Eric Dickerson on Goff vs. Mannion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Not that I disagree, but I'm not sure the previous coaching staff had any idea what halfway decent looked like.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Dickerson's opinion doesn't bother me. I maintain that whoever starts at QB and leads the Rams to respectable play with a respectable record is fine by me. I'm not in any 1 player's corner, just whoever does the job best to get this franchise turned around.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion needs to get reps with the 1st team and start at least one pre-season game. We need to see where he's at and what he has.

No. That's the sort of stuff that Fisher would do that would piss me off. If Goff is your starter, you start him. If Mannion is your starter, you start him. None of this sharing reps bullshit. You make your decision, and you run with it.

Now, if the Rams decide to sit everyone for the fourth preseason game, feel free to start Mannion. But the Rams need to show Goff they are behind him 110% if they choose him as the starter. If they choose Mannion, he should be playing every rep with the ones. You can't go halfway with this. Promoting chemistry and confidence with our starters is more important than seeing what we have with our backups.

We should be able to see what we have to some degree with Mannion when he plays with the twos. And I'm sure the coaches see it every day at practice.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I own one jersey - an ED throwback - I ain't wearing it anymore.

As great as he was, he's turning into a little bitch.

"Hey Jeff, you and your team suck...
uh, could you slide me 5 or 6 sideline passes", (got some friends I' m trying to impress).

"Hey Eric - go fuck yourself".

Good on 'ya Jeff.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Second guessing was a lucrative business with the other staff. Doing it with McVay is going to make him look stupid.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I don't know why all the hate for Mannion. Goff hasn't done anything yet to prove hes not a bust and im pretty sure he won't.
If Mannion looks like the better option I hope they start him. Hes had more time in the pros and hes probably more game day ready right now. I wouldn't put your eggs in Jareds basket. I hope he proves me wrong, but hes going to have quite the comback season. He better hope that oline is the best in the NFL next year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know why all the hate for Mannion. Goff hasn't done anything yet to prove hes not a bust and im pretty sure he won't.
If Mannion looks like the better option I hope they start him. Hes had more time in the pros and hes probably more game day ready right now. I wouldn't put your eggs in Jareds basket. I hope he proves me wrong, but hes going to have quite the comback season. He better hope that oline is the best in the NFL next year.
Yet Mannion has done something to prove he's worth a damn? I don't get this line of thought, you don't like Goff so some how Mannion has proven to be good? He's had his chances and failed to deliver too. Goff has a much better skill set than Mannion and it will be proven this year.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I think it's absolutely hilarious how much stock peeps put into what ED says. This is the guy we threw monopoly money at when he first came on to the field in Anahiem in a Colts uni. Although in hindsight, he was screwed over pretty royaly by Shaw. He needs to chill though....

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Mannion's had his chances OS? When? I got no love for Mannion. I have no idea how good he is at this point, and the point is, no else does either, he hasn't had a chance. Goff, who hasn't done shyt, but makes a lot of money, plays in front of Mannion, who's in his 4th season and has appeared briefly in 2 games with 14 snaps in the NFL., That's not "having a chance".

I was at those same TC practices as ED and I also thought Mannion looked more prepared than Goff. I will grant that Goff has a better arm, but Mannion handled calls and managed and moved the O much better that Goff, who looked lost most of the time. Now that has probably changed, and Goff has caught up, but I still think the Rams would be wise to play Mannion with the ones against another teams ones to see just what he brings. My point is, no one knows and they should.

Everyone here is going by his college stats, and that's a mistake. Just MHO.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I own one jersey - an ED throwback - I ain't wearing it anymore.

As great as he was, he's turning into a little bitch.

"Hey Jeff, you and your team suck...
uh, could you slide me 5 or 6 sideline passes", (got some friends I' m trying to impress).

"Hey Eric - go freak yourself".

Good on 'ya Jeff.

