Fisher: "Jared and Sean are ready, and I'm enjoying Case under center"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
can i let you into a secret ...i have no idea what the movies is ;)

A Christmas Story.

It's a semi-funny movie that has cult status here if you understand what that term means in that context. Like Rocky Horror Picture Show or other films.

It was filmed partially in my hometown, and the house is there to this day, refurbished and is a museum.

The movie is worth watching. My little brother has a leg lamp we got him for Christmas one year.

Check it out......

http://www.achristmasstoryhouse.com/

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
A Christmas Story.

It's a semi-funny movie that has cult status here if you understand what that term means in that context. Like Rocky Horror Picture Show or other films.

It was filmed partially in my hometown, and the house is there to this day, refurbished and is a museum.

The movie is worth watching. My little brother has a leg lamp we got him for Christmas one year.

Check it out......

http://www.achristmasstoryhouse.com/
Arguably the best Christmas movie ever.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Two thoughts either a "ruse"....a ploy....not to be believed....

Or

There is a thought I'm starting to believe....it's the never had much talent as a player coach...that goes with the underdog, cause he never was given a fair shake as a player either theory...so I'm gonna give Case/Davis/Hill/ shots to prove they can be adequate....

Or

He's truly scared that Goff will get hurt playing in the NFL behind our O-Line....

Final possibility...

Keenum > Goff

wasted draft capital because Goff is no better than the various other draft picks (besides Wentz) that are playing adequately at this very moment...and could have been drafted & sat holding a clipboard...

No other reason at this point of the season to settle for Keenum...Hell....I'm about to get on the play Mannion train....If Goff sucks, at least TRY to improve the offense...I wouldn't doubt another pick 6 loses a bunch of veteran defensive players...and knowing Keenum, fear of this will make him be even MORE conservative...as hard as that is to believe...

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/goff-731988-rams-every.html
The Rams’ comfort level with Goff seems to be rising. After the preseason, Coach Jeff Fisher indicated Goff wasn’t ready for an NFL game, thus the inactive status for the opener. This week, Fisher said it was possible Goff would get into a game if the Rams were leading or trailing by a large margin.

Goff, who turns 22 on Friday, is younger than all five of the rookie quarterbacks who have played this season – Dallas’ Dak Prescott, a fourth-round pick, has started all five games – and Rams coaches said they’re pleased with Goff’s development, and not only as their scout-team quarterback in practices.

“A lot of time, you understand how a person is learning by the questions he’s asking,” offensive coordinator Rob Boras said. “He’s not asking rookie questions anymore. He’s starting to ask more advanced, the (college-level) 301- or 401-type questions. So for me, it starts there.”

Goff was asked if he thought his understanding of the game has progressed beyond rookie status.

“I hope so,” Goff said. “I think I’ve progressed ever since I got here, and I don’t think I’ve ever plateaued or gone backward. I think I’ve gotten better every time, every week, every day. I feel good. I just feel like every day and every week has gotten more and more natural and more like second nature.”
View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-practicereport/Practice-Report-1012-Improving-Execution-in-the-Red-Zone/1ac71cca-8683-4f39-807e-b6544be88783

In terms of yards and first downs, Los Angeles had its highest offensive output of the season so far last Sunday against the Bills. Racking up 345 yards and 23 first downs is a decent indication of how well the Rams were able to move the ball.

That mark, however, means a bit less than it could because the Rams were only able to score a touchdown once in their four red-zone opportunities. That’s what Los Angeles has to correct this week with facing a tough Lions defense on the road.

“We recognize, right now, our deficiency with getting the ball in the end zone and that’s what our focus is right now,” offensive coordinator Rob Boras said on Wednesday.

Boras said L.A. must improve in many aspects when it comes to how the offense plays when there’s a chance for the unit to put up points. That goes from the coordinator on down.

“It starts with play calls,” Boras said. “You’re always self-evaluating as a coach, seeing if you’re putting your players in the best position.”

