out of practices. And even then you have to be wary. One thing that I have seen that makes me doubt Cole even more than my built in resistance to him was Weinke a couple weeks ago said "he's no longer asking rookie questions". That tells me all I need to hear, put in Goff now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Weinke a couple weeks ago said "he's no longer asking rookie questions". That tells me all I need to hear, put in Goff now.
What if Goff simply stopped asking where the sun rises or sets?

I keed, I keed.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with you, my response was part sarcasm part the truth. Unless it comes from a coach or Fishers mouth I don't put any weight into what we see reported coming out of practices. And even then you have to be wary. One thing that I have seen that makes me doubt Cole even more than my built in resistance to him was Weinke a couple weeks ago said "he's no longer asking rookie questions". That tells me all I need to hear, put in Goff now.
I hear you, we are on same page. There have been plenty of reports praising Goff's work.
Cole's article yesterday reeks of Fisher doing damage control for alleging confidence in Keenum

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
OldSchool said:
Weinke a couple weeks ago said "he's no longer asking rookie questions". That tells me all I need to hear, put in Goff now.

That could be taken two ways. Maybe Goff has stopped asking questions because he is totally lost?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That could be taken two ways. Maybe Goff has stopped asking questions because he is totally lost?
Not really because then he doesn't praise him he expresses frustration because he no longer has question.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The "fact" that he is not ready is evidenced by the fact that he is not playing.
Not true, that merely supports Fisher's stance only.
Nobody is debating that Fisher claims he isn't ready, that's indisputable
The problem is that Keenum clearly isn't "ready" either seeing he's arguably amongst the worst starting QB in theleague

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
At some point fisher has to decide what is best overall for the team. going 7 and 9 with keenum or going 7 and 9 with Goff.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not true, that merely supports Fisher's stance only.
Nobody is debating that Fisher claims he isn't ready, that's indisputable
The problem is that Keenum clearly isn't "ready" either seeing he's arguably amongst the worst starting QB in theleague

Hell, Fisher literally said Goff is ready.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
At some point fisher has to decide what is best overall for the team. going 7 and 9 with keenum or going 7 and 9 with Goff.
I think the team would be disappointed either way.
Seriously doubt they care who's QBing if they end with that record.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly right . Keenum could be 1-6 right now so we all know what he can do . It's time to see what our brand new toy can do . Take off the training wheels and play football .