Fisher has extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Lol what a joke. I don't see anyway there isn't some serious backlash from the fans if Fisher continues to run this team into the ground. I see a severe drop in attendance coming. Maybe that will get the front office's attention but who knows honestly.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I don't believe he's in danger for a minute. There's empirical evidence that Fisher's undeserving of a new contract, but Kroenke and Demoff aren't interested in results. They're still drinking the Kool-Aid of "potential" and some nebulous future.

Remaining games:

@ Patriots: LOSS
Falcons: LOSS
@ Seahawks: LOSS
49ers: WIN
Cardinals: LOSS

That puts the Rams at 5-11. And I don't think I'm wrong about this. That's a pretty accurate guess about how this team ends up.

It's VERY unlikely that Fisher pulls a Vermeil and brings in a massive offensive overhaul. Which means that any OC he picks will AGREE with his philosophy and won't change the existing offense too much...

which means we're likely still stuck with this BROKEN offense while Fisher is here and any OC brought in will be stuck tinkering with this hoopdee of a ride.

I'd love to be wrong, but I haven't been so far and it don't look good going forward. Apparently, much like an addict, they have to hit rock bottom before seeing they need help.

Here's the takeaway: AARON DONALD WON'T RESIGN HERE. Watch. It won't matter about the money. He won't want to waste his career yo-yoing between 5-11 and 7-9. The Fisher extension all, but assured that.

Bye, AD. And with that, the window on this D will start to close.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
I don't believe he's in danger for a minute. There's empirical evidence that Fisher's undeserving of a new contract, but Kroenke and Demoff aren't interested in results. They're still drinking the Kool-Aid of "potential" and some nebulous future.

Remaining games:

@ Patriots: LOSS
Falcons: LOSS
@ Seahawks: LOSS
49ers: WIN
Cardinals: LOSS

That puts the Rams at 5-11. And I don't think I'm wrong about this. That's a pretty accurate guess about how this team ends up.

It's VERY unlikely that Fisher pulls a Vermeil and brings in a massive offensive overhaul. Which means that any OC he picks will AGREE with his philosophy and won't change the existing offense too much...

which means we're likely still stuck with this BROKEN offense while Fisher is here and any OC brought in will be stuck tinkering with this hoopdee of a ride.

I'd love to be wrong, but I haven't been so far and it don't look good going forward. Apparently, much like an addict, they have to hit rock bottom before seeing they need help.

Here's the takeaway: AARON DONALD WON'T RESIGN HERE. Watch. It won't matter about the money. He won't want to waste his career yo-yoing between 5-11 and 7-9. The Fisher extension all, but assured that.

Bye, AD. And with that, the window on this D will start to close.

As we saw week 1 the 49ers arent even a given W sadly. We gave that trash team there only win of the year so far lol.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
So true, but with Kaep at QB and their O in shambles, we have a chance against them. That game against the Bears was as unwatchable as our offense.

Still, Chip Kelly is Chip Kelly and I don't put it past any HC to outcoach Fisher...

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
There is a provision in the contract that they can fire him this year and pay him for next year instead of two.

If he doesn't start winning he is done... contract extension or not.

I would sure hope so. Maybe it's a personal services contract and it doesn't specifically say his services are as the Head Coach of the Los Angeles Rams

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
No commitment to winning or concern for being an organization with a desire to compete. Is it true that Fisher's agent is Demoff's son or nephew? Allowing that should get Demoff fired.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
But keeping fisher changes nothing.He has proven year in and year out that he is incapable of
of putting a winner on the field.The best thing for Jared Goff and this team is to get Fisher as far away as possible.
When you put up only 6 winning seasons out of 22 years of coaching it proves that during that span you have learned
nothing.His teams are completely undisciplined and that can only be blamed on the head coach.Marshall Faulk
was completely disgusted with the extension.I had rather bite the bullet with a change then continue with a coach
who will not change when he has been proven time and again that his way doesn't work.

When the only argument is 6 out of 22, it wears thin to me.

But is keeping Fisher a good thing for his development? Fisher hasn't been able to put together a good offensive staff in 5 years and isn't keen on that side of the ball himself.

Yes. This coach, by what I can see, wanted him.

Resetting the staff isn't an issue of the roster talent IMO, and this roster might not be as talented as we would like to think anyway.

I don't agree here. They are plenty talented.

Fisher can be a calming voice, but he isn't an effective one when it comes to getting this players to preform better.

IDK, we've seen players leave for big money deals and have some all-pro talent here. Alec Ogletree is a good example of improving weekly after switching positions.

Stan probably isn't the most involved guy, but I bet he can get another "pure football" coach that isn't named Jeff Fisher.

IDK, those are hard to come by.

Fisher can't get this team to compete weekly. He hasn't been able to do that for 5 years, with the constant losing seasons and the inconsistent level of play.

Are they inconsistent? Yes. But, for the most part, compete week in and out. I never once under Jeff Fisher after a loss had a feeling the team was gonna play half-assed the following week.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
It means a whole damn lot of something. If the crap play this year didn't stop them, next to nothing will. Even if he does get fired, he doesn't deserve to leach more money from the team.

But most of all, it speaks to the complete lack of savvy in this organization.

Which points directly towards Kevin Demoff

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Fisher won't last, he will be canned before the end of the contract. The only thing that can save his job is winning and he doesn't know how. The Rams will continue to lose by large numbers because the players have lost faith in him and in his system. They will start next season by losing just like they will end this one by losing. The fans will scream, the press will scream and the league will laugh. Stan will be forced to rip up the contract and replace him. Probably by week 5 of 2017. Did you see him searching for his review flag today? He is a loser and will continue to lose.

FRO

Legend
I know people get upset when I say Demoff needs to go too, but he does. He runs the organization. He holds responsibility with all of them. To reward mediocrity is something bad organizations do. The Rams are a bad organization.

lockdnram21

Legend
I know people get upset when I say Demoff needs to go too, but he does. He runs the organization. He holds responsibility with all of them. To reward mediocrity is something bad organizations do. The Rams are a bad organization.
I just cant believe the extension been done since before preseason

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Only 22 shoot me clicks?

I thought there would be hundreds, or even thousands.

FRO

Legend
I just cant believe the extension been done since before preseason
It's the same organization that gave Foles an extension before seeing him on the field, an extension to Tavon Austin which he didn't earn. It's just a bad organization. It's why they are perennial losers.