Dunbar arrested?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Just heard on the radio they've been charged with battery and disorderly conduct. So, bar fight that ended fairly even.
If the Rams release him over this they were already planning to, and they think it might play well with people.
Doubt they do anything.

"Bar fight? Please. I made a hit squad."
Greg Williams-

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
No this is not a positive thing to occur but the Ram, who is allegedly to have been involved the 5-11 235 pound Jo Lunn Dunbar (who I just really like on the field) is not real starter...more a top reserve in my mind. I have posted earlier that I was expecting more big Nickles with three safeties & even more use of the use of more DB's with less Lb'ers on the field. Snead-Fisher & Williams drafted two DB's (Joyner & Alexander) that are dynamic talents IMO. I would not be all that surprised if GW has been very busy adding & drawing up many of his new Ram defenses with a taller leaner faster & quicker rookie 6-1 220 plus pound Mo Alexander on the field with safeties McDonald & McLeod in place of a SSLB'er.

I have already voiced to this great forum that Dunbar most important Ram role in the 2014 team would be as JL's main back up if JL was unable to play. Dunbar's role in the new defense was not going to be that vital or that important once DB's Joyner & Alexander & DL'er Donald flash what will add on the field.

As far as Ray Ray Armstrong's to the rescue....I not there folks....sure Ray Ray will be improved & possibly have grown some additional brain cells to enable him getting in on the first team but there are others who will be competing with these opportunities I for one think that Ray Ray will get a serious run from UDFA rookie Tavarius Wilson....keep an eye on this rookie & so should the vet Dunbar...Wilson can play the mike & the strong side...just like Dunbar.

In conclusion this Dunbar incident & what may, or may not fall out from this south beach incident will not be anything causing Snead-Fisher or Williams to loose sleep more like a aggravating small pebble hiding inside their sneakers. Dunbar may have just speed-ed up his diminishing time on the field during game day this season that was already most likely under way before this event.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If THIS story was about PEDs, I wold be in the front of the line saying cut bait. But its not.

And lest you forget..... Kenny Britt, Janoris Jenkins, Trumaine Johnson, Maurice Alexander, Stedman Bailey, Ray Ray Armstrong, Greg Reid just to mention a few of the players on THIS roster who have previous "trouble" of one kind or another.

Yes... kind of scary in a way.

I feel a real sense of relief every time training camp opens... like, "whew, doged another bullet". :)

I think Dunbar may be gone... regardless of whether he started the altercation or simply got sucked into it.

I remember multiple reports last year that Fisher was very upset with Dunbar's suspension.

Other players have been suspended or have had to be reprimanded, but I don't recall the level of harshness in Fisher's words toward them.

I think this might end up being the straw that breaks the camel's back for Fisher. BUT... an interesting dynamic may be in play there... Williams probably loves the guy and will certainly go to bat for him if Fisher's inclination is to just cut ties.

I don't think anyone would classify Dunbar's on-the-field performance last year as anything but disappointing - especially comparing it to 2012.

But Armstrong is so raw... and so undisciplined at times...

This will be an interesting story to watch unfold.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
No this is not a positive thing to occur but the Ram, who is allegedly to have been involved the 5-11 235 pound Jo Lunn Dunbar (who I just really like on the field) is not real starter...more a top reserve in my mind. I have posted earlier that I was expecting more big Nickles with three safeties & even more use of the use of more DB's with less Lb'ers on the field. Snead-Fisher & Williams drafted two DB's (Joyner & Alexander) that are dynamic talents IMO. I would not be all that surprised if GW has been very busy adding & drawing up many of his new Ram defenses with a taller leaner faster & quicker rookie 6-1 220 plus pound Mo Alexander on the field with safeties McDonald & McLeod in place of a SSLB'er.

I have already voiced to this great forum that Dunbar most important Ram role in the 2014 team would be as JL's main back up if JL was unable to play. Dunbar's role in the new defense was not going to be that vital or that important once DB's Joyner & Alexander & DL'er Donald flash what will add on the field.

As far as Ray Ray Armstrong's to the rescue....I not there folks....sure Ray Ray will be improved & possibly have grown some additional brain cells to enable him getting in on the first team but there are others who will be competing with these opportunities I for one think that Ray Ray will get a serious run from UDFA rookie Tavarius Wilson....keep an eye on this rookie & so should the vet Dunbar...Wilson can play the mike & the strong side...just like Dunbar.

