First Take: Seattle Michael Robinson Talks Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't be in denial about Bradford's play.He has done nothing compared to A. Luck. I would have loved to see him in horns.
I think RG111's rookie year,Rams would have made it to playoff.Cam Newton at half the salary,but even he would have been better.
Wilson's rookie year vs Bradford at anytime would have been better, because he can get out of the pocket & keep the chains moving.Same with Kap from 49ers.He came in when Alex Smith got hurt & had The Rams beat,only to have there kicker miss a some what chippy.He never looked back & took them to The SuperBowl.
Now I believe in Sam Bradford and love his work ethic & upside.He can be a special QB,but has only teased Ram fans at best.

Colin Kaepernick would look terrible here. Luck is overrated. I'm not sure how RGIII would have looked. Newton is a freak. He would have been okay. Wilson would have been less impressive than he has been but solid.

FRO

Legend
Don't be in denial about Bradford's play.He has done nothing compared to A. Luck. I would have loved to see him in horns.
I think RG111's rookie year,Rams would have made it to playoff.Cam Newton at half the salary,but even he would have been better.
Wilson's rookie year vs Bradford at anytime would have been better, because he can get out of the pocket & keep the chains moving.Same with Kap from 49ers.He came in when Alex Smith got hurt & had The Rams beat,only to have there kicker miss a some what chippy.He never looked back & took them to The SuperBowl.
Now I believe in Sam Bradford and love his work ethic & upside.He can be a special QB,but has only teased Ram fans at best.
Those guys didn't start games with the likes of Jason Brown, Jacob Bell, Jason Smith, Adam Golberg, Wayne Hunter, Barry Richardson, Robert Turner, Quinn Ojinnakka, Chris Williams, Shelly Smith being key parts of the offensive line. Think about that. Those guys were well below average linemen. Then throw in the fact that Bradford's best receivers were Mark Clayton, Danario Alexander, and Danny Amendola. All three missed huge time due to injury. Brandon Gibson was the most consistent receiver Bradford has. Also he had to learn three different offenses his first three years. In 2014 Eli Manning will just be starting with his second offense. The circumstances Bradford has had to endure have been tough. Only Alex Smith, David Carr, and Eric Couch can compare. Two of those 3 guys were on expansion teams. Our offensive talent was as bad as an expansion team. That's what makes it very difficult to compare QBs.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If this talk of Sam being "soft" was coming from a teammate I think we would have an issue. It is not.
Although highly unlikely that they feel that way about their QB...

But, even if they had some creeping doubts... ever so slight, do you think they would ever utter one word of what they were thinking?

Not likely... so, I guess what I'm saying is that silence form teamates isn't an endorsement in my eyes.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I hope Sam Bradford watches this. Being called 'soft' has to be one of the worst things a fellow competitor can say about you. I'd love for him to shove it in their face. I hate the freaking Seahawks.
Sam couldn't care less of what the media says about him. He says he doesn't read the paper, watch the news, etc.

If you look at Sam Bradford's 4 years in the league, I doubt there is a quarterback that has been protected by so many different offensive lineman. It would also be difficult to find a QB that has thrown to so many pass catchers. It can't be easy to be on the same page as everyone when you're throwing to a different guy each week.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
"4 quarters, 60 minutes. We beat the absolute SHIT out of these ASSHOLES!!!!!!! Let's fuckin win today!!!!!"

1, 2, 3 KICK ASS!!!!

:lifting::lifting::lifting::lifting:

2:28

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It's a good point only in the sense that if you manage to put a lot of pressure on ANY QB, they'll tend to start throwing it up there more.

That doesn't mean Bradford's "soft" though. Moron.
Just so we're clear on this, I was referring to Robinson as a moron here. Not any poster here.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Although highly unlikely that they feel that way about their QB...

But, even if they had some creeping doubts... ever so slight, do you think they would ever utter one word of what they were thinking?

Not likely... so, I guess what I'm saying is that silence form teamates isn't an endorsement in my eyes.
Are you saying you haven't heard his teammates endorsing him?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
"4 quarters, 60 minutes. We beat the absolute crap out of these ASSHOLES!!!!!!! Let's freakin win today!!!!!"

1, 2, 3 KICK ASS!!!!

:lifting::lifting::lifting::lifting:

2:28

1. I love AP, good route runner, great hands and tough as nails.
2. What more do fans expect from Sam in the "rah rah" sense?

SWMO Fan

UDFA
Name
Mike
I am kind of taken back by the defensiveness in here...This interview stoked me..As a player in the NFL that played the Ram recently, knows more than idiots interviewing him (Steven A. Smith and the other guy). He had one criticism about Bradford, but all the rest was admiration for our Rams....I guess Bradford is touchy subject.....

You "guess" Bradford is a touchy subject? lol I agree with your post. A true fan who understands football would have to be pumped when a player from one of our biggest rivals has so many good things to say about our team. I should also point out that Robinson was reluctant to comment on Sam until he was goaded to do so by the hosts. It appears that many Rams fans can't accept even the slightest criticism of Bradford. And based on the comments I have read here many don't know what Robinson was referring to when he mentioned soft. He wasn't referring to physical toughness.

SWMO Fan

UDFA
Name
Mike
I like Sam Bradford, but everything Robinson said is true whether you like it or not. Sam doesn't throw many INT's but he WILL eventually make a mistake if you pressure him enough.

People have to bear in mind that Robinson was commenting on Sam based on his performances against the Seahawks. Sam has played 6 games against them in his career and other than his first start against them in his rookie season, his play against Seattle has been dismal. In Sam's first game against them Sam had 2 TDs vs. 1 INT, and a very decent 84.3 passer rating in a Rams victory. However, once the Seahawks had him figured out and began putting pressure on him; he has only 2 TDs vs. 5 INTs, and a passer rating of around 60. The Rams are 1 -4 against the Seahawks in those games. Sam was coming on strong last season when he got injured and didn't have an opportunity to play against Seattle. We will never know how Sam may have performed against them last year, but we can look forward to our Rams kicking their butts this season. That is my hope anyway.

