Fisher has extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is a provision in the contract that they can fire him this year and pay him for next year instead of two.

If he doesn't start winning he is done... contract extension or not.

There is hope. I, personally, am tired of Fisher's antics. Making Robinson inactive last week (in front of his hometown no less) and placing oft-injured Saffold at left tackle was ludicrous, as was the feud with Dickerson. The front office has to be embarrassed. I have never wanted the Rams to lose before, but the quote above will make it easier to accept. This team needs a new identity.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just two things occur to me this morning.

1) Clearly, nobody has told Kroenke and Demoff about Einstein's definition of insanity.

2) You can't fix stupid.

Extending Fisher was the ONE thing that I was sure that the Rams wouldn't do.

My "give a damn" is now officially broken, y'all.

Just a little history lesson for all that don't know...

Even though Einstein has been given credit for that quote... as have Twain and Franklin... he said himself that "I probably never said that".

So it's a great quote, but no one is really sure who can claim it as their own.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
@Ramlock
Since when do actual stats become inappropriate ?
When you don't want to see reality.
Denial.jpg

tavian

Just a little history lesson for all that don't know...

Even though Einstein has been given credit for that quote... as have Twain and Franklin... he said himself that "I probably never said that".

So it's a great quote, but no one is really sure who can claim it as their own.
appropriate for this morning.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
:rolllaugh::rolllaugh::rolllaugh::rolllaugh: Tried to tell you guys but no I didn't know what I was talking about :rolllaugh::rolllaugh::rolllaugh: .

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I thought it was going to happen. Even though I'm not excited about this, the speculation and drama whether he is/was going to get an extension is now over. Everyone, including myself, can continue to piss and moan about the state of the franchise, but the only thing that's important right now is finishing the season with some momentum. I have to believe there will be some momentous changes coming after the season is over with the offensive coaching staff which hopefully was a condition of his extension. This team will never get better with the same offensive coaching staff. We have some very talented players, but the Boras, and the other coaches can't seem to figure out the best way to utilize the talent. Some guys are good head coaches, some good coordinators, and some are good just being a position coach. I don't think we have the right mix of offensive coaches. Fisher and Snead need to find coaches to get the offense working at all positions. We see Goff's potential, now they need to build around him with both great coaches and better talent. It's a total waste of a draft pick if Fisher and Snead think we have the right coaches on offense. Time to cut ties with Boras and company and bring in coaches who will get the offense going and score points. This plus get the O-Line issues figured out.

tavian

Personal attacks are inappropriate.....you went personal on Angry

Post all the stats you want.....
Just stating the facts Mr. thread police.
I will be sure to run all my post by you in the future

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
What great timing this franchise has. Extension right after we get man handled by the Saints. Remember the announced extension right after the 49ers beat down? lol wtf Im starting to think we need changes from the top down. Its like a big happy losing family in the FO. Were officially the Browns of the NFC.

giphy.gif

DthOn2Legs

Rookie
Kroenke obviously hasn't seen what Levi looks like after it was opened less than two years ago. Coliseum will look just as bad from here on out. Book it.

The Rams are simply dysfunctional. And haven't cared what fans want since Rosenbloom was mur'...I mean, since he passed away.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Which raises an interesting question about the contract: Why was the news of it leaked today?.................................Then there’s the fact that the news was leaked only a few hours before the Rams face the Patriots, a franchise that has beaten Jeff Fisher-coached teams by the combined score of 104-7 in their past two encounters. Squatting on the secretly-signed contract until after the Patriots hang another 40 or 50 on the Rams would have made it a lot harder to justify the move.
The Pats game is the reason ....I would guess it's an attempt to fire the masses....If you've followed the ED story, he basically laid down the gauntlet that Fish should go, for him to walk the sidelines. Several players have backed ED in saying he's still good with them. Specifically Aaron Donald. I bet this is a play to ensure that there's no rift & or lack of effort in this game. Blowout here...really kills this announcement. I'm thinking the effort should be a lil better without a lame-duck coach that's been publicly feuding with a local hero. Give him some stability...Let his voice carry some weight.
This could backfire...Say we lose 66-3, it would send a message that no matter how long Fish is here, our core players won't play for him.