Fisher: "Jared and Sean are ready, and I'm enjoying Case under center"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
does anyone else feel like a kid on christmas and sees that giant present under the and your parents tell you uyou can open it on the 12th of never .....i just want to see what goff can do

man we arent getting much production from our rookie pool this year are we ? ....(i know long term over short term ) but my point still stands
Or maybe to some it's like they got the Christmas present they always wanted but as soon as they got it, immediate justification was supplied to take it away?
ChristmasStory.jpg

You'll shoot your eye out kid!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or maybe to some it's like they got the Christmas present they always wanted but as soon as they got it, immediate justification was supplied to take it away?
ChristmasStory.jpg

You'll shoot your eye out kid!

my question would be is the justification ...justified ? ;)

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I'm struggling with the wording.....That whole-"I'm enjoying Case Keenum under center" ....just baffling. Doesn't even sound right. Who freakin says that?

Right now I'm hoping that Fisher is still talking about football there, but I'm not sure anymore!:thinking:

Athos

Legend
:mrburnsevil::mrburnsevil::mrburnsevil::mrburnsevil::mrburnsevil::mrburnsevil::mrburnsevil:

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
my question would be is the justification ...justified ? ;)
Nice! Of course not, he only stepped on his glasses after all, but it's all in perception of course :)

I have to admit, I was a bit worried that someone from the UK may not pick up on that as I've no idea how popular that movie is across the pond, but who can resist?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Part of me realizes this is Fisher in mid season and 90% of what he says is bullcrap. The rest of me realizes that the remaining 10% is usually bat crap crazy.

Just like most coaches, he doesn't give the media anything. Most pro athletes and coaches don't trust the media and are told by their agents to say as little as possible. And you can't blame them because look what the idiot "reporters" do with guys who do give them some info or take a stance on social issues. They misconstrue and misquote WAY too often.

These guys know if they say something that sports talk radio, Twitter, Instagram and all the rest will have it twisted into a mess before the end of the day. 24 hour sports news will dissect it and will assign convoluted meanings leaving the athlete/coach to have to explain themselves.

Reporters have screwed themselves over because in the rush to be the first to tweet something they have cheapened their own business and turned it into reality show level dreck.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Fisher is cryptic at best, mentally challenged at worst, but I do not see anything from those quotes that leads me to believe that Goff is any further away from starting. If anything it seems he is greasing the skids a bit for that to happen. He is just an awkward tool behind the mic sometimes. Honestly, I think it has a lot to do with his ego. Regardless, I am not sure why some are so depressed, but maybe I missed something? Is it the fact that he still backs Case?? If so, what is he supposed to say? It IS Fisher after all.

I totally disagree, Fisher is one of the most media savvy guys around and is comfortable as hell in front of a camera and mic.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Stop hand-wringing over “Jeff Fisher” and confront the hypocrisy of empty gestures.
You can't fit a round peg in a square hole. Jared Goff is not ready.

post-64231-this-is-fine-dog-fire-comic-Im-N7mp.png
:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Oh come on folks... You know Fish is going to to tell the media people a sugarcoated version of what he's really thinking.. If Fisher thought with his own true convictions and advice from Weinke and Boras that Goff was ready, there is little doubt he would be starting this Sunday or even in London.

He's merely only hinting that JG's closer to ready, when in reality Fisher is still more comfortable with Case starting the the next couple games or so.

Fisher is presenting a perception that he's fine and enjoying Keenum under center so don't buy his coach speaking spin job that he's enjoying Case under center and is content sitting his new face of the franchise.

He does like his journeyman starting QB and at this juncture of the season with his Rams 3-2 needing a signature win at Detroit, Fisher is only playing the media like he always does.

If he's saying the same things in 3 weeks from now, please bump this post.. :cool:

GettyImages-612076738-1024x683.vadapt.664.high.14.jpg

What??? Blasphemy! Obviously Fisher isn't qualified and can't be as good at evaluating Goff as the fans.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice! Of course not, he only stepped on his glasses after all, but it's all in perception of course :)

I have to admit, I was a bit worried that someone from the UK may not pick up on that as I've no idea how popular that movie is across the pond, but who can resist?

can i let you into a secret ...i have no idea what the movies is ;)

ramsince62

Hall of Fame

i'm feeling a little sick. i have a problem with a qb who doesn't even look to pass it past the sticks on 3rd down with the game on the line. the hc is forced to fake punt on his own 25 the next play because his qb won't look down the field when the pressure is on late in the game. what is this guy's infatuation with case? i don't get it.

You don't? After 4+ yrs of Fisher Ball, you still don't get it?

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I really don't get it either. I'm starting to believe that Fisher is pulling this crap to buy himself another year. I think Fisher knows that if he can play around .500 with Case and stay in the hunt that he will get another year with the expectation of Goff being the starter next year.

If he plays Goff now and he flops Fisher and Snead don't see another year.

:help::sadwalk::violin::headexplosion:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
This is just a little thing, but I think it's an important distinction.

He didn't say, "Jared is ready, BUT I'm enjoying Case under center."
He said, "Jared is ready, AND I'm enjoying Case under center."
Words mean things. I think Fisher enjoys playing coy. I still think Goff plays soon.

Very true. Hig is non-existent, and Cooper was back last week and I saw more Thomas in there. It's down right depressing.

I believe Josh Forrest is making the biggest impact, so far. Who would have known?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Oh come on folks... You know Fish is going to to tell the media people a sugarcoated version of what he's really thinking.. If Fisher thought with his own true convictions and advice from Weinke and Boras that Goff was ready, there is little doubt he would be starting this Sunday or even in London.

He's merely only hinting that JG's closer to ready, when in reality Fisher is still more comfortable with Case starting the the next couple games or so.

Fisher is presenting a perception that he's fine and enjoying Keenum under center so don't buy his coach speaking spin job that he's enjoying Case under center and is content sitting his new face of the franchise.

He does like his journeyman starting QB and at this juncture of the season with his Rams 3-2 needing a signature win at Detroit, Fisher is only playing the media like he always does.

If he's saying the same things in 3 weeks from now, please bump this post.. :cool:

GettyImages-612076738-1024x683.vadapt.664.high.14.jpg

Saying Goff is ready doesn't aid his reasoning to not play him.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
What if Goff was injured in preseason and the Rams are covering it up? #GoffGate

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If someone forced Fisher to draft Goff, doesn't it stand to reason that that same someone would force Fisher to play Goff? Otherwise WTF?
That's a good point.