Fisher: Keenum to start against Tampa Bay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I think Fisher is playing the QB shell game. He is desperate to conceal his mistake.

Bruce2980

Starter
Did you not watch pre-season:
Goff: 22 for 49, 232 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT, 4 sacks, 4 fumbles
Keenum: 18 for 24, 188 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 1 sack, 0 fumbles

Trust me, Goff could be doing much, much worse than Keenum
Did you watch the pre-season? Keenum took the majority off the first team reps and played with the first team on the field, he NEVER played a game with the 2nd or 3rd team. Are we to think that there is no difference in performance in that fact alone? And those stats that are quoted are pure BS based on who was on the field to begin with. Why not just start pulling random stats from random teams and random games? Why not just compare Roger Staubachs stats with Brett Favres? Unreal, many of Goffs mistakes were flukes and will never happen again, and some of those mistakes were flukes that happen to everyone at some point in time. Why don't you count or account for the passes that Goff through that were on target and undisputedly dropped by that target? Even Fisher doesn't defend his decision of sitting Goff by using those stats. Every pundit in the NFL would be all over him if he did something like that.
As far as Goff being able to do worse than Keenum? Really, 28-0, can't do ANY worse. I bet it doesn't take Goff two games and counting, once he gets to play of course, to make defenses pay for their 8 and 9 man fronts.

Last edited:

Bruce2980

Starter
tumblr_lmftt11Zqb1qijfqzo1_500.gif
Please run out of bullets man.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Now this is some hilarious Fisher fuzzy math bullshit.

From the article........

“Our opener was a team loss and I don’t blame it on Case. Nor do I give credit to Case for this win …”

So...he doesn't give Case credit for the win, but...he gives him a Game Ball. :dizzy:

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
huh? Mistake in drafting Goff?

You could not be more wrong
I hope I'm wrong but judging by the last two weeks it looks like a mistake. Wentz was one of the players the Rams could have selected. He is starting and winning and getting national air time and notoriety while Goff the #1 pick is standing on the sidelines looking dazed and confused. But I will give to you your obvious point and say yes I know were only heading into week three. A lot more football to come.

…..

Legend
I hope I'm wrong but judging by the last two weeks it looks like a mistake. Wentz was one of the players the Rams could have selected. He is starting and winning and getting national air time and notoriety while Goff the #1 pick is standing on the sidelines looking dazed and confused. But I will give to you your obvious point and say yes I know were only heading into week three. A lot more football to come.

And you could be right. We just don't know.

…..

Legend
Now this is some hilarious Fisher fuzzy math bullcrap.

From the article........

“Our opener was a team loss and I don’t blame it on Case. Nor do I give credit to Case for this win …”

So...he doesn't give Case credit for the win, but...he gives him a Game Ball. :dizzy:

I think the game ball came from overcoming his demons from week 1....just an assumption.

fiveten

UDFA
Did you watch the pre-season? Keenum took the majority off the first team reps and played with the first team on the field, he NEVER played a game with the 2nd or 3rd team. Are we to think that there is no difference in performance in that fact alone? And those stats that are quoted are pure BS based on who was on the field to begin with. Why not just start pulling random stats from random teams and random games? Why not just compare Roger Staubachs stats with Brett Favres? Unreal, many of Goffs mistakes were flukes and will never happen again, and some of those mistakes were flukes that happen to everyone at some point in time. Why don't you count or account for the passes that Goff through that were on target and undisputedly dropped by that target? Even Fisher doesn't defend his decision of sitting Goff by using those stats. Every pundit in the NFL would be all over him if he did something like that.
As far as Goff being able to do worse than Keenum? Really, 28-0, can't do ANY worse. I bet it doesn't take Goff two games and counting, once he gets to play of course, to make defenses pay for their 8 and 9 man fronts.

That and what little we saw in training camp are the only comparisons we have right now. It's not necessarily a fair comparison, but people who say they can't imagine Goff being worse aren't imagining hard enough. The majority of what I have seen comparing Goff and Keenum, Goff has looked worse.

Bruce2980

Starter
That and what little we saw in training camp are the only comparisons we have right now. It's not necessarily a fair comparison, but people who say they can't imagine Goff being worse aren't imagining hard enough. The majority of what I have seen comparing Goff and Keenum, Goff has looked worse.
I agree that Goff isn't ready, and I hope Fisher knows what he is doing. And yes, I can imagine a rookie making a mess at times during the first few games. I also believe that Goff has talents that Keenum doesn't. As long as the Rams win until Goff is ready, and Fisher plays Goff when he is ready, I will be happy. And there is no way for me to tell when that will happen until it happens. There, I guess I didn't say anything, but it took awhile to say it.

A55VA6

Legend
I have a feeling Goff will sit all year... which disappoints me. But hopefully Goff will see the field soon.

Over 2 games, here's Keenum's stat line...
35/65
369 yards
0 TD
2 INT

Not great.

FRO

Legend
Not surprising. They were saying on the broadcast that he may sit the whole year.

I don't see the benefit to sitting him. Does Keenum give you a better chance to win? If the answer is yes, I still don't see Keenum leading enough offensive production to help win games. The defense will start facing much tougher offenses starting next week. They won't be able to win without the offense getting at minimum 20 points a game.

FRO

Legend
I have a feeling Goff will sit all year... which disappoints me. But hopefully Goff will see the field soon.

Over 2 games, here's Keenum's stat line...
35/65
369 yards
0 TD
2 INT

Not great.
Over that two game stretch the offense is averaging 4.5 points a game. I understand Seattle has a tough defense, but no offensive TDs over 2 games is bad. How many times have the Rams even been inside the opponent's 10?

lockdnram21

Legend
Keenum is living proof that pre season means jackshit. Goff barely played with the ones and never had Gurley or Austin.

Wentz played like a pile of dog crap and then missed the rest of pre season. If means exactly zero.
Austin wouldn't have helped much

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
So this isn't surprising at all but if Fisher is as concerned about scoring TD's as he says he is you would think leaving the starting QB in that is responsible for leading us to a total of 9 points in two games would be the best place to start. But who the hell knows.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
If Goff ends up sitting all year, then (IMO) Snisher botched the pick. Now if Keenum magically rattles off 14 wins in a row, then I reserve the right to change my opinion....

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I wonder if not starting is tougher on his confidence than starting and failing would be