To put things in perspective, Peyton Manning looked pretty sorry in the Super Bowl.

AZRamsFan93

Honest?! Taken seriously?! How can you when he says "if we get after him he'll throw it up"? INTs have never been an issue with Sam. A competent, experienced surrounding cast has.
Please stop throwing the entire team under the bus in defense of the QB.

The player was asked not just HIS opinion, but that of his teammates. He shared it, although it was clear he wanted to NOT share it.

We should just accept what he is saying. Sam should use it as fuel to improve his game.

AZRamsFan93

You "guess" Bradford is a touchy subject? lol I agree with your post. A true fan who understands football would have to be pumped when a player from one of our biggest rivals has so many good things to say about our team. I should also point out that Robinson was reluctant to comment on Sam until he was goaded to do so by the hosts. It appears that many Rams fans can't accept even the slightest criticism of Bradford. And based on the comments I have read here many don't know what Robinson was referring to when he mentioned soft. He wasn't referring to physical toughness.
Only he knows what he means exactly, but I get the impression that he means that Sam plays scared.

I hate to say it, but that is my observation as well.

That may be because he is shell shocked, or that he never faced this kind of pressure in high school and college, but he needs to learn how to deal with the NFL. There WILL BE PRESSURE on nearly every play.

jjab360

Legend

The player was asked not just HIS opinion, but that of his teammates. He shared it, although it was clear he wanted to NOT share it.

We should just accept what he is saying. Sam should use it as fuel to improve his game.
It's pretty much undeniable that during his entire career here Sam has had an inexperienced supporting cast, and it's arguable that they've been pretty incompetent as well. When you compare his supporting cast to what his peers around the league have had to work with, I wouldn't call it throwing them under the bus, simply stating facts.

I'm also confused on why I should just "accept" what Robinson is saying, when I mostly don't agree with it. Sam has never just "thrown the other team the ball when under pressure" or whatever, if anything I'd say it's the exact opposite. Sam has been extremely cautious and some would say overly conservative in avoiding turnovers, so I'm not quite sure Robinson was speaking from a position of some super secret inside knowledge when it comes to this subject.

AZRamsFan93

Sam is a pure pocket passer who CAN make get outside and throw on the run. I can see the "soft" they're talkin' about. He doesn't have the most fluid body movements. But let's face it, here. The media is betting heavily on Seattle and SF to take this division. If the Rams take it then they look like a bunch of blabbering idiots. They're a sensitive bunch...
Michael Robinson is not in the media. He is a player.

AZRamsFan93

EVERYBODY has receivers my friend.

We HAD Gilyard and Salas and Mike Sims-Walker and Clayton and Hoo Hoo and Bajemi and Akexander and on and on and on.

Naming names means crap too me and should you too.

Washington WENT ANG GOT GARÇON THEN DJAX, THOSE ARE WRS!

Indy kept Wayne drafted Fleener AND Allen, and signed Hakeem Nicks, and did I mention they hired Lucks coach as OC?!?!

That is how you surround a young QB with talent.

What they Rams have done, going on five years now, is continually throw crap at the wall to see what sticks!

I love Austin but Quick sucks, Givens? Pettis? Really? Now Britt is my new "hope" and I like Bsiley but he's only had 17 catches ANd is already on strike one with substance abuse program.
Wow.

You get upset at people criticizing Sam?

You might want to start defending some of the other players rather than throw them all under the bus.

Michael Robinson was asked a question. He reluctantly answered the question. I believe that he was not lying. Ranting on this board won't change what the Seahawks think of Sam.

Only Sam can do that.

AZRamsFan93

I hope Sam Bradford watches this. Being called 'soft' has to be one of the worst things a fellow competitor can say about you. I'd love for him to shove it in their face. I hate the freaking Seahawks.
My thoughts exactly!

It is up to Sam!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He's right.

BigRamFan was just sharing his opinion. We should just accept what he's saying.

AZRamsFan93

It's pretty much undeniable that during his entire career here Sam has had an inexperienced supporting cast, and it's arguable that they've been pretty incompetent as well. When you compare his supporting cast to what his peers around the league have had to work with, I wouldn't call it throwing them under the bus, simply stating facts.

I'm also confused on why I should just "accept" what Robinson is saying, when I mostly don't agree with it. Sam has never just "thrown the other team the ball when under pressure" or whatever, if anything I'd say it's the exact opposite. Sam has been extremely cautious and some would say overly conservative in avoiding turnovers, so I'm not quite sure Robinson was speaking from a position of some super secret inside knowledge when it comes to this subject.
True, you don't have to accept what he says. You could ask him to retract his statements. You could also deny he said them, I guess.

He was asked a question. He answered it.

I wonder if Sam's receivers feel like they haven't had a great supporting cast?

AZRamsFan93

This straw man seems sadly familiar.
There is no need to get into personal attacks.

I am not misrepresenting what the poster was saying. He was stating that Sam's lack of "a supporting cast" (also known as the rest of the team) was the main reason for Sam's less than stellar play.

You may consider his opinion on this matter as a fact, but that does not mean that I do.

My opinion is that the offense, as a whole, has not played well over the past 4 years. Sam has contributed to that poor play. He is not absolved from it as he is a member, nay, the LEADER of the offense. Leaders do NOT get the right to blame the rest of their team when things go poorly.

LEADERS step up and take responsibility.

I am sure, actually, that Sam does just that.

It is just some posters on internet boards that refuse to expect it.