Fisher: Keenum to start against Tampa Bay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
You sure about that?
You must not have seen Corey Feldman's music performance debut on the Today Show.
I've seen better performances by drunk people singing bad karaoke. That was bad.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Alright, I hear you, and thanks for setting me straight. I haven't been around here too long, so I'm not yet totally aware of the dynamics or structure behind everything.

To reiterate and hopefully explain myself better, his comment rubbed me the wrong way, and so I pointed it out, and expressed my opinion on it poorly. I perceived his response as derisively sarcastic, and so I answered in kind.

That's how it went for me, and I only meant to stand my ground, and didn't mean to be especially disrespectful.

I'll accept that I was in the wrong on this one, so I'll apologize to X, specifically, and I apologize here to anyone else who found my lack of respect out of line.

Let me just say since you are new to the board I'm not coming down on you in anyway. This board has been a place that we can all state our opinions and that's a good thing. What we don't like is when members attack or make it personal.
I can tell you we don't always agree with each other and I've been in conversations that get a little testy. But in the end as long as we all respect others opinions (right, wrong or indifferent) ROD is a great place for all of us.
And once you've spent enough time here you get an idea of everyone and there personalities. There is a ton of great people on here with a wealth of knowledge. So please don't take anything I said as coming down on you. Just making sure you understand who you are speaking too. X is a great dude and the "ROD Father" so once you get to know him you'll get along just fine.

Enjoy man!

BW

bluecoconuts

Legend
Even if u take away all the drops he still looked horrible

I don't think he looked horrible, at least not when he had the 1's with him (meaning some protection)... The ball placement was good, footwork was good, the most glaring issue was inexperience in the NFL, which you get by playing in the NFL. There's going to be a greater risk to playing Goff to Keenum, but also a greater chance of reward.

Keenum did alright against the Bucs last year. We should be okay.
Though, that might have been the mystique of the mustard.
Who knows.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXWsaVBEhlQ

Last game in the dome too, think that helped.... But I think Case will do fine on Sunday.. I'm saying he throws 2 TD's and Gurley runs in 1... The biggest worry to me is how the defense will play against what I expect to be a fired up Winston.

Bruce2980

Starter
Even if u take away all the drops he still looked horrible
He had some awkward moments to say the least, but he had some good passes as well. Hopefully all of that awkwardness is gone from his game and hopefully he will look much better with the 1s in game later this year. But I think he looked better than 4 year pro Keenum did against the whiners.

fearsomefour

Legend
Will have to see how it goes.
He won't start him on the road....at Arizona I would be amazed if he started there.
Week 5 at home vs Buffalo makes sense. If the team manages to be 3-1 heading into that game, I doubt it happens.
For the O to progress they need to score 24+ points vs Tampa Bay. Tampa can score but this is a game the Rams should win.
If the team continues to not score there is no reason to wait beyond Buffalo.

jap

Legend
I'm keen to see Goff start too but I'm not sure Keenum was the problem on Sunday.

If the running game had been up to scratch and a couple of drops were catches instead, the picture would be very different.

I'll be annoyed if we have to wait until 2017 to see Goff but, at the same time, I'd like to see the running game fixed before he's thrown in.

I do believe the running game will be fixed when he is thrown in.

jap

Legend
Now this is some hilarious Fisher fuzzy math bullcrap.

From the article........

“Our opener was a team loss and I don’t blame it on Case. Nor do I give credit to Case for this win …”

So...he doesn't give Case credit for the win, but...he gives him a Game Ball. :dizzy:

The game ball to Case was a pat on the head for encouragement.

jap

Legend
Not surprising. They were saying on the broadcast that he may sit the whole year.

I don't see the benefit to sitting him. Does Keenum give you a better chance to win? If the answer is yes, I still don't see Keenum leading enough offensive production to help win games. The defense will start facing much tougher offenses starting next week. They won't be able to win without the offense getting at minimum 20 points a game.

Word of advice: Generally speaking, the media guys simply cannot read Fish. It's normally best to ignore whatever they think he's thinking.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Word of advice: Generally speaking, the media guys simply cannot read Fish. It's normally best to ignore whatever they think he's thinking.

Or whatever he says.

jap

Legend
Keenum has the league's worst quarterback rating at 57.8 right now. I don't understand how Fisher continues to justify starting Keenum still.

Who is he gonna start instead? A really green Jared? A Sean who has never started an NFL game?

For all we know, Groh and Boras may be simplifying a customized play book for Jared even now. We want Todd to be our linchpin, but, unless Case gets consistently accurate with his intermediate to long range throws, I just cannot see the Express! getting any breathing room soon. However, if jared is allowed to run a shotgun biased playbook in a few weeks, as he works to get comfortable with the conventional NFL under-the-center technique, we just may get something to really scream happily about.

The preceding is purely speculation. Please refrain from undue dribbling or hyperventilation until or if it actually occurs.