Fisher has extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How is that even possible ? This team is barely better than the Browns and are becoming the laughing stalk of the league and is no better than they were 5 years ago . All those pics and the offense is Pitiful . Are they trying to drive the fans away ?

What are they worried about? The fans will keep coming back for more. People are silly enough to show loyalty to an organization that shows them no loyalty.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
@Angry Ram

I'm sorry, but... How do you agree with the move? I'm genuinely curious.

1. Because again, it's at most, a 2 year deal. The team can opt out after next season.

2. They have a good thing going on defense.

3. Getting another coach after taking Jared Goff will stunt his development.

4. Going off #3 and #4, changing coaches means new assistants, which means new schemes, which means a total reset. I don't think this team is talent depleted enough to warrant that.

5. I like Jeff Fisher's ability to hold the team together during tough times.

6. I don't think Stan is an "all-in" owner like Bidwell, so the next best thing is to have a pure football guy like Jeff Fisher.

7. I'm only in favor of replacing coaches if they can't get their team to compete weekly and/or you can visually see on the player's they don't appreciate the coaches.

8. I live in Houston now, and I'm in favor of them canning Bill O'Brien. His demeanor, attitude (he's an ass), even not paying attention to the games, I can see all that even by watching on tv. And the results on the field reflect that. Jeff Fisher is the polar opposite of that. The problems that the Rams have can be fixed, but it's up to both coaches AND players to do it.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That news just ruined the rest of this year and takes away any hope for next year . After 40 plus years of being a fan I find myself giving less of a crap every week . This has to be a joke .

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Show one thing non factual about the post.Mr forum police.
really isn't any of your business anyway.
Actually, we rely on long time members to help keep this site from turning into a bunch of vent threads in times like this.

All I did is post that Fisher
has had 6 winning seasons out of 22
It's the added comment - not the stat.
I just have to accept the fact that the Rams have not been any good for like 23 of the last 27 years, and they are committed to losing under Fisher.
Come on man.
This. apparently stats rile panties.
Knock this shit off.

Look. I get the anger over the extension. But we are not going to allow this site to become a free for all with disrespectful posts and vents.

You can voice your displeasure and still show respect. If you can't, simply don't post until you can. If that means you post somewhere else, so be it.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3. Getting another coach after taking Jared Goff will stunt his development. Just as saying with Fisher will also mess him up.

4. Going off #3 and #4, changing coaches means new assistants, which means new schemes, which means a total reset. I don't think this team is talent depleted enough to warrant that. It's not about lack of talent. It is about recognising when an ageing coach with a proven track record of mediocrity has repeatedly shown what he is capable of and the writing is on the wall for this team under his tenure.

5. I like Jeff Fisher's ability to hold the team together during tough times. Which is perhaps his only saving grace. if it was not for his personality and his ability to bond with his team, he'd be gone already.

6. I don't think Stan is an "all-in" owner like Bidwell, so the next best thing is to have a pure football guy like Jeff Fisher. The next best thing is to have a coach who can win in spite of unimpassioned ownership, not just a washed up, long figured out, stubborn old mule.

7. I'm only in favor of replacing coaches if they can't get their team to compete weekly and/or you can visually see on the player's they don't appreciate the coaches. I'm in favour of not repeating dumb shit in life. Whether it is business, women or sport. We have enough evidence to strongly suggest the man is not capable of building a contender. That's all we need.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually, we rely on long time members to help keep this site from turning into a bunch of vent threads in times like this.

It's the added comment - not the stat.

Come on man.

Knock this crap off.

Look. I get the anger over the extension. But we are not going to allow this site to become a free for all with disrespectful posts and vents.

You can voice your displeasure and still show respect. If you can't, simply don't post until you can. If that means you post somewhere else, so be it.

503, what do you call giving a HC without a winning season in more than 4 years, and then give the guy a 2yr extension? Man, I WANT to be positive, but how else can you take that? Especially in a league where a bad 3 years normally gets a HC fired.....

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
OK. One game that's on outlier for a bad day. Yeah, that really paints the whole picture defensively.

No. I simply agree with this move. Sorry I don't follow the mob and bitch about the coach at every chance I get. My tune hasn't changed since last week. I disagree with firing him b/c it changes EVERYTHING. From assistant coaches to scheme to players. I think there is a good thing going on defense and an offesne that hopefully will find it's way with Jared and Todd.

It's at most, a 2 year extension. The team can opt out after next year. It's not like it's another 5 year deal.

