Fisher has extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
"This team will amount to nothing under Fisher"

This team will amount to nothing under kronke.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I feel like that guy in Dumb and Dumber ... you mean there's a chance? And I hate being that way, because I have no personal animosity toward Fisher and do want the Rams to play well and win down the stretch. But i just don't think he is going to be able to get the Rams over the hump, and I think keeping him just in the name of stability really doesn't achieve that with all the uncertainty that will surround the team now - it just kicks the can of true stability down the road.

If nothing else, I hope I wake up the morning after the season finale and find out that Boras is gone and that Fisher has a plan to go get a real OC ... and then get the hell out of the way. If this year hasn't given him the epiphany that he needs to change his approach to offense, then he - and the Rams as long as he's here - are beyond hopeless.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
2016 cannot end fast enough, worst year ever. I'm afraid to go to the doctors, I'll just wait until january. But seriously though, I'm still going to watch and root for this team.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I just read it @ NFL.com. Ruined my day. I guess I can start making fishing trip plans on Sundays.

Really puts a damper on expectations for the Rams the next two years.

Well, if you catch to many "Fish", at least you know where you can dump some.. Ok, looking for a joke here, but not turning out to well. My feeble attempt at humor my man. :cool:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
giphy.gif

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Bye bye season tickets. Back to the couch next year. 4 winning seasons in 25 years and choices like this are reason why IMO. This is one of the riskiest moves the franchise can make while trying to reestablish themselves in LA. I have no hope of any sort of consistent success under Fisher.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My prediction for the Offensive Staff Next Season:

Offensive Coordinator...Norv Turner
Quarterback Coach...Greg Olson
Offensive Line Coach...Rob Boras

The rest will stay the same IMO, with WR Coach Mike Groh (no longer passing game coordinator), Skip Peete (RB Coach) and John Lily (TE Coach).

Montanaramfan

Rookie
Those of us hoping for a new OC may as well forget it. If it took Goff this long to master this junior high offense the Rams aren't going to bring a new guy in with a new system. That's exactly what happened to Bradford and look at his career.

I'm speechless over this news this morning. Not sure I've ever felt so hopeless about this team and, as you all know, we've had some crappy seasons to sit through. The problem with this organization is that nobody holds anyone accountable. Fisher, being the player's coach he is, always makes excuses (until the lone action he took last week benching GRob in front of his family) for his players and Kronke makes excuses for his coach. Yeah, I get it, the Rams had to practice at several different places, etc. but that did't seem to affect their performance at the beginning of the season. Boras and Fisher have lost more than a handful of games for this team—winnable games that we were in until the fourth quarter. I hope you ticket holders show up in force next week with bags on your heads and greet Fisher with boos when he runs into the stadium. I'll be with there with you in spirit.

…..

Legend
What does it say about the state of affairs when the extension was not announced when it happened???

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Even if Jeff Fisher brings in an offensive coordinator with total autotomy Fisher will still blow it with offensive draft picks. For example, in the 2014 draft, discounting any Cleveland Brown pick, if Fisher had thrown a dart at the top 15 players besides Robinson he would have done better than Robinson. Some of those players include...Sammy Watkins, Jake Mathews, Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Jr., Blake Bortles, Khalil Mack, Anthony Barr, Eric Ebron, Taylor Lewlan, Kyle Fuller, Ryan Shazier, Zack Martin and yes Aaron Donald.

Offensive players have got to be smarter than instinctual defensive players. Robinson, Quick, and even Tavon Austin have struggled with the playbook and footwork. How hard can it be for a super athlete to run a precise pass pattern. Offensive projects with low intelligence begat colossal busts.

On the positive side of life. How about this far fetched theory? Stan is setting a honey trap to catch the best head coach ever! What do you mean Ramsey? Besides the perks of coaching in the 2nd biggest media market as a head coach for the Rams you are assured JOB SECURITY. Confident head coach candidates got to be thinking, "

"If Stan K. won't fire Fisher after a numbing, frustrating, five years of mediocrity than he won't fire me. I'll be set for life. I'll be a NFL coaching legend! Hollywood Dynasty here we come! Whoo-hoo!"

I got a golden jacket
I got a golden ticket!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwDMqeooZOA

You got to admit Fisher's legendary job security will attract head coaches like flies on honey!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
A lot of you posters may not know it, but Den surely does. Jeff Fisher and Mike Shanahan are close friends and have been for years. Of all the potential OC's out there who Fisher might give total control to as OC, Mike Shanahan would be on the top of that list. If hired as OC, Shanahan would surely be made assistant HC, 2nd in command behind Fish.

Mike Shanahan is also friends with Rams owner Stan Kroenke. When Shanahan was HC of the Broncos, he often was seen at McNichols Arena for Nuggets games (owned by Rams owner Kroenke) sitting in Kroenke's personel suite as Kroenke's guest.

I'm not claiming any inside info, just pointing out these folks have spent time together outside of foodball, and I can't imagine them NOT conversing about football philosophy and exchanging their views making Mike Shanahan a potential candidate for OC and maybe even follow Fisher as HC.

Given Mike Shanahan's HC record and SB rings, I would welcome his hire by Rams.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Shanahan hasn't been an OC in twenty years.

I don't think he has any interest in going back to that.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Given Mike Shanahan's HC record and SB rings, I would welcome his hire by Rams.

I concur and he would be my number one choice even though I think it will be Turner, but I could see this happening as many people feel Shanahan has a chance to be a Head Coach, but I don't think that will happen IMHO.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Beyond strange.

Both the decision to retain Fisher and then the attempt to conceal that fact.

I wonder what Snead's status is?

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
@sjm1582002
Rams extend Les Snead, too

Posted by Mike Florio on December 4, 2016, 10:58 AM EST
460753458-e1480867072733.jpg
Getty Images
Rams coach Jeff Fisher isn’t the only guy who has gotten a new contract in L.A. G.M. Les Snead has a new deal, too.

PFT has confirmed that the new contract for the coach coincides with a new contract for the General Manager.

Snead, who was hired in 2012 from the Falcons front office, has worked closely with Fisher over the past five years. The fact that Fisher was hired before Snead created the impression that Fisher runs the show, and that Snead sets the table for the draft and free agency.

Snead presumably has a two-year extension as well. It’s unclear whether the extension previously was in place, but given that Fisher’s was, it’s safe to assume Snead’s was, too.

At least there is some good news this morning.At least for me.