Fisher: Keenum to start against Tampa Bay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think week 5 is a good starting point for the young QB. If he's not ready he's not ready.

Athos

Legend
Goff won't start at all this season. It's the Fisher way. Book it.

I have zero interest watching Keenum anymore tho as watching this offense is less interesting than watching the Bachelorette.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
So who is the back-up this week? Goff or Mannion? I have to believe it's Goff now the rest of the way, right?

He wouldn't really flip flop them every week, would he?

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
If we can't score a TD vs TB, I really hope we start playing Goff the following week or mid game, we need to get him rolling.

“You play football, you play football. I don’t know how you get better at playing football without playing football. You stand around and talk about it all day, I don’t think that really makes you a better player. At some point you’ve got to get out there and play.”

- Bill Belichick

Psycho_X

Legend
Goff won't be playing this week or next that's a guarantee as they are both away games and the one after this is against Arizona. Fisher is pretty rigid when it comes to stuff like this. Even if Keenum gets injured against TB and Goff finishes it I could almost guarantee against Arizona the next week Mannion would start with Goff backing up. It's just how Fisher operates. Now if we stink it up really good I could see a chance of Goff playing week 5 against the Bills at home. But I wouldn't put money on it barring injury or a couple more shutouts by our offense.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
The only way Keenum plays all season is if he puts together some really great games, so I wouldn't worry about that.

But I do think it's crazy to expect to see Goff any time before the bye week. Obsessing over it isn't going to change a thing.

jap

Legend
http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-20160919-snap-story.html

Not going to beat a dead horse on this one. I'm disappointed. We'll see if he changes his mind come Week 4. I think the poster who said Week 5 at the earliest is probably right.

Week Five (Buffalo Bills) makes more sense. Get the early divisional games out of the way with a QB who is not prone to lose games when he is playing within himself. The Express! will be bottled up for the most part with 8|9 men in the box unless defensive miscues allows him to get past the first wave.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
tumblr_lmftt11Zqb1qijfqzo1_500.gif

jap

Legend
The only way Keenum plays all season is if he puts together some really great games, so I wouldn't worry about that.

But I do think it's crazy to expect to see Goff any time before the bye week. Obsessing over it isn't going to change a thing.

If Keenum plays all season, Todd will be hard pressed to make even 1000 yards, let alone 2000. We need to force defenses to play honest and space their players out more to give the Express! some breathing room.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Definitely week five. UNLESS Case sucks vs Tampa. For Case this is a must-win game, once again. Fish has already said "all signs point to QB" and that Case has to improve. Shot across the bow is there man.

And he should improve in this one, given the porous nature of Tampa's pass defense. To the point where IF he plays crappy in the first half I expect to see Goff inserted in the game.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I guess I just can't see how Goff isn't at least as productive as Keenum. But whatever. This is on you Jeff Fisher.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I read Silver, (I'll have to search for the link) and he said 2016 may be too soon to expect Goff to start.
That Goff may not start until 2017.

You gotta realize Silver is speaking with Fisher's take. And Fish believes that Case is better than he is.

IMO Case is not the guy Fish believes him to be, and the reality on the field will most likely auto-correct all that. Plus, Goff's a smart dude who has been studying his @$$ off by all reports. Highly doubt he won't have the protections down by the bye week at the latest. That's my last possible week that Goff is inserted.

fiveten

UDFA
I guess I just can't see how Goff isn't at least as productive as Keenum. But whatever. This is on you Jeff Fisher.

Did you not watch pre-season:
Goff: 22 for 49, 232 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT, 4 sacks, 4 fumbles
Keenum: 18 for 24, 188 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 1 sack, 0 fumbles

Trust me, Goff could be doing much, much worse than Keenum

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Its just about impossible to do worse than 4.5 points per game

That said, count me in with the, why bother complaining crowd. Fisher has a thing for Keenum and it aint going to change. He put a 1st round tender on him, made him a team captain and gave him a game ball after a mediocre game. It is what it is. And the only way to see Goff play is by the result of either an injury or multiple blowout losses. (Both of which I am incapable of rooting for)

So its the Case Keenum train, full speed ahead.
He did shred the Bucs last year so I'm full on hoping for a repeat....

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Goff won't start at all this season. It's the Fisher way. Book it.

I have zero interest watching Keenum anymore tho as watching this offense is less interesting than watching the Bachelorette.

We will eagerly await your further analysis from unwatched games! It will be so new and fresh!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

Keenum is living proof that pre season means jackshit. Goff barely played with the ones and never had Gurley or Austin.

Wentz played like a pile of dog shit and then missed the rest of pre season. If means exactly zero.