In conclusion this Dunbar incident & what may, or may not fall out from this south beach incident will not be anything causing Snead-Fisher or Williams to loose sleep more like a aggravating small pebble hiding inside their sneakers. Dunbar may have just speed-ed up his diminishing time on the field during game day this season that was already most likely under way before this event.
Very well stated. Dunbar has always been a Mike/Sam option. But Laurinaitis stays healthy so much you just don't think about it.

No matter what, I think they'll eventually have to draft another LB, but their choice in drafting Joyner and Alexander is pretty telling about the direction Williams wants to go with this defense.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Thanks for posting this. It brings some clarity to the whole mess. It's a good thing Dunbar wasn't tasered or he would have been the third Rams player on this roster to have that happen to him, which I'm assuming would have been an NFL record.

Really Jo-Lonn? You have nothing better to do a few days before training camp than duke it out at a night club at almost 5:30 in the morning? :confused:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It appears to me that this is exactly the type of thing Fish tells all of his players to avoid. THAT may be what gets Dunbar in the most trouble. Other than that, it seems pretty whack to still be at a club at 5am. The charge doesn't seem to be much of a big deal. I'd have to say pissing off Fish is where his biggest concern should be.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
It appears to me that this is exactly the type of thing Fish tells all of his players to avoid. THAT may be what gets Dunbar in the most trouble. Other than that, it seems pretty whack to still be at a club at 5am. The charge doesn't seem to be much of a big deal. I'd have to say pissing off Fish is where his biggest concern should be.
Last post and best of the thread. The biggest thing out of any here is did Jo Lonn piss of Fisher?! Lol ask Vince Young how that works out?!
As to a fighting?! Hell not much of a big deal.... I've personally had 5+ such charges. Yes I had head in butt syndrome at one point. Legally not that big of a issue for Jo-Lonn but being out at 5:30am? Come on dude.... Wish I would of been a NfL player.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
When will these knuckleheads ever learn?
-------------------------------------------------------
Alabama fan yells “Roll Tide,” sucker punches Titans QB
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 21, 2014

mettenberger.jpg
AP

Maybe Titans rookie quarterback Zach Mettenberger should wear a red no-contact jersey when he goes out in Nashville.

Or at least put on some cologne to cover up the smell of corn dogs.

According to Jim Wyatt of the Tennesseean, Mettenberger was sucker-punched at a bar over the weekend, after a fellow patron taunted the former LSU quarterback with a yell of “Roll Tide.”

Steve Ford, the owner of Loser’s Most Wanted Bar & Grill, said Mettenberger did nothing wrong before the Alabama fan took a shot.

“Here’s the truth: The guy said something about ‘Roll Tide!’ to Zach, and Zach turned around and said ‘Good luck with that,’ ” Ford said. “And the guy’s buddy then sucker-punched Zach.

“I promise you that Mettenberger did not throw a punch. He didn’t do anything. The guy sucker-punched him in the eye, that’s the bottom line, and the guy that punched him started running out the door. My door guys had to chase him down.”

Neither Mettenberger nor the bar owner will press charges.

“I know in 15 years being in the bar business, I know that everyone is trying to provoke someone who is a moving billboard,” Ford said. “I don’t care if they are country music, a rapper, football players or whatever. Everybody is trying to push somebody’s buttons. It is a lawsuit jungle out there.”

To his credit, Mettenberger apparently handled the incident appropriately, saving the Titans a preseason headache.

Alabama fans are fucking idiots (apologies to any Alabama/Rams fans the Rams must surely cancel the 'Bama out (y)).

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I bet there is like 4 people on this site that got into a drunken fight with one of there friends this weekend and are still friends now.

Was it dumb.....totally but we have all done something like this once.

Is it a big deal.....No.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I bet there is like 4 people on this site that got into a drunken fight with one of there friends this weekend and are still friends now.

Was it dumb.....totally but we have all done something like this once.

Is it a big deal.....No.

That's called a slow Tuesday night in the barracks. Bunch of grunts, we had to bring boxing gloves on deployments so when we beat the shit out of each other we could still go on missions. We had two guys who had a fued for probably 2 weeks, we'd walk back in from patrol and they'd just drop their ruck grab the gloves and go at it. Finally during a pretty hairy firefight one of them saved the others life (because no matter what we fought about we were still a family) and there wasn't a fight since. Those two never liked each other from the start and it boiled into hate. 10 minutes of them alone together during a firefight and now they're best friends for life.:ROFLMAO:

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
As to Mettenberger, he SHOULD press charges against that jackwagon on sheer principle. Take the redneck's pickup truck and donate it to an appropriate charity.

