Dunbar arrested?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Thanks for posting this. It brings some clarity to the whole mess. It's a good thing Dunbar wasn't tasered or he would have been the third Rams player on this roster to have that happen to him, which I'm assuming would have been an NFL record.

Really Jo-Lonn? You have nothing better to do a few days before training camp than duke it out at a night club at almost 5:30 in the morning? :confused:
lol I forget.. who were the other 2 Rams to get tasered?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
lol I forget.. who were the other 2 Rams to get tasered?

Janoris Jenkins arrested, Tased after weekend skirmish

and Trumaine Johnson

Half of Rams’ 10-man 2012 draft class has gotten in trouble
Posted by Mike Florio on June 1, 2013

jenk.png
Getty Images

As former Titans coach Jeff Fisher tries to bring the same consistency in the standings to St. Louis, he’s well on his way to replicating one of his more overlooked accomplishments in Houston and Tennessee.

Rounding up problem children.

The well-respected coach takes more than his share of chances on players with less-than-respectable character traits. It’s a Machiavellian mindset that trickled down to former Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz, who has had plenty of dice rolls on bad guys come up craps during his time in Detroit.

Of Fisher’s first draft class in St. Louis, half of the 10 players taken already have found trouble at the NFL level. Second-round cornerback Janoris Jenkins, a known risk who slid out of round one, was suspended by the team for one game last year. Second-round running back Isaiah Pead, who slid to third on the depth chart last season, will miss the first game of the 2013 campaign due to a suspension under the league’s substance-abuse policy.

Cornerback Trumaine Johnson, a third-round pick in 2013, was arrested for DUI in March. Per one league source, Johnson had been removed from multiple draft boards last year after being suspended from his college team due to an alleged frat-house non-food fight, and for being arrested and Tasered in October 2011 after allegedly resisting arrest.

Receiver Chris Givens, a fourth-round pick, was suspended by the team last year, and guardRokevious Watkins, a fifth-round pick, recently received a one-game suspension under the league’s substance-abuse policy — which as with Pead implies some sort of legal violation relating to one of the substances covered by the policy.

Also, the team’s two seventh-round picks last year, while staying out of trouble in the NFL, had incidents off the field at lower levels of the sport. Linebacker Aaron Brown was accused of misdemeanor assault while at Hawaii, and running back Daryl Richardson admits that he “got into a little trouble” in high school.

It all creates a strange disconnect for which Fisher rarely is questioned. He’s a member of the league’s Competition Committee, and few in the media ever tie the propensity to pick college players of less-than-ideal character back to Fisher. In contrast, whenever the Seahawks have a guy get suspended, people presume that coach Pete Carroll has responsibility, directly or indirectly, for the situation.

G.M. Les Snead, while not believed to have final control over the roster (especially since Fisher was hired before Snead), also deserves a mention on this point. Snead came from the Falcons, where G.M. Thomas Dimitroff frowns on taking character risks. However, Snead and Fisher have been smiling at their opportunities to get talented players later than they otherwise would have been available, but for the off-field issues.

It continued this year with linebacker Alec Ogletree. Of the board in Dallas and presumably elsewhere, the Rams took him at the bottom of round one despite a suspension at Georgia and a pre-draft DUI.

Our goal isn’t to cause trouble for Fisher or Snead, both of whom we respect and like. But the reality is that they have taken plenty of chances on players with issues unrelated to football ability, and for reasons neither known nor apparent the dynamic rarely has been mentioned, or even noticed, by the media.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It continued this year with linebacker Alec Ogletree. Of the board in Dallas and presumably elsewhere, the Rams took him at the bottom of round one despite a suspension at Georgia and a pre-draft DUI.

Gratuitous spelling error aside, I find this to be hilarious. I know that Fredrick is a good center, but don't you think that Dallas could use Ogletree right now? Lawl.

Last edited:

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Sheerly conjecture :evil grin: ... Dunbar did Green's ho. Both of them. ... Both of the Green brothers hos that is. Perhaps its the other way around. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this but couldn't resist. I want to know what the grief is between them. With the: "I'm sorry officer, but this guy (Dunbar) has been after me for years since I got into the NBA."

A55VA6

Legend
Janoris Jenkins arrested, Tased after weekend skirmish

and Trumaine Johnson

Half of Rams’ 10-man 2012 draft class has gotten in trouble
Posted by Mike Florio on June 1, 2013

jenk.png
Getty Images

As former Titans coach Jeff Fisher tries to bring the same consistency in the standings to St. Louis, he’s well on his way to replicating one of his more overlooked accomplishments in Houston and Tennessee.

Rounding up problem children.

The well-respected coach takes more than his share of chances on players with less-than-respectable character traits. It’s a Machiavellian mindset that trickled down to former Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz, who has had plenty of dice rolls on bad guys come up craps during his time in Detroit.

Of Fisher’s first draft class in St. Louis, half of the 10 players taken already have found trouble at the NFL level. Second-round cornerback Janoris Jenkins, a known risk who slid out of round one, was suspended by the team for one game last year. Second-round running back Isaiah Pead, who slid to third on the depth chart last season, will miss the first game of the 2013 campaign due to a suspension under the league’s substance-abuse policy.

Cornerback Trumaine Johnson, a third-round pick in 2013, was arrested for DUI in March. Per one league source, Johnson had been removed from multiple draft boards last year after being suspended from his college team due to an alleged frat-house non-food fight, and for being arrested and Tasered in October 2011 after allegedly resisting arrest.

Receiver Chris Givens, a fourth-round pick, was suspended by the team last year, and guardRokevious Watkins, a fifth-round pick, recently received a one-game suspension under the league’s substance-abuse policy — which as with Pead implies some sort of legal violation relating to one of the substances covered by the policy.

Also, the team’s two seventh-round picks last year, while staying out of trouble in the NFL, had incidents off the field at lower levels of the sport. Linebacker Aaron Brown was accused of misdemeanor assault while at Hawaii, and running back Daryl Richardson admits that he “got into a little trouble” in high school.

It all creates a strange disconnect for which Fisher rarely is questioned. He’s a member of the league’s Competition Committee, and few in the media ever tie the propensity to pick college players of less-than-ideal character back to Fisher. In contrast, whenever the Seahawks have a guy get suspended, people presume that coach Pete Carroll has responsibility, directly or indirectly, for the situation.

G.M. Les Snead, while not believed to have final control over the roster (especially since Fisher was hired before Snead), also deserves a mention on this point. Snead came from the Falcons, where G.M. Thomas Dimitroff frowns on taking character risks. However, Snead and Fisher have been smiling at their opportunities to get talented players later than they otherwise would have been available, but for the off-field issues.

Our goal isn’t to cause trouble for Fisher or Snead, both of whom we respect and like. But the reality is that they have taken plenty of chances on players with issues unrelated to football ability, and for reasons neither known nor apparent the dynamic rarely has been mentioned, or even noticed, by the media.
Ahh now I remember. Thanks!

RamBill

Legend
Dunbar cites self-defense in brawl
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_106c04e9-bcf3-5296-8702-89507d8b9b8b.html

NBA player Donte Greene had to be restrained with a taser gun in an early Sunday morning altercation with Rams linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar outside a South Beach nightclub, according to police reports on file with the Miami Beach (Fla.) police department.

Contrary to earlier reports, Dunbar was charged with disorderly conduct and breach of peace — a misdemeanor. He was not charged with battery as had been indicated earlier.

Greene, on the other hand, was charged with battery, disorderly conduct and breach of peace. Greene’s brother, Dmetrique, also was involved in the altercation and was charged with disorderly conduct and breach of peace.

Rams officials have declined to comment, but Dunbar — one of the team’s starting outside linebackers — is expected to be on the field Friday when the Rams hold their first full-squad practice of training camp.

According to the police reports, Dunbar told arresting officers he was just defending himself.

The arrest affidavits indicated that the defendants (Dunbar and the Greene brothers) were involved in a verbal altercation as they left the Club Dream. Club security and several patrons attempted to keep the parties from fighting by holding them apart.

