Dunbar arrested?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm waiting on details the charges could be dropped in 24 hours, sometimes you just have to wait, but honestly it doesn't LOOK good.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
you never heard bruce and holt or faulk, warner getting in trouble they were all leaders and it showed.

Guess you aren't aware of Faulk's "off the field" prowess? I found it ironic that one of the the things that Janoris Jenkins is often berated for, having fathered children with multiple women, but no one ever mentions Faulk's transgressions.

These guys are human. Let's not make them out to be anything more than that.

ramaslama

yeah im not aware but they are pro athletes and need to act like role models. Jenkins if he wants 20 kids I don't care if he takes care of them that's what matters

Philly5

Rookie
Dunbar is going to run out of opportunities. Players that are not that good don't get 9 lives.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
30 years old...He's been around long enough to know whats up. Drinking, late night clubbing..... It's a recipe for trouble and it found him.

I'm not mad at the guy for what happened at the bar because I don't know what happened. He could be justified but it was dumb to be there at all.

SanAnRam

Just an educated redneck
Gotta say though..
If losing Dunbar (who very well could be a 'message' cut) is the worse thing we suffer before TC starts, I'll take it.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Hope he doesn't get suspended. Still like Dunbar. Brings a lot of experience having played in this defense too.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hope he doesn't get suspended. Still like Dunbar. Brings a lot of experience having played in this defense too.

I'm with you.

Plus; this might be the position of least depth on this squad.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
over reaction time? He was in a fight outside a night club in Florida.... and arrested. It is very unlikely that this will have any bearing on his standing with the football team.

How many of the people who are condemning Dunbar for this transgression, are the same ones who are clamoring for Greg Reid to be the poster boy for this years UDFA pickup making an impact? The same G. Reid who spent over a week in JAIL before he could get out and report to Rams Park for the off season program.

Totally different circumstances Reid was arrested for an outstanding warrant and I for one never thought Reid was a poster boy I just liked his upside and hoped he could stay out of trouble.

We still need to see what happen in this case who knows maybe Dunbar was just trying to keep everything calm and things got out of hand most of us have been down that road. But IMO this close to training camp being outside a night club in South Beach is not a good thing and Dunbar is a veteran and should know better IMO.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Hopefully charges get dropped and more info gets released soon.

Ill wait and see, though my first reaction was me shaking my head and saying "damnit Dunbar"!!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Well, I hope he at least won the fight. Hate to see him lose to a basketball player!

From how they put it, it sounded like him and Green were together and got into a fight against another person/group. Though could be wrong.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
There is a big difference between an 18 (or even 21 yr) yr old, and being 29 yr old....Sorry, I don't buy the youth excuse.
Since when is 29 old? You aren't old till you settle down and get married. There are plenty people younger than me that are older than me. If he's married or has children he probably doesn't need to be partying on.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Since when is 29 old? You aren't old till you settle down and get married. There are plenty people younger than me that are older than me. If he's married or has children he probably doesn't need to be partying on.

Maybe so.....;)

CoachO

Hall of Fame
The biggest issue in these sort of "Stories" at least for me, is the rush to judgement by the media. Wagoner is just as bad as the rest. Instead of just reporting WHAT happened, these guys now feel compelled to speculate as to what MIGHT happen as a result, thereby making THAT the story.

Wagoner has been one of the guys in the media in his preseason "reports" to beat the drum for Armstrong to get more play. Interesting that this his comments regarding THIS story focus on that angle, and doesn't make any mention of trying to find out what really happened in South Beach.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know what..I'm not perfect either...I wouldn' have been at a Night Club for reasons that I have already explained....If the law says he ok, however, then that's good enough for me....

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Totally different circumstances Reid was arrested for an outstanding warrant and I for one never thought Reid was a poster boy I just liked his upside and hoped he could stay out of trouble.

We still need to see what happen in this case who knows maybe Dunbar was just trying to keep everything calm and things got out of hand most of us have been down that road. But IMO this close to training camp being outside a night club in South Beach is not a good thing and Dunbar is a veteran and should know better IMO.

My point for the Reid reference, it that we tend to forgive certain transgressions when it involves guys we "root" for. Regardless of what Reid was guilty of, he still was arrested, and spent an entire week (or more) in JAIL. Dunbar was in a bar fight. Something that can happen to any "normal" guy anywhere.

And without seeming to take the holier than thou position, what would be acceptable behavior for a 29 year guy, on the weekend prior to being sequestered for the next 2 months? I am sure he didn't go to the bar looking for a fight.

I dunno, maybe have a party, invite a bunch of friends with gang ties, bust out the automatic weapons, and wonder why the cops get called? Oh wait, someone already did that. Nevermind.....