But it’s also negative plays down in the scoring areas. Both Boras and starting quarterback Case Keenumcited those as being one of the biggest obstacles to cashing in when the offense is inside the 20-yard line.

“It’s the negative plays that are preventing us from having the continued success,” Boras said. “We’ve started the drives well the last couple of games, we just haven’t finished with touchdowns, we’ve finished with field goals. It’s eliminating the negative plays when we get to the red zone.”:blah:

“Whether it’s penalties, negative runs, sacks — yards are precious down there,” Keenum said. “I think we just have to keep moving forward. We’re doing a good job moving the football, just keep moving forward when we get down there.”
:sick::doh::palm:
Detroit’s defense has done well to contain both the run and pass despite injuries to key contributors like defensive end Ezekiel Ansah, defensive tackle Haloti Ngata and linebacker DeAndre Levy. So well, in fact, that the club still has not let up a rushing touchdown.

“They’re defense is playing well down there — red-zone defense,” head coach Jeff Fisher said. “They’ve given up some passing touchdowns. As we talked about success in the plus territory in the red zone, if you will, it’s about carrying balance.”

“We have our work cut out for us,” Keenum said. “I think we’re going to have to play really well to win this game.”

CATCHING UP WITH GOFF

As we all know, quarterback Jared Goff has been serving as the Rams’ backup since Week 2. Nothing yet has changed when it comes to Goff’s status on the depth chart, as Fisher has maintained the No. 1 overall pick will play when he’s ready. And the head coach told Detroit media on Wednesday that there is no timetable for when the QB will see the field.

But according to the coaches, Goff has made steady progress. Boras said that’s been most apparent in the classroom.

“A lot of the times, you understand how a person is learning by the questions that he’s asking and he’s not asking rookie questions anymore,” Boras said. “He’s starting to ask those more advanced, if you will, say, the 301- or 401-type question. For me, it starts there.” :jerkoff::deadhorse::thinking:

“The easiest way to understand if somebody knows it is when they can regurgitate it back to you,” Boras added. “And he’s able to do that right now and, again, ask some of those questions where you have to, yourself, look up at the sky and try to think, ‘OK, that’s a good one.” And try to give him the right answer.”

“I think I’ve progressed ever since I got here, and I don’t think I’ve ever really plateaued or gone backwards,” Goff said. “I think I’ve gotten better every time, every week, every day, so I feel good.”

Boras was particularly complimentary of Goff’s work ethic, nothing how the quarterback appears to be preparing as if he will play.

“He’s putting a lot of work in as if he is the starter, which I know is not an easy thing to do, especially for a young player,” Boras said. “But to watch him go ahead and study Detroit and get ready for this week as if he’s playing, I think that says a lot about his maturity as a 21-year-old.”

But once gameday comes, Goff is on the sidelines, aiding Keenum in any way he can.

“Mainly looking at the defense, looking at what they’re doing defensively, trying to help Case, trying to see if we can see anything that can help him when he gets to the sidelines,” Goff said. “Looking for different coverages, blitzes, stuff that they’ve done more than once, any tendencies.”

There have been many young quarterbacks and first-year quarterbacks starting around the league this season — many of whom have gotten playing time due to injuries. While as a competitor Goff would certainly like to be on the field, he recognizes every situation is different.

“All these guys that are doing well right now I’m very happy for. Most of them I’m good friends with, and they’ve done a really good job,” Goff said. “I’m very happy for them.”

Goff, of course, is focused on himself and become the best quarterback he can be for this team. And that process appears to be going well behind the scenes.

“I’m just trying to improve,” Goff said, “make everything become second-nature and continue to get better, and continue to feel more natural in the offense.”