But a short time later, the three started brawling just south of the club entrance. As Dunbar and Dmetrique were exchanging punches, Donte approached Dunbar from behind and began to punch Dunbar in the head and neck area.

According to the police reports, one of the arresting officers said he was concerned about Dunbar’s safety and gave Donte Greene “one last verbal warning” to stop. When that warning was unsuccessful, Donte Greene was tased for “approximately 6-7 seconds.”

After that, the fighting stopped. Donte Greene subsequently told police: “I’m sorry, officer, but this guy (Dunbar) has been after me for years since I got into the NBA. He was beating my brother and I had to do what I did.”

Where and how Donte Greene and Dunbar may have had a history is uncertain. Greene attended Syracuse University and Dunbar is from Syracuse, N.Y.. Both athletes entered the professional ranks in their respective sports following the 2007-08 school year, but Dunbar attended Boston College.

Neither of Dunbar’s agents responded to text messages and phone calls from the Post-Dispatch. Dunbar could not be reached.

This marks the second year in a row Dunbar has gotten off on the wrong foot before a football season. Last August, it was announced that Dunbar would be suspended by the NFL for four games for violating league policy on performance-enhancing substances. He could face league punishment for his role in Sunday’s night-club altercation. Dunbar re-signed with the Rams during the offseason but was expected to be pushed by Ray Ray Armstrong for a starting job this season.

Donte Greene, currently a free agent, played 253 games with the Sacramento Kings from 2008 to 2012.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
BA player Donte Greene had to be restrained with a taser gun in an early Sunday morning altercation with Rams linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar outside a South Beach nightclub, according to police reports on file with the Miami Beach (Fla.) police department.

Contrary to earlier reports, Dunbar was charged with disorderly conduct and breach of peace — a misdemeanor. He was not charged with battery as had been indicated in earlier news reports.

Greene, on the other hand, was charged with battery, disorderly conduct and breach of peace. Greene’s brother, Dmetrique, also was involved in the altercation and was charged with disorderly conduct and breach of peace.

Rams officials have declined to comment, but Dunbar — one of the team’s starting outside linebackers — is expected to be on the field Friday when the Rams hold their first full-squad practice of training camp.

According to the police reports, Dunbar told arresting officers he was just defending himself.

The arrest affidavits indicated that the defendants (Dunbar and the Greene brothers) were involved in a verbal altercation as they left the Club Dream. Club security and several patrons attempted to keep the parties from fighting by holding them apart.

But a short time later, the three started brawling just south of the club entrance. As Dunbar and Dmetrique were exchanging punches, Donte approached Dunbar from behind and began to punch Dunbar in the head and neck area.

RAMS CHAT: JIM THOMAS AT 1 PM

According to the police reports, one of the arresting officers said he was concerned about Dunbar’s safety and gave Donte Greene “one last verbal warning” to stop. When that warning was unsuccessful, Donte Greene was tased for “approximately 6-7 seconds.”

After that, the fighting stopped. Donte Greene subsequently told police: “I’m sorry, officer, but this guy (Dunbar) has been after me for years since I got into the NBA. He was beating my brother and I had to do what I did.”

Where and how Donte Greene and Dunbar may have had a history is uncertain. Greene attended Syracuse University and Dunbar is from Syracuse, N.Y.. Both athletes entered the professional ranks in their respective sports following the 2007-08 school year, but Dunbar attended Boston College.

Neither of Dunbar’s agents responded to text messages and phone calls from the Post-Dispatch. Dunbar could not be reached.

This marks the second year in a row Dunbar has gotten off on the wrong foot before a football season. Last August, it was announced that Dunbar would be suspended by the NFL for four games for violating league policy on performance-enhancing substances. He could face league punishment for his role in Sunday’s night-club altercation. Dunbar re-signed with the Rams during the offseason but was expected to be pushed by Ray Ray Armstrong for a starting job this season.

Donte Greene, currently a free agent, played 253 games with the Sacramento Kings from 2008 to 2012.

Follow Jim Thomas on twitter @jthom1

RamzFanz

Damnit
This story is not yet told. No worries at this point. Dude has a right to defend himself.