Dunbar arrested?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
If THIS story was about PEDs, I wold be in the front of the line saying cut bait. But its not.

And lest you forget..... Kenny Britt, Janoris Jenkins, Trumaine Johnson, Maurice Alexander, Stedman Bailey, Ray Ray Armstrong, Greg Reid just to mention a few of the players on THIS roster who have previous "trouble" of one kind or another.
I see your point there. That's why it's very important these guys stay out of trouble. All it takes is 1 or 2 more times and the Rams could move on. Even if it's small things like a bar fight.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Here's the thing: Dunbar knows he's under scrutiny due to last offseason. He's a vet and a leader, and he has to know what that carries. Yes, to fuck up is human, and a fight isn't the biggest deal in the world, but here's a guy who is both counted on to be a respected voice in the locker room and who has some recent offseason issues (of a different sort) that have put him under more of a microscope.

It was a bad choice, and a stupid move. He was arrested. You can't brush off a team leader being arrested.

Does this mean he's out with the Rams? Probably not, and I hope not. He's a good run-support SLB, which is what the Rams' base D needs. He can get after the QB a little. As long as he's not suspended by the NFL, he'll be back in there preseason game 1 for a series running with the rest of the 1's.

But let's not act like this shouldn't be called out. Stupid move by a veteran player. Dunbar should seriously know better, and if he's going to make the choice of going into situations with alcohol and lots of people, he should be ready to take the consequences - both his arrest and the subsequent media scrutiny - of what could (and did) happen.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Just a simple suggestion; How about ya'll shut the fuck up until you know the facts!! How about we start this discussion when we know what actually happened.
Not sure if that's how you do it, tho. Oh well.

GO RAMS!!!!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Maybe the other guy deserved an ass whopping?
Did you ever think of that?
Maybe the guy was talking trash about the Rams?

KICK HIS ASS D-BASS!!!
(a very, very light blue font)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's the thing: Dunbar knows he's under scrutiny due to last offseason. He's a vet and a leader, and he has to know what that carries. Yes, to freak up is human, and a fight isn't the biggest deal in the world, but here's a guy who is both counted on to be a respected voice in the locker room and who has some recent offseason issues (of a different sort) that have put him under more of a microscope.

It was a bad choice, and a stupid move. He was arrested. You can't brush off a team leader being arrested.

Does this mean he's out with the Rams? Probably not, and I hope not. He's a good run-support SLB, which is what the Rams' base D needs. He can get after the QB a little. As long as he's not suspended by the NFL, he'll be back in there preseason game 1 for a series running with the rest of the 1's.

But let's not act like this shouldn't be called out. Stupid move by a veteran player. Dunbar should seriously know better, and if he's going to make the choice of going into situations with alcohol and lots of people, he should be ready to take the consequences - both his arrest and the subsequent media scrutiny - of what could (and did) happen.

Well put, Dewey...You said it better than I could..
You're a regular Peter Capaldi!:LOL:

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
If THIS story was about PEDs, I wold be in the front of the line saying cut bait. But its not.

And lest you forget..... Kenny Britt, Janoris Jenkins, Trumaine Johnson, Maurice Alexander, Stedman Bailey, Ray Ray Armstrong, Greg Reid just to mention a few of the players on THIS roster who have previous "trouble" of one kind or another.
And look at how it's impacted their careers. We're looking forward to them overcoming their troubles, because everyone loves a reclamation story, but if they do something stupid again - in the case of guys like Britt, Tru and Reid, something stupid that impacts the Rams (for the first time); in the case of guys like Bailey or JJ, something that establishes a pattern - I have to think that people will jump on them pretty quickly.

Britt has gone from "OMG HOF talent 1st rounder SO GOOD" to a 1-year "prove-it" deal in part because of his stupid off-the-field stuff.
JJ probably lost the chance to be a top-10 pick.
Johnson probably dropped at least a round and a half.

These guys have suffered for their stupid actions. I don't see how that's any different than Dunbar having to deal with the consequences of his bar fight and subsequent arrest.

