Eric Dickerson on Goff vs. Mannion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Mannion wins GM Snead will lose his job.
As he should....It will also signal how bad we actually are, because if Mannion is what McVay chooses as the best option, then we suck so bad we're gravitational.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
"I was at practice early last year before I got kicked off the sideline, and I was standing next to some of the guys, I said, 'He can throw it, he really can throw it,' and I said, 'Why they don't play him?' They said, 'The money.'"

How can it be the money, he's full of shit.

I hope ED won't he in the spotlight this year. The guy annoys me

The more he runs his mouth the less I like him too.

Eric gets paid to generate clicks and make people change the dial. Rams fans have known for decades he full of it and full of himself. I likevED but I weigh his opinion evenly with Keyshawn Johnson.

Oh that was harsh. But it was funny too.

He's wrong to start stirring up crap that he doesn't need to be concerned with...I'll go with McVay's choice over Dickerson's...

I think reality TV and sports radio have changed him for the worse. He's essentially unlikable and unlistenable and seemingly by design. Maybe he really wants to be that guy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If Mannion wins GM Snead will get fired.

Wasn't he part of the "team" that drafted Mannion?

Why would he lose his job if he turns out to be better than Goff? That would be a reflection on the previous coaching staff, but certainly not the GM.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know, LesBaker. Dickerson is reminding me again why I disliked him in the 80's, which is something I hoped was gone.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed. I think Mannion would have lost just as much last year as Goff. There are reason's why Goff was a 1st rounder and Mannion wasn't, which probably has to do with a quick release and other NFL measurables. If it's simply about a great college career, then Tebow would be a starting QB in the NFL, and not AA baseball player in the Met's system.

It's funny because people forget that Mannion did get into a game last year. He threw 6 passes. He completed 3 for 19 yards, threw a pick six, and fumbled.

I'm certainly not saying that one game is indicative of his ability or anything, but I agree that Mannion wasn't going to fix our problems last year.

If the Rams were going strictly off numbers produced in college, then Sean Mannion would have an argument to earn the starting job over former No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff.

What? In three years, Goff posted 96 TDs to 30 Ints. In four years, Mannion posted 83 TDs to 54 Ints. In what world is there an argument for Mannion based on college stats? This journalist needs to do better research.

nighttrain

Legend
It's funny because people forget that Mannion did get into a game last year. He threw 6 passes. He completed 3 for 19 yards, threw a pick six, and fumbled.

I'm certainly not saying that one game is indicative of his ability or anything, but I agree that Mannion wasn't going to fix our problems last year.

What? In three years, Goff posted 96 TDs to 30 Ints. In four years, Mannion posted 83 TDs to 54 Ints. In what world is there an argument for Mannion based on college stats? This journalist needs to do better research.
huge argument for Goff in above stats
train

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't know, LesBaker. Dickerson is reminding me again why I disliked him in the 80's, which is something I hoped was gone.

I lived in Indy when the trade went down with the Colts. He wasn't popular with the fans or media after he had been there awhile.

I saw several Colts games while living there, got to see some of the greats of that era. The Colts were in the AFC East at that time, which makes as little sense as them being in the AFC South but oh well. They weren't that good of a team

I got to see a lot of games with Hall of Fame Players, so that was good.

One of the best moments at any live sporting event I have ever been to happened in the dome there. Sometimes late in games the crowds would thin out like they do in any stadium when the team is losing, and it can get quiet. There was a really bad call against the Colts and after the sparse crowd stopped booing there was silence, then a loud voice yelling "NICE FUCK REF" which echoed through the stadium courtesy of a fan with a megaphone. Most of us there got a laugh out of it. It stuck with me and I still say it to this day once in awhile.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Everyone has an opinion, all based on nothing. Mannion Has never started an NFL game and has barely even played in one. He hasn't taken many 1st team reps in TC either.

Mannion needs to get reps with the 1st team and start at least one pre-season game. We need to see where he's at and what he has.

It's just possible the Rams could be sitting on two very good QB's. Fact is, neither one has had a very good chance to show what they can do.

TexasRam

Legend
Goff will get his chance and trust me, if he is not improving Mannion will
Get his shot as well.

Dickerson needs to support the coaches not use his celebrity to cause division.

Anyone can run their mouth, it takes class to show restraint.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion was borderline garbage in 3 college seasons and great in 1. 2 losing seasons and 1 7-6 year. The idea that his college stats are superior in any facet is beyond laughable

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Everyone has an opinion, all based on nothing. Mannion Has never started an NFL game and has barely even played in one. He hasn't taken many 1st team reps in TC either.

He can throw according to the people ED has talked to LOLOL.

Anyone can run their mouth, it takes class to show restraint.

You'll never get that from Dickerson.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Alright Gentlemen no worries, Dickerson is entitled to his opinion and we will see soon enough who the best QB is and either Dickerson will dine on some humble pie or Mannion is better than some people think.

I'm not concerned I need to see some games in preseason and although that is not always a prelude to success, IMO, if Goff can showcase command of the offense and turn the ball over less, then I feel good about September Morn.

Last edited: