Fisher: Keenum to start against Tampa Bay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Did you not watch pre-season:
Goff: 22 for 49, 232 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT, 4 sacks, 4 fumbles
Keenum: 18 for 24, 188 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 1 sack, 0 fumbles

Trust me, Goff could be doing much, much worse than Keenum

One could argue all of Keenums snaps in preseason were with the starters, and Goffs were not. Keenums not exactly a Brett Farve in front of Rodgers type of situation, it's week 3 and we haven't scored a TD yet. Worse or not we need to get the kid going if he's our future franchise QB. We cant keep winning with FGs and good defense it's just not sustainable.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its just about impossible to do worse than 4.5 points per game

That said, count me in with the, why bother complaining crowd. Fisher has a thing for Keenum and it aint going to change. He put a 1st round tender on him, made him a team captain and gave him a game ball after a mediocre game. It is what it is. And the only way to see Goff play is by the result of either an injury or multiple blowout losses. (Both of which I am incapable of rooting for)

So its the Case Keenum train, full speed ahead.
He did shred the Bucs last year so I'm full on hoping for a repeat....
Completely agree.

If I've learned one thing about Jeff Fisher, it's that he's gonna do what he wants... damn the consequences.

It won't matter if they score 3 points per game. If he wants Keenum, it's Keenum.

Might as well accept whatever decisions he makes and hope they are right... thus far in his tenure as Rams coach?

Wish I could feel more confident.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So this is a Rams board, and our starting QB was announced for next week in a somewhat controversial QB situation...?

Don't get this comment.
Really? A Rams board?
Holy shit. How'd I end up here?

FYI, my "so" comment signifies that its not a big deal.

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Really? A Rams board?
Holy crap. How'd I end up here?

FYI, my "so" comment signifies that its not a big deal.

Alright, dude. Respect your commentary as well as your opinion, but FYI, posting "so?" comes across as needlessly petulant.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we see Goff sometime after the bye. If you look at our schedule from the big picture, 5 of our first 7 are road games with one being in London.

Our next games are: @TB, @AZ, Buf, @DET, London game

We haven't left Cali yet but boy are we about to. No point in even thinking about playing Goff until this mess is over with.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I read Silver, (I'll have to search for the link) and he said 2016 may be too soon to expect Goff to start.
That Goff may not start until 2017.

Please don't find the link. I don't want to have another meltdown.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So we're going to continue to rely on field goals. That's cool I guess.
I think the saying is... "there's no such thing as an ugly loss"... but it is nerve rattling.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
tumblr_o4tvwz26GN1rki1t5o1_500.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Alright, dude. Respect your commentary as well as your opinion, but FYI, posting "so?" comes across as needlessly petulant.
Well, gee, I'll try to clean that up for you going forward.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I'm keen to see Goff start too but I'm not sure Keenum was the problem on Sunday.

If the running game had been up to scratch and a couple of drops were catches instead, the picture would be very different.

I'll be annoyed if we have to wait until 2017 to see Goff but, at the same time, I'd like to see the running game fixed before he's thrown in.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Keenum is our QB this week until that changes, right or wrong so let's pull for his success. It sure would be nice to see the Rams win a road game against a non-divisional foe the week after beating the Seachickens. If Keenum lays an egg, Fisher is going to be forced to make a change shortly. It's probably going to take two turds in a row though. So, in my thinking, if Keenum does poorly against the Bucs and Cards, we'll see Goff at home against the Bills. Otherwise, Keenum is going to hang on to the starting gig as long as we are playing .500 ball, to a chorus of boos from time to time.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fisher said that he will continue to rotate Goff and Mannion as back ups after the game.

How does that actually help either?

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
You know X is Staff......yes?

Yeah... I found his comment annoying, so I said so. He found my comment annoying, and he said so. That's it to me.

If you're telling me I have to never call out someone because they're staff? I don't know. That doesn't seem right, but it's not my board, and I'll go away if that's what it comes down to.