First Take: Seattle Michael Robinson Talks Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I agree with everything he said... and how could any of us discount what a player things about another? I've said all along Sam doesn't have "it" mentally. And I have questioned his mental toughness. Robinson even went as far as soon the look he has... lol I've noticed that too. But under pressure Sam probably won't throw many ints but he will fold like a baby instead of trying to buy time more than not. Be honest Sam isn't a tough guy and he doesn't carry himself like that so why put a different jacket on the guy? Robinson has respect for the rams as u heard him give the dl, talon austin, and the team props. He just questions Sam like a lot of us do and it is rightfully so. I'm glad I heard a player tell the truth about Bradford. I'm in his corner as long as he is a ram but to me he needs everything to be completely perfect for him to really ascend.

A55VA6

Legend
I like Sam Bradford, but everything Robinson said is true whether you like it or not. Sam doesn't throw many INT's but he WILL eventually make a mistake if you pressure him enough.

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
My take was that Bulger and Warner looked like different players entirely when the Rams could no longer block defensive pass rushes. Still to this day I cringe at every 7 step drop anticipating a big hit. Effective play action and a strong running game changes everything for a QB. Look what happened to Russel Wilson when we played him and had all those sacks...didn't see anyone calling him soft but instead put the criticism on their O-Line. Nothing really different in my analysis when things break down for Bradford.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Sam is a pure pocket passer who CAN make get outside and throw on the run. I can see the "soft" they're talkin' about. He doesn't have the most fluid body movements. But let's face it, here. The media is betting heavily on Seattle and SF to take this division. If the Rams take it then they look like a bunch of blabbering idiots. They're a sensitive bunch...

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Gents in what year in any of the last 10-13 years have you heard this hype about our team before TC?! Our division opponents realize our talent and we are going to be in a brawl for the whole season! I can't f'n wait!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
It's put up or shut up for Bradford, I can see the softness in him mentally where he's hesitant to make some of the throws that could've been easily made. Let's hope Clemens's mental toughness rubbed off on him, he may have been terrible from a talent standpoint but he sure had 10x the pocket presence.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The one thing he knows from experience is who he faces, and he raved about our front seven,before the addition of Aaron Donald,,as far as the soft shit, who isn't soft compared to an NFL fullback ,IMO every QB in this division is soft compared to Micheal Robinson and he'd say the same about Palmer, Kaepernick and Wilson if he wasn't a team mate,to him everyone elses QB is a pussy,on that I just consider the source and go on,to a guy who seeks contact on every play he doesn't understand those who don't.
I was once a Mike Lb ,they had me play QB,I went back to Mike as fast as I could,QB is no country for old men,when a QB suddenly goes over the hill,it's because he lost the special kind of guts it takes to play with ONE HAND to fend off attackers and the whole other team out to kill you.

So those of ya'll who think he's soft ,the guy who coached Steve McNair ,one of the toughest SOB's ever to play the game is satisfied with Sam,I doubt he'd accept "soft".

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It's put up or shut up for Bradford, I can see the softness in him mentally where he's hesitant to make some of the throws that could've been easily made. Let's hope Clemens's mental toughness rubbed off on him, he may have been terrible from a talent standpoint but he sure had 10x the pocket presence.
I didn't notice any special pocket presence from Clemens. He looked like he was playing in fast forward half the time.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keep in mind that Michael Robinson is a FULLBACK not a defensive player. Therefore, his take on any offensive player should probably be taken with a grain of salt seeing as he isn't in those defensive meetings and hasn't actually played against the Rams offense.

He's also a former QB. I know people are going to chastise the guy as a Seahawk that took a shot at our QB but he was just being honest. If that's his opinion, it's his opinion. It's not like he said that Bradford is the worst QB ever. To be honest, Bradford has had his struggles under pressure and when forced off his spot. He's improved while in the NFL but it's still probably his biggest weakness. I like the fact that he was honest about his opinion instead of just throwing BS coach talk out there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Nah, I disagree. I think you're confusing pocket presence and toughness. Clemens was gritty, tough and fearless on the field (to use a quote from The Replacements, he had heart). I definitely hope that rubbed off on Sam but his pocket presence was not good. IMO, Sam's pocket presence over the first 7 weeks was better. Only games where I thought he struggled in that regard were against Dallas and San Francisco. And it's easy to understand why. But he was flat out amazing against Arizona. Should have been sacked at least three or four times in that game.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I tried to transcribe his words
Michael Robinson (Hawk FB)
It's a tough division

I really think the surprise of the division is gonna be the St Louis Rams. If BRadford
can ever get his self together..they have weapons on offense...Toughest Front Seven
on Defense in the NFL..Robert Quinn and Long on the edge. You have to keep attacking
there.. You have to be back there to chip them...they create havoc They kinda dictate
what schemes you run against them

Bradford is a little soft... We can send the dogs after him and he'll throw us the ball.
We understand that if we can move him off his spot..kind of jam his recievers. That guy
Austin is an awesome playmaker..He needs to slow the game down a little bit, and
he'll be awesome
Thanks I really appreicate it...I usually don't listen.....I don't believe Bradford is soft and neither do
the ram o lineman

RFIP

I tried to transcribe his words

Bradford is a little soft... We can send the dogs after him and he'll throw us the ball.
We understand that if we can move him off his spot..kind of jam his recievers. That guy
Austin is an awesome playmaker..He needs to slow the game down a little bit, and
he'll be awesome

Someone refresh my memory here please?