As to Dunbar, there is at least the small nugget of coolness that it was 2 to 1 and the sucker punch to the back of the head was witnessed. The incident is super embarassing for Green especially. Good luck finding work now, friend. Pretty funny that he got tazed in the ass. It's good that the whole scuffle seems to be pretty well documented and Dunbar has what sounds like a good case of self defense. In any event, it was pretty dumb for Jo-Lonn to put himself into this potential situation in the first place.

I wonder what the beef is between Green and Dunbar. Anybody know? Pretty clearly they've had a rivalry for some time now.

There is a saying that I like but I have no idea who said it:

"Pride is the belt that holds our pants up when we aren't wearing any pants."

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
But wait there's more........
-----------------------------------
Report: Eagles’ Keelan Johnson arrested for assaulting police officer
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 21, 2014

keelanjohnson.png

Eagles safety Keelan Johnson has been arrested after an altercation with police at a bar in Tempe, Arizona.

Johnson was charged with assaulting a police officer, passively resisting arrest and disorderly conduct, according to Arizona news station KTAR.

Police say Johnson was standing in front of a bar at 2 a.m. after an acquaintance was involved in a fight. As police detained Johnson’s acquaintance, Johnson shouted at officers. He was told to step back and then, according to police, when an officer tried to move him back, Johnson shoved the officer and a scuffle ensued. The report said Johnson appeared to be intoxicated.

The 24-year-old Johnson signed with the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent out of Arizona State last year, then signed with the Eagles when the Dolphins cut him at the end of the preseason. Johnson played in two games for the Eagles last season.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Note to NFL players; it's almost time to report. Stay out of bars!

RamBill

Legend
Dunbar tells police he was just defending himself
By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_23bd5881-99d9-5745-ab1e-bda7e2773419.html

According to police reports on file with the Miami Beach (Fla.) police department, NBA player Donte Greene had to be restrained with a taser gun in an early-Sunday morning altercation with Rams linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar outside a South Beach nightclub.

Contrary to earlier reports, Dunbar was arrested for disorderly conduct and breach of peace — a misdemeanor. He was not charged with battery as had been indicated earlier.

Greene, on the other hand, was arrested for battery, disorderly conduct and breach of peace. Greene's brother Dmetrique also was involved in the altercation and was arrested for disorderly conduct and breach of peace.

Rams officials have declined comment at this time, but Dunbar — one of the team's starting outside linebackers — is expected to be on the field Friday when the Rams hold their first full-squad practice of training camp.

According to the police reports, Dunbar told arresting officers he was just defending himself.

The arrest affidavits indicated that the defendants (Dunbar and the Greene brothers) were involved in a verbal altercation as they left the Club Dream. Club security and several patrons attempted to keep the parties from fighting by holding them apart.

But a short time later, the defendants starting brawling just south of the club entrance. As Dunbar and Dmetrique were exchanging punches, Donte approached Dunbar from behind and began to punch Dunbar in the head and neck area.

According to the police reports, one of the arresting officers said he was concerned about Dunbar's safety, and gave Donte Greene "one last verbal warning" to stop. When that warning was unsuccessful, Donte Greene was tased for "approximately 6-7 seconds."

After that, the fighting stopped. Donte Greene subsequently told police: "I'm sorry officer, but this guy (Dunbar) has been after me for years since I got into the NBA. He was beating my brother and I had to do what I did."

Where and how Donte Greene and Dunbar may have had a history is uncertain. Greene attended Syracuse University and Dunbar is from Syracuse, N.Y., and both athletes entered the professional ranks in their respective sports following the 2007-08 school year, but Dunbar attended Boston College.

Neither of Dunbar's agents responded to text messages and phone calls from the Post-Dispatch. Dunbar could not be reached.

This marks the second year in a row Dunbar has gotten off on the wrong foot prior to a football season. Last August, it was announced that Dunbar would be suspended by the NFL for four games for violating league policy on performance-enhancing substances. He could face league punishment for his role in Sunday's nightclub altercation. Dunbar re-signed with the Rams during the offseason, but was expected to be pushed by Ray Ray Armstrong for a starting job this season.

Donte Greene, currently a free agent, played 253 games with the Sacramento Kings from 2008-2012.