But keeping fisher changes nothing.He has proven year in and year out that he is incapable of
of putting a winner on the field.The best thing for Jared Goff and this team is to get Fisher as far away as possible.
When you put up only 6 winning seasons out of 22 years of coaching it proves that during that span you have learned
nothing.His teams are completely undisciplined and that can only be blamed on the head coach.Marshall Faulk
was completely disgusted with the extension.I had rather bite the bullet with a change then continue with a coach
who will not change when he has been proven time and again that his way doesn't work.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
But keeping fisher changes nothing.He has proven year in and year out that he is incapable of
of putting a winner on the field.The best thing for Jared Goff and this team is to get Fisher as far away as possible.
When you put up only 6 winning seasons out of 22 years of coaching it proves that during that span you have learned
nothing.His teams are completely undisciplined and that can only be blamed on the head coach.Marshall Faulk
was completely disgusted with the extension.I had rather bite the bullet with a change then continue with a coach
who will not change when he has been proven time and again that his way doesn't work.
You see - while I don't like the negativity surrounding this news, this is showing that displeasure without getting personal or disrespectful to the organization or its coaches.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
503, what do you call giving a HC without a winning season in more than 4 years, and then give the guy a 2yr extension? Man, I WANT to be positive, but how else can you take that? Especially in a league where a bad 3 years normally gets a HC fired.....
I understand man. But this whole idea that the organization wants to lose or shit like that is not going to fly here. I know it doesn't make sense to many of us - including me. But we aren't going to let stuff like this go even in times like this.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
What are they worried about? The fans will keep coming back for more. People are silly enough to show loyalty to an organization that shows them no loyalty.
I hope the fans in LA stop showing up. That is really the the only thing we can do as fans to show our disapproval. Of course, that is if Kroenke even cares at all.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
8. I live in Houston now, and I'm in favor of them canning Bill O'Brien. His demeanor, attitude (he's an ass), even not paying attention to the games, I can see all that even by watching on tv. And the results on the field reflect that. Jeff Fisher is the polar opposite of that. The problems that the Rams have can be fixed, but it's up to both coaches AND players to do it.

I find this incredibly funny. The results on the field reflect Bill O'Brien needing to be fired? Bill O'Brien's record in Houston:
9-7
9-7
6-5

Meanwhile our coach can't find his fucking challenge flag.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope the fans in LA stop showing up. That is really the the only thing we can do as fans to show our disapproval. Of course, that is if Kroenke even cares at all.

The fans will show up. They always do.

tavian

disrespectful to the organization or its coaches.
This coaching staff has done nothing to earn respect.
I don't recall saying anything disrespectful about the organization
I simply posted the stats.the remark about he must enjoy losing
was not a personal attack.At least he didn't take it that way.
Maybe I should have just asked if he enjoyed losing.
Maybe that would have been a better way to put it.
But then again in this day of everyone being offended by everything
I'm sure it would offend someone.Either way it invoked a conversation that I
was wanting.I just for the life of me can not understand any other reason someone would want
Fisher to continue.
What I would caution against is people who do nothing but go around and
play forum police.That's why we have mods like you.It gets tiring when you have
people who add nothing to conversations.they just simply follow you around with
their disagree/inappropriate buttons ready to go.

tavian

1. Because again, it's at most, a 2 year deal. The team can opt out after next season.

4. Going off #3 and #4, changing coaches means new assistants, which means new schemes, which means a total reset. I don't think this team is talent depleted enough to warrant that.

6. I don't think Stan is an "all-in" owner like Bidwell, so the next best thing is to have a pure football guy like Jeff Fisher.

7. I'm only in favor of replacing coaches if they can't get their team to compete weekly and/or you can visually see on the player's they don't appreciate the coaches.

Do you see how they are killing Goff?Do you seriously want another year of this?
He may not survive another year.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do we definitely know that it's an extension as HC ? maybe they'll move him up to the FO .... only hope I got left

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This coaching staff has done nothing to earn respect.
I don't recall saying anything disrespectful about the organization
I simply posted the stats.the remark about he must enjoy losing
was not a personal attack.At least he didn't take it that way.
Maybe I should have just asked if he enjoyed losing.
Maybe that would have been a better way to put it.
But then again in this day of everyone being offended by everything
I'm sure it would offend someone.Either way it invoked a conversation that I
was wanting.I just for the life of me can not understand any other reason someone would want
Fisher to continue.
What I would caution against is people who do nothing but go around and
play forum police.That's why we have mods like you.It gets tiring when you have
people who add nothing to conversations.they just simply follow you around with
their disagree/inappropriate buttons ready to go.
For me it is less about offending someone and more about simply understanding where you are. We are not a site that allows a bunch of venting and shit talk about the organization. It is not because we agree with everything they do or are blind to what is happening. It is because we don't want that for this site. There are plenty of other sites for that and if that is all people want to do, they should go there instead. We will still be here. We won't be jealous of other boards getting these posts and the members taking their gripes there. We understand that is going to happen when we hold to our principles. And when people want to come here for what this board is about, they are more than welcome.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame

But is keeping Fisher a good thing for his development? Fisher hasn't been able to put together a good offensive staff in 5 years and isn't keen on that side of the ball himself.

Resetting the staff isn't an issue of the roster talent IMO, and this roster might not be as talented as we would like to think anyway.

Fisher can be a calming voice, but he isn't an effective one when it comes to getting this players to preform better.

Stan probably isn't the most involved guy, but I bet he can get another "pure football" coach that isn't named Jeff Fisher.

Fisher can't get this team to compete weekly. He hasn't been able to do that for 5 years, with the constant losing seasons and the inconsistent level of play.

I just don't see any benefit to this.

tavian

For me it is less about offending someone and more about simply understanding where you are. We are not a site that allows a bunch of venting and crap talk about the organization. It is not because we agree with everything they do or are blind to what is happening. It is because we don't want that for this site. There are plenty of other sites for that and if that is all people want to do, they should go there instead. We will still be here. We won't be jealous of other boards getting these posts and the members taking their gripes there. We understand that is going to happen when we hold to our principles. And when people want to come here for what this board is about, they are more than welcome.
Where did I shit talk the orginization?