1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dunbar arrested?

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by theramsruleUK, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

I'm waiting on details the charges could be dropped in 24 hours, sometimes you just have to wait, but honestly it doesn't LOOK good.

2. CoachO Well-Known Member

Guess you aren't aware of Faulk's "off the field" prowess? I found it ironic that one of the the things that Janoris Jenkins is often berated for, having fathered children with multiple women, but no one ever mentions Faulk's transgressions.

These guys are human. Let's not make them out to be anything more than that.

3. ramaslama New Member

yeah im not aware but they are pro athletes and need to act like role models. Jenkins if he wants 20 kids I don't care if he takes care of them that's what matters

4. RamBill Well-Known Member

ESPN Rams reporter Nick Wagoner discusses the arrest of Rams LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar after a fight with NBA free agent Donte Greene outside a nightclub in Miami. (2:00)

Watch Wagoner Talk About Dunbar's Arrest

5. CGI_Ram Hamburger Connoisseur

Freak!

Damn it Dunbar!

6. Barrison Well-Known Member

Ray Ray Armstrong, come on down!

7. Philly5 Well-Known Member

Dunbar is going to run out of opportunities. Players that are not that good don't get 9 lives.

LoyalRam likes this.
  8. Pancake Well-Known Member

30 years old...He's been around long enough to know whats up. Drinking, late night clubbing..... It's a recipe for trouble and it found him.

I'm not mad at the guy for what happened at the bar because I don't know what happened. He could be justified but it was dumb to be there at all.

rhinobean likes this.
  9. SanAnRam New Member

Gotta say though..
    If losing Dunbar (who very well could be a 'message' cut) is the worse thing we suffer before TC starts, I'll take it.

Mojo Ram and LACHAMP46 like this.
  10. Username Has a Well-Known Member

Hope he doesn't get suspended. Still like Dunbar. Brings a lot of experience having played in this defense too.

TommerK, Dodgersrf and Mojo Ram like this.
  11. CGI_Ram Hamburger Connoisseur

I'm with you.

Plus; this might be the position of least depth on this squad.

12. den-the-coach Well-Known Member

Totally different circumstances Reid was arrested for an outstanding warrant and I for one never thought Reid was a poster boy I just liked his upside and hoped he could stay out of trouble.

We still need to see what happen in this case who knows maybe Dunbar was just trying to keep everything calm and things got out of hand most of us have been down that road. But IMO this close to training camp being outside a night club in South Beach is not a good thing and Dunbar is a veteran and should know better IMO.

LACHAMP46 likes this.
  13. HE WITH HORNS Well-Known Member

Well, I hope he at least won the fight. Hate to see him lose to a basketball player!

Dagonet, TommerK, Ramrocket and 5 others like this.
  14. Tron Fights for the User

Hopefully charges get dropped and more info gets released soon.

Ill wait and see, though my first reaction was me shaking my head and saying "damnit Dunbar"!!

15. Tron Fights for the User

From how they put it, it sounded like him and Green were together and got into a fight against another person/group. Though could be wrong.

16. LazyWinker Well-Known Member

Since when is 29 old? You aren't old till you settle down and get married. There are plenty people younger than me that are older than me. If he's married or has children he probably doesn't need to be partying on.

LoyalRam likes this.
  17. LoyalRam Well-Known Member

Maybe so.....;)

18. CoachO Well-Known Member

The biggest issue in these sort of "Stories" at least for me, is the rush to judgement by the media. Wagoner is just as bad as the rest. Instead of just reporting WHAT happened, these guys now feel compelled to speculate as to what MIGHT happen as a result, thereby making THAT the story.

Wagoner has been one of the guys in the media in his preseason "reports" to beat the drum for Armstrong to get more play. Interesting that this his comments regarding THIS story focus on that angle, and doesn't make any mention of trying to find out what really happened in South Beach.

LoyalRam likes this.
  19. LoyalRam Well-Known Member

You know what..I'm not perfect either...I wouldn' have been at a Night Club for reasons that I have already explained....If the law says he ok, however, then that's good enough for me....

20. CoachO Well-Known Member

My point for the Reid reference, it that we tend to forgive certain transgressions when it involves guys we "root" for. Regardless of what Reid was guilty of, he still was arrested, and spent an entire week (or more) in JAIL. Dunbar was in a bar fight. Something that can happen to any "normal" guy anywhere.

And without seeming to take the holier than thou position, what would be acceptable behavior for a 29 year guy, on the weekend prior to being sequestered for the next 2 months? I am sure he didn't go to the bar looking for a fight.

I dunno, maybe have a party, invite a bunch of friends with gang ties, bust out the automatic weapons, and wonder why the cops get called? Oh wait, someone already did that. Nevermind.....

rhinobean likes this.