Eric Dickerson on Goff vs. Mannion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't see this posted anywhere if so please delete.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...ion-over-jared-goff/q3zswkni6ynf1v6algfyftsle

Rams great Eric Dickerson: Sean Mannion should start over Jared Goff
  • Thomas Lott Omnispo

Updated at 2:41 p.m. ET

If the Rams were going strictly off numbers produced in college, then Sean Mannion would have an argument to earn the starting job over former No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff.

Both had good numbers in college, having at least one season with 35 or more touchdown passes, both had 4,000-yard passing seasons and both succeeded in a very good Pac-12.

It will never happen though because of the money Goff is making and the cachet that comes with having the No. 1 overall pick on the roster.

But that will not stop former Rams great Eric Dickerson from saying he would start Mannion over Goff from game one.
    "For me, my guy that I would start the season with would be Sean Mannion," he said on "The Herd with Colin Cowherd" Friday afternoon. "I've been saying that since last year, give him a shot, you drafted him, he was great at … Oregon State, playing in a pro-style offense. He's a big guy, he's got a great arm.

"I was at practice early last year before I got kicked off the sideline, and I was standing next to some of the guys, I said, 'He can throw it, he really can throw it,' and I said, 'Why they don't play him?' They said, 'The money.'"

Mannion stands 6-6 and weighs 227 pounds. He completed nearly 65 percent of his passes in college while throwing for more than 13,000 yards and 83 touchdowns. Since getting drafted by the Rams, he has played in two games, but has completed 9 of 13 passes.

In the meantime, Goff went 0-7 as a starter in 2016 and completed less than 55 percent of his passes while throwing seven interceptions to five touchdowns as a rookie.

http://trc.taboola.com/performmedia...MudGFib29sYXN5bmRpY2F0aW9uLmNvbTIId2F0ZXIxNjQ

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I don't think McVay gives 2 shits about who's being paid the most $ when it comes to deciding who starts. That may have been the case with the crew that was just sent packing... but no way is that the case with our new HC. Just look at what happened with RG-me and Cousins back in Washington.

McVay will start the player that he feels gives the club the best chance to win. I'm sure that Mannion probably was better prepared than Goff was last season... but I bet our Boi Goff will win the starting job fairly this year.

But like I said... if Mannion beats Goff out... McVay isn't gonna start Goff over him because of his draft/payroll #. McVay didn't draft Goff.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think McVay gives 2 shits about who's being paid the most $ when it comes to deciding who starts. That may have been the case with the crew that was just sent packing... but no way is that the case with our new HC. Just look at what happened with RG-me and Cousins back in Washington.

McVay will start the player that he feels gives the club the best chance to win. I'm sure that Mannion probably was better prepared than Goff was last season... but I bet our Boi Goff will win the starting job fairly this year.

But like I said... if Mannion beats Goff out... McVay isn't gonna start Goff over him because of his draft/payroll #. McVay didn't draft Goff.
Agreed. I think Mannion would have lost just as much last year as Goff. There are reason's why Goff was a 1st rounder and Mannion wasn't, which probably has to do with a quick release and other NFL measurables. If it's simply about a great college career, then Tebow would be a starting QB in the NFL, and not AA baseball player in the Met's system.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eric gets paid to generate clicks and make people change the dial. Rams fans have known for decades he full of it and full of himself. I likevED but I weigh his opinion evenly with Keyshawn Johnson.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good grief.
Mannion had 1 good season in college and 3 meh performances.
Had 1 winning season and barely 7-6 a 2nd
Im ok with concerns about Goff, but I cant stand the idea that this guy is some stud in waiting

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good grief.
Mannion had 1 good season in college and 3 meh performances.
Had 1 winning season and barely 7-6 a 2nd
Im ok with concerns about Goff, but I cant stand the idea that this guy is some stud in waiting
He's hopefully a good back up, and maybe trade bait for some desperate team. That's all.

Ramzheart

Rookie
I used to love Dickerson, was one of his biggest fans until he blew up his career by his demands!
Enter the trade to Indy. What did he do there? I seem to recall him alienating his offensive line, got a bad rap of not being a good teammate.
What the bleep gives him the right now to try and give his 5 cents? Far as I'm concerned he's a colt- return to sender!!

Ram65

Legend
Next. I pay little attention to ED. He got the Fisher thing right but so did a lot of people.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Eric gets paid to generate clicks and make people change the dial. Rams fans have known for decades he full of it and full of himself. I likevED but I weigh his opinion evenly with Keyshawn Johnson.
I gave this^ an "OUCH!" Because, while I agree with you, You had to through Keyshawn Johnson into the mix, and I don't care for him at all! He's a "Never-was" and "Want-to-be"! JMO!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
ED, I love what you did for the Rams, but you're flat out wrong on this. No debating; you're just wrong.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Rams to open training camp in Irvine on July 29-May the best man-QB win.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

To Dickerson - you did your job getting fisher fired, now shut the fuck up.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
He's wrong to start stirring up shit that he doesn't need to be concerned with...I'll go with McVay's choice over Dickerson's...