First Take: Seattle Michael Robinson Talks Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Eff him...Seems like somebody's scared...Can't wait to kick their arse!!!!! Let's go, this belongs in the bulletin board thread....Put it up there PrimeTime!

RFIP

Soft is getting your ACL torn?

How about the high ankle sprain?

Let's talk about that one, you remember? He did NOT have the surgery Eli did, rather on a crap team during a crap season he taped it up and came back and PLAYED some more.

Oh and how about when he broke his collar bone in college? I'm sure you remember how that went down but allow me to update everyone in the room.

AFTER he broke it vs BYU he came back and played one game, before the clean break vs Texas.

Yep sounds like a softy to me.

BD-TomCat

Rookie
I actually agree with him. He aint scared but he does recognize talent. Bradford does need to play better under pressure. some of it is recievers and some of it is him. But he has to up his game under pressure and make teams pay for bringing the blitz. the online this year should help that out alot

BD-TomCat

Rookie
Soft is getting your ACL torn?

How about the high ankle sprain?

Let's talk about that one, you remember? He did NOT have the surgery Eli did, rather on a crap team during a crap season he taped it up and came back and PLAYED some more.

Oh and how about when he broke his collar bone in college? I'm sure you remember how that went down but allow me to update everyone in the room.

AFTER he broke it vs BYU he came back and played one game, before the clean break vs Texas.

Yep sounds like a softy to me.

I dont think he ment soft physically. He was talking soft mentally. If we bring the pressure he will throw it up to us.

RFIP

I actually agree with him. He aint scared but he does recognize talent. Bradford does need to play better under pressure. some of it is recievers and some of it is him. But he has to up his game under pressure and make teams pay for bringing the blitz. the online this year should help that out alot

Just how do you make teams play for blitzing if your receivers can't win down field? :sleep:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I tried to transcribe his words
Michael Robinson (Hawk FB)
It's a tough division

I really think the surprise of the division is gonna be the St Louis Rams. If BRadford
can ever get his self together..they have weapons on offense...Toughest Front Seven
on Defense in the NFL..Robert Quinn and Long on the edge. You have to keep attacking
there.. You have to be back there to chip them...they create havoc They kinda dictate
what schemes you run against them

Bradford is a little soft... We can send the dogs after him and he'll throw us the ball.
We understand that if we can move him off his spot..kind of jam his recievers. That guy
Austin is an awesome playmaker..He needs to slow the game down a little bit, and
he'll be awesome

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I would love to see how "hard" Russell Wilson would have been had he been drafted into Sams shoes.

Or ANY other QB for that matter.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guy was honest, and his analysis as a competitor should be taken seriously..Eff Skip Bayless

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Guy was honest, and his analysis as a competitor should be taken seriously..Eff Skip Bayless
Honest?! Taken seriously?! How can you when he says "if we get after him he'll throw it up"? INTs have never been an issue with Sam. A competent, experienced surrounding cast has.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It's a good point only in the sense that if you manage to put a lot of pressure on ANY QB, they'll tend to start throwing it up there more.

That doesn't mean Bradford's "soft" though. Moron.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Im still behind him 100% going into this year but does need to improve. BUT IMO I think he's just simply regressed since his rookie year. he was a natural year one! what happened? the team disintegrated and after years of physical punishment, lack of surrounding talent its gotten to his head and this is what happens after a couple years but was finally shaking out the cobwebs beginning of last year.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I agree with everything he says.

Not me.
Since when has Bradford turned the ball over consistently under pressure?
He said "we know that we can send the dogs after him and he'll throw us the ball.."
Say what you want about Sam, but turning the ball over he does NOT do that often.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
INTs have never been an issue with Sam. A competent, experienced surrounding cast has.

Agreed. Sams inheritance was the worst possible situation for a QB to come in to.
Robinsons QB had a nearly perfect situation to walk in to. It is what it is.

I might be alone on this, but IMO the most impressive, exciting thing about Bradford is that here we are going in to year 5 and he isn't ruined.
Its amazing actually. He still has all the talent, still is capable of reaching the upper echelon of passers in the NFL, has shown the ability to continue to improve his game....DESPITE the fact that he has not yet had an imaginative play caller, a legitimate go-to WR (scattered games from Clayton, Lloyd and Amendola do NOT count) or an offensive line that can instill confidence in their QB. They have shown the ability to maintain a pocket from time to time recently and had some nice moments with Long and Barksdale at tackle. (Thanks Coach Beaudreau!)

Sam might not ever live up to his #1 overall selection and contract.
Even if he somehow wins a SB, his career might still come up short of the hype and expectations that go along with that high of a selection. Its just the way many fans view the game.

Its possible he will never show more than being solid.
But he still has as good or better a chance to be great as any QB that has come out since him IMO.
When I think of him hitting the open market and finding his way to an OC and WR corps that are waiting for him and his arm, I shudder. I don't ever want to see that. This guy could still become a very dangerous passer.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Im still behind him 100% going into this year but does need to improve. BUT IMO I think he's just simply regressed since his rookie year. he was a natural year one! what happened? the team disintegrated and after years of physical punishment, lack of surrounding talent its gotten to his head and this is what happens after a couple years but was finally shaking out the cobwebs beginning of last year.
2010 - Simple conservative game plan that bore in mind that we really didn't have much in the way of talent yet.

2011 - Horrific injury situation on the offensive line causes him to be beaten up. Also, OC's scheme is neither simple nor conservative despite the fact talent is still an issue.

2012 - 3rd year, 3rd OC, 2nd coach. No time to settle in a system.

2013 - Freak injury.

Sure, some will call these excuses. I call them valid reasons. If he doesn't produce this year though, I think the Rams will look elsewhere even if it's very arguably not his fault, as next year (after this one) is his contract year.

RamsFan14

Starter
Talk about a polarizing athlete... This is something else... If we win a SB with SB at QB, he'd be worth every penny IMO, that's a dream come true in my eyes.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I might be alone on this, but IMO the most impressive, exciting thing about Bradford is that here we are going in to year 5 and he isn't ruined.
Its amazing actually. He still has all the talent, still is capable of reaching the upper echelon of passers in the NFL, has shown the ability to continue to improve his game....DESPITE the fact that he has not yet had an imaginative play caller, a legitimate go-to WR (scattered games from Clayton, Lloyd and Amendola do NOT count) or an offensive line that can instill confidence in their QB. They have shown the ability to maintain a pocket from time to time recently and had some nice moments with Long and Barksdale at tackle. (Thanks Coach Beaudreau!)
I also think this, but I also think it curses him. That he's still got the talent and hasn't become shell shocked and useless like Bulger did leads to half the down talk he gets, because they see the flashes of talent and they wonder why he doesn't just do it all the time, sprinkle his magic pixie QB dust on the team and make them play good, instead of waiting for them to pull their head out of their asses and do something. Bulger used to get absolutely shit on, until he started pulling puppy dog eyes and deteriorating, then everybody started feeling sorry for him.

Doesn't help that he's one of the last vestiges of the old CBA, so he has unreasonable hype thrown on him because he owes it to the Rams to pay them back for all the money they threw at him. Bradford could be solid as a rock and I still wonder if people will let up on him simply because of the crazy expectations the world heaped on him.

jjab360

Legend
Keep in mind that Michael Robinson is a FULLBACK not a defensive player. Therefore, his take on any offensive player should probably be taken with a grain of salt seeing as he isn't in those defensive meetings and hasn't actually played against the Rams offense.