Fisher: Sticking with Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamWoodie

Legend
I'll happily deal with the turnovers because

1 - case is a turnover machine

And

2 - goff will leave nowhere near the amount of points on the field like case has so far this season.

I'm gonna let you have that..and leave it alone....

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I find it hard to believe that after 7 games and preseason that the Rams can't get Goff up to speed enough to run 15-20 plays. They don't need to bring everything in the playbook to every game. Just learn enough to keep the D guessing and then execute those plays like professionals should be able to do. The truth here is that this coaching staff under fisher is not good. They are not doing a pro level job of teaching if at this point Keenum is the only option they believe in. And I wonder what this does to the mind and confidence of both Goff and Mannion. Especially for Goff who hasn't even taken a snap and has to listen to people call him a bust. I don't think what Fisher is doing is much of a confidence booster at all.
Disagree

Teams have had a hard time getting Air Raid QBs ready for NFL defenses

TXRams86

The Infamous
Fisher isn't playing Goff because it's the only card he holds. Plain and simple.

"He's not ready" isn't an excuse. I don't think any rookie QB is ever "ready" but the coaching staff does what it can to dumb the game down for him and HOPE for success. Us? Let's make our entire offense rocket science for our future franchise QB and consistently show little faith in him.

I honestly don't know wtf is going through Fisher's mind but he has to have some insane (or owner justified) sense of job security to keep playing Keenum. That's if he really does play Keenum next game. Fisher does a lot of shit talking before doing the exact opposite. I guess we'll see but I still hold firm on my belief that he has no idea what he's doing and don't believe he, and his staff, can develop a QB. I didn't know all these offensive and QB gurus were brought in for the benefit of Case freakin' Keenum.

RamWoodie

Legend
Bye week - Home game - Panthers struggling on defense - team in a slump

It just fits. Make the switch.
No. You're dealing with a defense that was in the Superbowl last year. We know there are problems in Carolina...but that's a talented team that's somewhat lost and can find their way at anytime.

If you're looking to start Goff, I would choose the Jets or Miami. Preferably the Dolphins because it's at home.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just tweeted the Rams official home for twitter: @RamsNFL . I told them that I would no longer consume the Rams, unless they either fired Jeff Fisher or started Jared Goff. I know I am a "nobody" as compared to a billion dollar operation like the Rams, but maybe others would tweet the same thing. I just know that I have better things to do than watch a head coach that will never make our team into a winner. I will watch if Goff is made the starter, but until then, I will save myself the aggravation and heartache on Sundays...

TXRams86

The Infamous
I just tweeted the Rams official home for twitter: @RamsNFL . I told them that I would no longer consume the Rams, unless they either fired Jeff Fisher or started Jared Goff. I know I am a "nobody" as compared to a billion dollar operation like the Rams, but maybe others would tweet the same thing. I just know that I have better things to do than watch a head coach that will never make our team into a winner. I will watch if Goff is made the starter, but until then, I will save myself the aggravation and heartache on Sundays...
My buddy, a Jags fan, responsed to my "Fire Fisher" post on Facebook with a link to a petition for "Making the Jaguars great again" (...were they ever?). Maybe the Rams need some such petition, lol.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Case Keenum is an air raid qb himself.

He is!

To Reach this level of performance, it took his 5th year

Doesn't mean they can't get there but it is plausible that it would take time. Spread QBs are being jammed into NFL offenses.
The dual threats like Dak and Cam are able to pull it off. Wrentz too.

Pocket passers take longer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is!

Doesn't mean they can't get there but it is plausible that it would take time. Spread QBs are being jammed into NFL offenses.

Andy Dalton

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is!

Didn't he play half a season as a rookie?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He did. 9tds, 6ints, 7ypa. As an undrafted rookie. We're talking about the number 1 pick here.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Andy Dalton
Did it not take Andy a while to reach respectability?

Accepting that respectability is subjective.

Andy took some grief early.

Better now, absolutely. No argument at all.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Nah. I'd say he was respectable early in his career. It took him awhile to establish himself as a good/very good QB. But that's typical. QBs are typically inconsistent over their first 5 years in the NFL. They typically hit their prime between their 5th and 7th year in the NFL. That's when you see them become consistent from year-to-year.

TXRams86

The Infamous

We're talking about "Dalton scale" Andy Dalton right? The average quarterback which Case Keenum, with one less year of experience granted, can't even come close to.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
We're talking about "Dalton scale" Andy Dalton right? The average quarterback which Case Keenum, with one less year of experience granted, can't even come close to.

I remember some sketchy games from Andy

Remember, the Dalton comparison came only from their shared college offenses.

I can freely state that Keenum will never reach the exalted level of Andy Dalton.

They're both Air Raid guys and it takes time.

So it has with Goff....Air Raid guy

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if Fisher knows how stupid it sounds to say he's not ready . Goff is one play from having to play .Then what ?
Then he'll be ready of course....
This "not ready" stuff is just nonsense.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is quite nonsensical. You're basically saying that Fisher is so stubborn that if Goff is ready, he won't start him. I won't believe that.
Well that seems quite nonsensical to me, so I guess we're even.
QB aren't going to get ready for live NFL action in practice, its just not going to happen. The "ready", "not ready" moniker is on Fisher.
Other rookie QB starters this season
Wentz 8/3 TD/INT ratio and a 92.7 rating
Kessler 4/1 TD/INT ratio and a 94.4 rating
Prescott 7/1 TD/INT ratio and a 103.9 rating

Keenum 8/10 TF/INT ratio and a 77.5 rating

I'm not expecting that Goff goes in that he could replicate the others numbers but I sure as heck would hope that he could equal Keenum's.
And the fact is that nobody, not you, me or Fisher himself knows exactly what Goff will do until he hits the field. No amount of practice will dictate that.

RamWoodie

Legend
Well that seems quite nonsensical to me, so I guess we're even.
QB aren't going to get ready for live NFL action in practice, its just not going to happen. The "ready", "not ready" moniker is on Fisher.
Other rookie QB starters this season
Wentz 8/3 TD/INT ratio and a 92.7 rating
Kessler 4/1 TD/INT ratio and a 94.4 rating
Prescott 7/1 TD/INT ratio and a 103.9 rating

Keenum 8/10 TF/INT ratio and a 77.5 rating

I'm not expecting that Goff goes in that he could replicate the others numbers but I sure as heck would hope that he could equal Keenum's.
And the fact is that nobody, not you, me or Fisher himself knows exactly what Goff will do until he hits the field. No amount of practice will dictate that.
Ever just flat understand Wentz came from a pro set offense? That made a world of difference in his transition! One could look at Goff in preseason and see he wasn't ready.

Every QB you have there showed to be more ready than Goff. That doesn't mean they will be better than Goff in the long run though.

What I will grant is that Fisher is just not an offensive mind and that very well has to figure into QB development in some ways. I can tell from Fisher's OCs that he's hired that simply hasn't transitioned from the "ground and pound" type offense. I will say I like what Boras is doing so far.

Here's here I am with Goff...he's a great arm but a rookie playing catch up with the NFL style of football. When he's made the transition, he will be fine.

I have nothing more to offer because all I can go on is what I saw of Goff in preseason and he was not ready to start.

Could it be the staff ? Maybe.

Is it Goff himself? I think so...but not that he'should not talented or able. It's obvious he was somewhat overwhelmed.

All I know is what I saw...Goff wasn't ready. I do think a time is coming you have to put him out there...but I don't have information that tells me different...so I wait until the staff starts Goff. Maybe then...I will change my mind.