I'll reiterate that I disagree with those who think he'll be cut because of this; that's a serious overreaction, unless the NFL finds something suspension-worthy - but I don't see him being held to any different standard than any other NFL player who has run into legal issues.

Except Leonard Little. No fuckin' idea how anyone ever rooted for him again.

cracengl

Rookie
So you never did anything in your 20s that you now would say was stupid? I think its real easy to sit in judgement of these guys, when in fact these sort of things happen to MOST "normal" people at some point in their lives. I have a son who just turned 30, and I can tell you he is as "normal" as any 30 year old out there.... and yet, he has had his share of "conversations" with police over the years.

The difference is, when Average Joe Blow gets arrested for being in a bar fight, it isn't plastered all over the media, and people 900 miles away couldn't care less.

I didn't. Nothing arrest worthy. That's how this works. They play in a system where athletes playing a game are glorified, followed, analyzed, and otherwise revered. They're rewarded handsomely in most cases. They do have to work their assess off, but it is what it is. The trade-off is, if they do things that make them look like a dumb ass, I get to say so.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Unless Dunbar doesn't make it to TC, I don't see how this effects the Rams in the slightest. It's a bar fight. Unless new details emerge dealing with weapons who really cares? Dunbar's problem here is he's not the star. If it were Quinn there would be far less rose colored glasses flashbacks about how we never did anything like this, or would have never conceived of doing anything like this.
Fact is, Dunbar doesn't have shit on me as far as behavior goes, and I wasn't rich.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
29 hah, MAN I'm 64 and there are still times I get the urge to jack a big mouth up, it was a fight and probably a pretty good one,but if this sends him back in hiding and he commits to stop clubbin' til the end of the season ,this could end up great for the whole club.
Ain't like Trent Green just got his knee blown out:cry:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Have no fear, come Monday all these media experts will tell us what really happened!!
Cameos_4165.jpg
So remember.....
yodapic.jpg

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
Maybe the other guy deserved an ass whopping?
Did you ever think of that?
Maybe the guy was talking trash about the Rams?

KICK HIS ASS D-BASS!!!
(a very, very light blue font)

Just a few Chris Evert insults and any Ram will be coming over the table...

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
29 hah, MAN I'm 64 and there are still times I get the urge to jack a big mouth up, it was a fight and probably a pretty good one,but if this sends him back in hiding and he commits to stop clubbin' til the end of the season ,this could end up great for the whole club.
Ain't like Trent Green just got his knee blown out:cry:

if all it took for the Rams to win another super bowl is for jo lunn dunbar to blow out his knee............................:whistle:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If it was just a consensual fist fight between two grown ass men. Cops should have stayed out of it.
Yes its a poor example for the younger players on the team.
And if Dunbar gets suspended then it's a big deal because it does hurt the team.
Dunbar is a fringe player, he didn't need this trouble. Makes me wonder if some of these guys are fringe because they lack talent or just stupid.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My point for the Reid reference, it that we tend to forgive certain transgressions when it involves guys we "root" for. Regardless of what Reid was guilty of, he still was arrested, and spent an entire week (or more) in JAIL. Dunbar was in a bar fight. Something that can happen to any "normal" guy anywhere.

And without seeming to take the holier than thou position, what would be acceptable behavior for a 29 year guy, on the weekend prior to being sequestered for the next 2 months? I am sure he didn't go to the bar looking for a fight.

I dunno, maybe have a party, invite a bunch of friends with gang ties, bust out the automatic weapons, and wonder why the cops get called? Oh wait, someone already did that. Nevermind.....

Understood and IMO one is not better than the other or vice versa, however, Dunbar is a veteran and a starter and was being counted on this coming seaason. Reid has an outside chance to make the club. If they took Reid away, IMO, he blew an opportunity. I just expected more out of Dunbar. And although he could be totally innocent in all of this nothing good happens outside a nightclub in the wee hours of the morning.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Everyone Freaking out settle down, all those pointing out every other players transgressions and past mistakes quit condoning and wait and see what transpires.
Yes Hi hopes for Ray Ray but not sure he is ready to be THE GUY. We will be fine, although thin at LB lets wait for the complete results.