He's never had a filter on that mouth of his. He got that honestly... from his Grandmother aka Mom. That, and the fact that "that woman" and her bean counter shaw fucked him over in his prime. He's jaded... and he can't help it.

He still claims to be a Ram forever. He takes pride in that. He may be crazy as a loon with some of his comments (or just trying to sell clicks), but he has decided that he wants to be a Ram... and he never wanted to play elsewhere.

Keep that jersey safe my Brudda. He's one of us!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion's had his chances OS? When? I got no love for Mannion. I have no idea how good he is at this point, and the point is, no else does either, he hasn't had a chance. Goff, who hasn't done shyt, but makes a lot of money, plays in front of Mannion, who's in his 4th season and has appeared briefly in 2 games with 14 snaps in the NFL., That's not "having a chance".

I was at those same TC practices as ED and I also thought Mannion looked more prepared than Goff. I will grant that Goff has a better arm, but Mannion handled calls and managed and moved the O much better that Goff, who looked lost most of the time. Now that has probably changed, and Goff has caught up, but I still think the Rams would be wise to play Mannion with the ones against another teams ones to see just what he brings. My point is, no one knows and they should.

If the rams start mannion with the ones, well, how can i put this....... there will be expletives.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Three training camps now worth of chances? Every preseason game he's been in? If he hasn't impressed enough yet how are we to believe he's suddenly going to be better than Goff? And sorry but color me shocked a 2nd year QB was better at line calls and had a better grasp of the offense than a rookie. We know what Mannion is, he's a backup with a mediocre arm, a slow release and he's slow of foot. He's the next version of Sean Hill, Kellen Clemens, Matt Moore, Charlie Batch, etc etc etc

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Let's see...Mannion had a year in the system while Goff was just getting his feet wet and THAT'S the basis for ED's evaluation?

The TEAM was deteriorating into free fall mode when Goff took over so he could get game experience when any rational evaluator could tell the offense was hopelessly flawed, and THAT'S why Goff is unqualified?

ED left the Rams and held a grudge against the organization ever since and has taken the Meshawn approach of Ram bashing (a lazy but easy target lately). It's simple really...it's the Rams' fault... DICKerson grew accustomed to running through gaping holes created by Slater, Smith, Harrah, Newberry, and Pankey. As I recall, Greg Bell and Charles White ran like Pro Bowlers behind the Ram line under John Robinson as well. Key and Eric never understood the team approach to winning football so they won't get McVay's plan until the team wins and they are forced on the bandwagon.

WHEN that happens, we at ROD will be here to remind them that individual success went to their heads and they have made themselves outsiders to the development that is to come. We will hold them accountable for their lazy, shortsided "journalism". (Journalism as an industry is offended that I used this label on these clowns but hey, they are getting paid for it, right?) After all, getting paid is what these two have always been about.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Attack the content not the person.

Leave Dickerson alone!
Some of us have been a Rams fan long enough to know ED is great at running. But running the football and running his mouth. He's a big boy and paid to express his opinion. Just because he wears a yellow jacket doesn't mean he's above criticism.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good grief.
Mannion had 1 good season in college and 3 meh performances.
Had 1 winning season and barely 7-6 a 2nd
Im ok with concerns about Goff, but I cant stand the idea that this guy is some stud in waiting

Goff was very good in college when most of the team wasn't very good. He was the best player on his team as a freshman and his senior year no offensive line no running game and his receivers only had 75 yards between them going into that year

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol this is the perfect case everybody was applauding Dickerson last year but as soon as it's Mannion vs Goff all hell breaks loose. Lol he only said what I have been saying for the longest.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eric Dickerson is the LaVar Ball of the NFL.

Anywho DxMissile will like this.
lol I do like it. I think Mannion should have started last year but this year I'm willing to see how Goff does even though I strongly believe that Mannion is still better. Now if Mannion looks better in preseason again I think Goff is going to be on a very short leases because McVay doesn't owe him anything.