Fisher: "Jared and Sean are ready, and I'm enjoying Case under center"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bruce2980

Starter
Not if he's "not ready"
You know, like Case "74.5 QB rating" Keenum is
Heaven can Wait was only a movie and the way Fisher is spinning it, no I don't think he can be "forced" to play Goff
Well that would certainly explain the WTF part. But I don't see how or why Fisher would take the credit, or blame for that pick. He was pretty confident that Goff is his guy, wasn't he? So, I obviously have no idea what happened behind close doors, it is just pure speculation as to what happened, so I fall back to simple reason and logic and with such limited info there isn't much of that to go on. But I really hope you are wrong that Goff sucks because that would suck.
I guess we'll have to wait and see if we can gather more pieces of this puzzle in the future.

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
What would the reaction be if CK goes down and Fisher puts in Sean over Jared(both are ready)?? :hiding:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What would the reaction be if CK goes down and Fisher puts in Sean over Jared(both are ready)?? :hiding:
kaboom.gif

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
And as the article states and we all see every week CK is reluctant to throw to an open WR more than 10 yards down field, he has shown he can throw deeper than I thought he could, but he doesnt seem to confident in his own ability to make those throws.
Well, the couple of passes I've seen that are pretty deep, he does seem to throw his whole body into it...which of course effects accuracy....there was no reason he missed Quick...It reminded me of when he missed Britt in preseason...and Tavon, it seems like, every time he's thrown deep to him...
"We're seeing glimpses of consistency".
what exactly is a glimpse of consistency...these "media words" they're using now...oxymoronic ...is that a word? the red line underneath says, no....but pretty silly to justify the offensive progress...look at 3rd downs....analyze it....look at the red zone plays...analyze those...see what the hell is the problem...

It's a shame too....that Boras, Weinke, and Groh may be canned for their performances...and guess what, it's not your fault if you can't turn water into wine....I actually like what Boras is trying to do...I'd emphasize the TE's more...and if Higbee doesn't want it, I'm going Harkey or Hemmingway....seams are open...but besides the opener....a very safe, case-friendly offense has had us in position to win....I'm sure with Goff, several more of Boras' plays would work....in fact, I can guarantee it...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fisher keeps bringing up CKs record as a starter, he is 7-4 as the Rams starter IIRC, if CKs record should get close to .500 then Fisher wont be able to use that as an excuse to start CK and he will feel more pressure to start Goff. But I dont want CK to get close to .500 and I wont wish him injured so it is up to CK to prove Fisher right or wrong in his thought that the Rams are a playoff team with CK. And as the article states and we all see every week CK is reluctant to throw to an open WR more than 10 yards down field, he has shown he can throw deeper than I thought he could, but he doesnt seem to confident in his own ability to make those throws.

Case's record is cookbook deceiving

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I think Fisher just likes checking out Keenum's but as he bends over to take the snap.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Why even mention Sean Mannion? I swear, he'll start Hekker before Mannion at QB. I'd put even money he's not even sure where Mannion's locker is.

As for Goff, I've been thinking about this...a LOT... and this is how I think it went down.

Fisher saw Goff years ago and "fell in love" with him AND his potential. Wentz was never really in the picture, although, as we've seen...he really SHOULD have been.

But... the last season at Cal and the Combine, Pro Day and private workouts... all combined with the confirmation bias (we all have it with something) showed that Goff had TREMENDOUS potential...AND...he was raw. Not just game raw, but young raw. He was young and a bit goofy. And while he is a very hard worker, he had a VERY long way to go from a system at Cal that had NEVER produced a caliber of QB that Fisher believed and believes Goff can be. Fisher didn't care about him being raw. He didn't start Rookies, anyway, and has as much stability as anyone other than maybe Belichick and Tomlin.

So, what does he do? He bets the farm on this young man with SO MUCH potential who he thinks he saw before anyone else and who he thinks he understands better than anyone else (and if I were a betting person, I'd bet real money that he really DOES believe THAT). He believes Case Keenum is competent enough to lead the team until Goff is ready.

Truth is that he doesn't know how long Goff will take. He knew Goff was way more raw in many aspects than he let on and he was complicit in generating the hype that's giving him headaches now.

Now, IF Fisher was right about Goff's potential AND Weinke and Boras are doing a good job developing not just his body, but his mental acuity for the Pro game, then Goff truly has the potential to be so special that...and I tread holy Rams ground here... he has the potential to eclipse Warner, Waterfield and Van Brocklin as THE Rams Greatest QB. Even with Fisher's F'd up, broken scheme...it's all there.

And even the thought of that has fans almost rabid for it to happen NOW.

I think Fisher sees this differently. It seems he sees this situation more akin to a soufflé. The ingredients, prep and all the steps including the timing have to be just right...or it's all going to fall flat. A perfect soufflé is sublime. One that falls flat? At best, it's meh. At worst, it's a waste of time and ingredients.

I don't really talk about Wentz anymore because while Wentz was the logical Lego fit to who Fisher IS...consistently...based on actions and results... Fisher was always...ALWAYS...enamored beyond enamored with the prospect and promise of Goff.

And he's going to do ANYTHING to prove that he's found the GOAT. If that means sitting Goff for two years? That's what that means. I hardly think it will take that long (for those who's heart stopped), but Fisher's consistency once again shows through.

Fisher's got to be Fisher. He's done this time and again with DBs (letting Rodney McLeod go because Mo Alexander was ready) and DL and he THINKS he's finally gonna be able to do this with a QB.

I think he LOVES (present tense) Steve McNair, even in his grave for all he was. That said, Kerry Collins notwithstanding, he's NEVER had that pure pocket passer to go with his Eddie George that coupled with his D, he thinks would make him unstoppable...and he has bet the farm that Goff is that QB.

The LAST thing he's going to allow to happen is to have him get David Carr'd behind an OL that doesn't always protect. Especially if that QB is so raw that he's still working out the Center exchange or having issues calling the plays (although, in Goff's defense, I think you have to be a rapper to call some of these nightmarish plays. Yet ANOTHER advantage of the Perkins Earhardt offense...)

I'm not sure Keenum means anything to Goff's development. We could be undefeated, but if Goff is ready, Goff will take the reins. THAT is how much Fisher is on Goff's bandwagon. Normally, you don't mess with undefeated, even ugly undefeated. When Goff is READY, ready.... they'll put him in.

The PROOF...will be the day he starts. All the rest is Fisher being Fisher.

Well, and I'm still shocked he remembered Mannion was on the roster...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion would have to be active over Goff for that to happen. If that were to happen this place already would have blown up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WTF did I write. Shouldn't post when I am sleep deprived.

Cases"'s record is a bit deceiving. I have no idea where cookbook came from.

Have you had problems with deceptive cookbooks in the past?

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
Craving for pizza, doesn't know where the sun comes up, those stoner eyes. it's all starting to come together now. :shades:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm sur Fisher will start him when he's ready, I don't think Fisher WANT's to lose games because he's starting Keenum, he's starting the guy that he thinks can help to win right now, and that happens to be CK. He doesn't have issues with starting rookies I don't think, he started GRob, when he was ready, Gurley, when he was ready and he'll start Goff, when he's ready.

Didn't Fisher (and most scouts) say that Goff would have needed time to adjust but was the better 'long-term' prospect at QB?

"...he displays the tools to become a good starting quarterback with time." nfl.com

Can't we all just get behind the guy under centre right now and start thinking positive???

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Have you had problems with deceptive cookbooks in the past?

I used to use an IPad. Now I have a kindle Fire. The auto correct on this kindle is ridiculous. I have to re-read everything. If I don't I end up with deceptive cookbooks. :cry: