Fisher: "Jared and Sean are ready, and I'm enjoying Case under center"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'm feeling a little sick. i have a problem with a qb who doesn't even look to pass it past the sticks on 3rd down with the game on the line. the hc is forced to fake punt on his own 25 the next play because his qb won't look down the field when the pressure is on late in the game. what is this guy's infatuation with case? i don't get it.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
well shit.jpg

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Clearly he is not watching the same game we are , cause I hold my breath everytime Keenum throws an out pattern .

jacktheripper85

Starter

i'm feeling a little sick. i have a problem with a qb who doesn't even look to pass it past the sticks on 3rd down with the game on the line. the hc is forced to fake punt on his own 25 the next play because his qb won't look down the field when the pressure is on late in the game. what is this guy's infatuation with case? i don't get it.

I really don't get it either. I'm starting to believe that Fisher is pulling this crap to buy himself another year. I think Fisher knows that if he can play around .500 with Case and stay in the hunt that he will get another year with the expectation of Goff being the starter next year.

If he plays Goff now and he flops Fisher and Snead don't see another year.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess I'll have to have a talk with Jeff when I see him in Detroit this weekend . It's possible that he needs glasses.

Psycho_X

Legend
Fisher talk or Fisher stubborness? Not sure which. All I do know is if Goff truly is ready and Fisher knows it and continues to play Case this is as good as this offense and team will ever be under Fisher.

A55VA6

Legend
Fisher the past several months: "He'll play when he's ready"
Fisher right now: "Jared is ready... but... I'm gonna stick with Case"

Ok.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Sounds like a typical media spin:

Rams coach Jeff Fisher was asked by Lions reporters about his plan for Jared Goff. "He's getting better every week," Fisher said. "He's proven since he got here. Had a really good offseason; I was pleased with his training camp. He and Case (Keenum) and Sean (Mannion) are getting along great. Jared and Sean, rather, are ready to play. And right now I'm enjoying Case under center. That's the most important thing. But Jared is coming along. He's everything we thought he was going to be, and time will tell. No timetable as far as that's concerned."

All he really said was that he was progressing nicely. As for that previous thread that stated Goff was ready, I'm still skeptical of that until I hear it straight out of Fisher's wordhole. We'll see though, I personally want Goff playing but if we win with Keenum at Detroit, who am I to complain?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, all we can do is pull for the Rams to win each week no matter who Fisher trots out there at QB. I can only hope Fisher is telling the truth about Goff because I'd hate for us to get on a losing streak and then insert Goff just to find out he really isn't ready. Time will tell I guess either way.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
This is like him saying "We will rally around Case Keenum and we will win in spite of him"!:headexplosion:

Anyway, Fisher should enjoy his last few months of being a coach.:rolleyes:

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Oh come on folks... You know Fish is going to to tell the media people a sugarcoated version of what he's really thinking.. If Fisher thought with his own true convictions and advice from Weinke and Boras that Goff was ready, there is little doubt he would be starting this Sunday or even in London.

He's merely only hinting that JG's closer to ready, when in reality Fisher is still more comfortable with Case starting the the next couple games or so.

Fisher is presenting a perception that he's fine and enjoying Keenum under center so don't buy his coach speaking spin job that he's enjoying Case under center and is content sitting his new face of the franchise.

He does like his journeyman starting QB and at this juncture of the season with his Rams 3-2 needing a signature win at Detroit, Fisher is only playing the media like he always does.

If he's saying the same things in 3 weeks from now, please bump this post.. :cool:

GettyImages-612076738-1024x683.vadapt.664.high.14.jpg

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Oh come on folks... You know Fish is going to to tell the media people a sugarcoated version of what he's really thinking.. If Fisher thought with his own true convictions and advice from Weinke and Boras that Goff was ready, there is little doubt he would be starting this Sunday or even in London.

He's merely only hinting that JG's closer to ready, when in reality Fisher is still more comfortable with Case starting the the next couple games or so.

Fisher is presenting a perception that he's fine and enjoying Keenum under center so don't buy his coach speaking spin job that he's enjoying Case under center. He does like his journeyman starting QB and at this time of the season with his Rams 3-2 needing a signature win at Detroit, Fisher is only playing the media like he always does.

If he's saying the same things in 3 weeks from now, please bump this post.. :cool:

GettyImages-612076738-1024x683.vadapt.664.high.14.jpg
The look on Goff's face is priceless. It's like somebody took a kid to the Disneyland parking lot and told him he has to wait until tomorrow to go in.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I said during the off-season, in a podcast, that there was a weird dynamic between Keenum and Fisher. It's like they're BFFs, and Fisher feeds off of Keenum's excitement, as does Keenum off of Fisher's. Never saw Fisher get as animated around a QB as he does with Keenum.

Now, that said, if that's the *only* reason why Case is starting, then that's not cool.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
There you have it folks. Confirmed Goff isn't starting until new stadium is ready in 2019...