Fisher has extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Until I see something from the Rams or Fisher acknowledging the extension I have no comment other than my signature.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Good. Get some stability for a bit. This allows Jared to develop and keeps the defense in-tact. A new coach would've brought changes everywhere, including D where it is already good.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I love the Rams.
I love Fisher.
I love lamp.
raw

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Good. Get some stability for a bit. This allows Jared to develop and keeps the defense in-tact. A new coach would've brought changes everywhere, including D where it is already good.
Rams vs Saints
Final - Sunday, November 27, 1:00 PM
Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana
upload_2016-12-4_11-52-57.png

Los Angeles
Rams
(4-7)
upload_2016-12-4_11-52-57.png

New Orleans
Saints
(5-6)

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Just two things occur to me this morning.

1) Clearly, nobody has told Kroenke and Demoff about Einstein's definition of insanity.

2) You can't fix stupid.

Extending Fisher was the ONE thing that I was sure that the Rams wouldn't do.

My "give a damn" is now officially broken, y'all.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Tx for the updates Tavian and Tempest

Glad to see Snead staying as he has been the best, by far, the Rams have had at that position since Armey.

Let's hope he can find some desperately needed offensive linemen in this year's draft or through FA.

Last edited:

Ellard80

Legend
There is a provision in the contract that they can fire him this year and pay him for next year instead of two.

If he doesn't start winning he is done... contract extension or not.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Yea that's exactly what we need.
A coach who in 22 seasons of coaching
has produced 6 winning seasons.
You must enjoy losing.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The Rams extend Fisher - are too embarrassed to announce it while they are on a losing streak - finally get to the point of the season where they may not have another win for a while - if at all this year - decide to let the news slip on a Sunday morning - and are now saying that just because they extended him doesn't mean that they are actually going to let him coach next year - that he is still on the hot seat. Who is running this monkeyshit operation?

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Those of us hoping for a new OC may as well forget it. If it took Goff this long to master this junior high offense the Rams aren't going to bring a new guy in with a new system. That's exactly what happened to Bradford and look at his career.

I'm speechless over this news this morning. Not sure I've ever felt so hopeless about this team and, as you all know, we've had some crappy seasons to sit through. The problem with this organization is that nobody holds anyone accountable. Fisher, being the player's coach he is, always makes excuses (until the lone action he took last week benching GRob in front of his family) for his players and Kronke makes excuses for his coach. Yeah, I get it, the Rams had to practice at several different places, etc. but that did't seem to affect their performance at the beginning of the season. Boras and Fisher have lost more than a handful of games for this team—winnable games that we were in until the fourth quarter. I hope you ticket holders show up in force next week with bags on your heads and greet Fisher with boos when he runs into the stadium. I'll be with there with you in spirit.

I don't really see how bags and booing is helpful in any way, but to each his or her own...Buying a ticket gives you that right...

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
What quality OC is going to hitch onto this mess??

If the situation is right, Mike Martz said he would be interested in coaching again. I doubt this would be the right situation for him, but $$$ does talk. He also likes Goff a lot. That said, I agree with what's been said here. Fisher got the extension and has time to right the ship. If he doesn't, we'll see a new coach when new stadium opens to make a bigger splash of it. Here's a link to the Martz interview. Pretty good interview regardless. It starts around the 24 minute mark. The show prior to that is nothing but trash talk.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...tm_campaign=Feed:+2-sport-town+(2+Sport+Town)