Did Sam PLAY vs Seattle last year? Ah, no he did not!

The year before? Yes he was 1-1

Has Robinson's QB looked good against us? No he has not, save for two baloons vs Jenkins! Has been saked a million times AND has thrown US the ball at least 3 times in his two seasons in Seattle.

Oh and Austin is a play maker huh?

Well I agree he IS, someone state all the plays he made vs Seattle?????

Dude sounds like a fool with an ax to grind, possible because he was a bum QB out of Penn St who had to add 40 pounds and play FB in the NFL.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like Sam Bradford, but everything Robinson said is true whether you like it or not. Sam doesn't throw many INT's but he WILL eventually make a mistake if you pressure him enough.

That sort of sounds like... pretty much every QB.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Idk physically he's not soft but I just don't see Sam being a cerebral QB, that can dissect the defense and figure out where the soft spots are. Then again I think this is the first year we've had a talented roster, where Sam wouldn't have to do it all and just do his part while we dominate in all three phases of the game. This is the year we will all find out the answer to the enigma that is Sam Bradford and what kind of quarterback he is.

RFIP

Idk physically he's not soft but I just don't see Sam being a cerebral QB, that can dissect the defense and figure out where the soft spots are. Then again I think this is the first year we've had a talented roster, where Sam wouldn't have to do it all and just do his part while we dominate in all three phases of the game. This is the year we will all find out the answer to the enigma that is Sam Bradford and what kind of quarterback he is.

Who are the talented wrs you see? None have done squat in the NFL though some show "potential."

The mere FACT he has a career 59/38 TD/int ratio is just short if amazing.

You show me who has EVER done as well with LESS proven wrs?

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Who are the talented wrs you see? None have done squat in the NFL though some show "potential."

The mere FACT he has a career 59/38 TD/int ratio is just short if amazing.

You show me who has EVER done as well with LESS proven wrs?
I'm a Bradford supporter buddy, i'm right there with ya. You gotta agree though that Sam is too cautious at times and misses a busted coverage then takes the checkdown instead. That is what I meant by not cerebral, and we have receivers dude they may be unproven but it is Sam's job to lead them I mean fuck, we spent a 1st and a 2nd to get Austin, we draft Quick with the first pick of the second round, Givens in the 4th who are both in their third years, Stedman Bailey 3rd round pick and Jared Cook was beasting out week 1 vs the cards then they decided to focus on him and nobody else stepped up cuz they were struggling with the playbook. And I know how much you love Kenny Britt so I won't even mention him, but yeah if you didn't see the talent in Austin before he got hurt last year idk what to say.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I'm a Bradford supporter buddy, i'm right there with ya. You gotta agree though that Sam is too cautious at times and misses a busted coverage then takes the checkdown instead. That is what I meant by not cerebral, and we have receivers dude they may be unproven but it is Sam's job to lead them I mean freak, we spent a 1st and a 2nd to get Austin, we draft Quick with the first pick of the second round, Givens in the 4th who are both in their third years, Stedman Bailey 3rd round pick and Jared Cook was beasting out week 1 vs the cards then they decided to focus on him and nobody else stepped up cuz they were struggling with the playbook. And I know how much you love Kenny Britt so I won't even mention him, but yeah if you didn't see the talent in Austin before he got hurt last year idk what to say.
But Austin's talent as a WR really didn't show up until later in the year, the Indy game specifically, because as a rookie he was struggling with the playbook. By this time Sam had already gone down with the ACL. I think we do have talent on this team at the WR position, but I also think it is not unfair to say that talent has yet to fully demonstrate itself at the NFL level.

RFIP

I'm a Bradford supporter buddy, i'm right there with ya. You gotta agree though that Sam is too cautious at times and misses a busted coverage then takes the checkdown instead. That is what I meant by not cerebral, and we have receivers dude they may be unproven but it is Sam's job to lead them I mean freak, we spent a 1st and a 2nd to get Austin, we draft Quick with the first pick of the second round, Givens in the 4th who are both in their third years, Stedman Bailey 3rd round pick and Jared Cook was beasting out week 1 vs the cards then they decided to focus on him and nobody else stepped up cuz they were struggling with the playbook. And I know how much you love Kenny Britt so I won't even mention him, but yeah if you didn't see the talent in Austin before he got hurt last year idk what to say.

EVERYBODY has receivers my friend.

We HAD Gilyard and Salas and Mike Sims-Walker and Clayton and Hoo Hoo and Bajemi and Akexander and on and on and on.

Naming names means shit too me and should you too.

Washington WENT ANG GOT GARÇON THEN DJAX, THOSE ARE WRS!

Indy kept Wayne drafted Fleener AND Allen, and signed Hakeem Nicks, and did I mention they hired Lucks coach as OC?!?!

That is how you surround a young QB with talent.

What they Rams have done, going on five years now, is continually throw crap at the wall to see what sticks!

I love Austin but Quick sucks, Givens? Pettis? Really? Now Britt is my new "hope" and I like Bsiley but he's only had 17 catches ANd is already on strike one with substance abuse program.