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I beg to differ annabelles wish is the greatest Christmas story ever .... We bought the video (vcr) for my eldest daughter when she was like 4-5 ... She wore the crap outta that thing she would watch almost every day at different points ....she kinda grew out of it as she got older she hit 17 and was "complaining" about becoming an adult so I found the film on dvd and got it her for Christmas one year ... She said it was the best xmas present ever

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Fisher keeps bringing up CKs record as a starter, he is 7-4 as the Rams starter IIRC, if CKs record should get close to .500 then Fisher wont be able to use that as an excuse to start CK and he will feel more pressure to start Goff. But I dont want CK to get close to .500 and I wont wish him injured so it is up to CK to prove Fisher right or wrong in his thought that the Rams are a playoff team with CK. And as the article states and we all see every week CK is reluctant to throw to an open WR more than 10 yards down field, he has shown he can throw deeper than I thought he could, but he doesnt seem to confident in his own ability to make those throws.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If someone forced Fisher to draft Goff, doesn't it stand to reason that that same someone would force Fisher to play Goff? Otherwise WTF?
Not if he's "not ready"
You know, like Case "74.5 QB rating" Keenum is
Heaven can Wait was only a movie and the way Fisher is spinning it, no I don't think he can be "forced" to play Goff

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher keeps bringing up CKs record as a starter, he is 7-4 as the Rams starter IIRC
6-4 actually
3-2 last year, so far 3-2 this
And Case has 8td in those 10 games and the defense has scored 3

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

I beg to differ annabelles wish is the greatest Christmas story ever .... We bought the video (vcr) for my eldest daughter when she was like 4-5 ... She wore the crap outta that thing she would watch almost every day at different points ....she kinda grew out of it as she got older she hit 17 and was "complaining" about becoming an adult so I found the film on dvd and got it her for Christmas one year ... She said it was the best xmas present ever
UK, great story about your daughter. However, you need to wash your mouth out with soap, for having spoken ill of A Christmas Story...:sneaky:

714_5.jpg

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
UK, great story about your daughter. However, you need to wash your mouth out with soap, for having spoken ill of A Christmas Story...:sneaky:

View attachment 17086
I won't say it's a bad film as I haven't seen it .... I just know annabelles wish is better (and watch this little bit of getting back on topic magic ) ....just like I know Goff is better than Keenum TA DA

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I see what you did there...(n) (Now watch as I solidify the process...) and I believe we will look back at this process by the end of the season and give Fisher and company kudos for having brought our phenom Jared Goff along perfectly, setting him up for success.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I won't say it's a bad film as I haven't seen it .... I just know annabelles wish is better (and watch this little bit of getting back on topic magic ) ....just like I know Goff is better than Keenum TA DA
We'll meet you half-way on this.
Annabelle's Wish is the best *cartoon* Christmas movie.
A Christmas Story is the best *non-cartoon* Christmas movie.

How's that?

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
So, fisher enjoys watching the 28th ranked qb under center?

Wentz is 6th, Dak is 8th, simien is 10th, and cody fucking Kessler is 17th!

But, hey as long as you enjoy watching case under center.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Oh come on folks... You know Fish is going to to tell the media people a sugarcoated version of what he's really thinking.. If Fisher thought with his own true convictions and advice from Weinke and Boras that Goff was ready, there is little doubt he would be starting this Sunday or even in London.

He's merely only hinting that JG's closer to ready, when in reality Fisher is still more comfortable with Case starting the the next couple games or so.

Fisher is presenting a perception that he's fine and enjoying Keenum under center so don't buy his coach speaking spin job that he's enjoying Case under center and is content sitting his new face of the franchise.

He does like his journeyman starting QB and at this juncture of the season with his Rams 3-2 needing a signature win at Detroit, Fisher is only playing the media like he always does.

If he's saying the same things in 3 weeks from now, please bump this post.. :cool:

GettyImages-612076738-1024x683.vadapt.664.high.14.jpg

This p I c says it all.... 10,000 words.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Holy shit ^^^^. Goff better lock his doors at night. Fisher is looking at him like he kicked his puppy.....