Dear Foles Haters...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Whether I agree or not is irrelevant to my point on this reply. This is an example of what might be considered a negative post but is done in an acceptable manner. It gets the point across and is not disrespectful. We can all tell what Hometown thinks of Foles' play but he didn't disrespect Foles or another member of ROD.
Thanks for the endorsement. I know it's pretty hard to hold back the harshness when the loss is still so fresh, but I think it helps a lot that I know where a lot of us migrated from and we know what happened when that talk got too far out of control.

But since the site has been up for such a long time now, there's guys who have been on here regularly that have no knowledge of what the PD site is, so while they think it's being innocuous to us it's almost akin to saying that you want to murder Foles in his sleep and then for good measure kick any puppy in his neighborhood. I think you guys have been pretty good and understanding on that front, but things have definitely been getting a little too tense even for my tastes so thanks for stepping in.

Not that anybody asked, but my way to make sure I don't step on any toes lately is just to chill, if it's not in a vent thread and the loss is still fresh I take my time to reread my post, see if there's anything I think I would regret posting later and amend it to get my point across without coming across as bitchy and if I can't then I preface it with an apology on if I come across as such. Ultimately what helps me most is asking myself if the roles were reversed and I was an NFL QB and Foles was some nobody with a PH.D in armchair GMing, would I be pissed if I saw it posted about me online? If so then I don't post it.

And there's your useless, unasked for advice for the day.

jjab360

Legend
Actually he is not far from the worse he is ranked 30th in QBR this year. I'm sure you can find another rating system that has him slightly higher or lower but the reality is he has stunk up the field most of the time. On a few occasions he has made plays but just not consistently enough to not consider making a change.
My case? QBR is garbage.

My evidence?

Exhibit A:
Screenshot%202015-10-13%2012.57.06.png

Exhibit B:

View: https://twitter.com/KennethArthuRS/status/661320187426148352

I rest my case.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Completely unacceptable. Discuss the points of the thread or simply don't reply.
Wow. Really? You went back to Sunday to dig up a perfectly accurate, if not oversensitive post just for this? Man, I have been on here for a while without being called out by a mod. Maybe I should take a break for a while. Clearly I am getting out of control....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wow. Really? You went back to Sunday to dig up a perfectly accurate, if not oversensitive post just for this? Man, I have been on here for a while without being called out by a mod. Maybe I should take a break for a while. Clearly I am getting out of control....
I wasn't around Sunday or Monday. So yeah - I'm playing catch up. You were essentially calling the OP dumb for posting the thread. You expect me not to say something? Doesn't matter to me who you are or how long you've been here. If you do that, and I see it, I will generally say something about it.

jjab360

Legend
I agree QBR is a terrible metric but show me something that shows Foles is not at or near the bottom of the league is what I was looking for.
I'm not saying such a metric exists. Statistically, he's been terrible. Statistically, so have Big Ben, Brees, Palmer, Luck, Flacco, and many, many other good/great QBs at some point in their careers.

In fact, there's very few franchise QBs in the NFL who have never had a down year, statistically.

And almost none of the guys who have down years have had to change entire teams and systems and dealt with the type of OL and receivers that Foles has this year all at the same time. I'm just saying I'm willing to wait it out a bit with a guy who has shown how good he can be with the right scheme fit and personnel.

MountainRam

Rookie
Seriously? Back dooriing a personal slam is not acceptable either. Let's just show some respect for the organization AND fellow ROD members.

I really believe Foles is the best in this division.

Wilson is not a good passing QB. Hits are taking a toll on him already
Palmer is old and is one injury away from ending his career
9ers don't have a backup QB. Forget about starting QB.

Foles is a true young QB and can play standing in the pocket spreading the ball around. I really believe in the long term he is is best option.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm not saying such a metric exists. Statistically, he's been terrible. Statistically, so have Big Ben, Brees, Palmer, Luck, Flacco, and many, many other good/great QBs at some point in their careers.

In fact, there's very few franchise QBs in the NFL who have never had a down year, statistically.

And almost none of the guys who have down years have had to change entire teams and systems and dealt with the type of OL and receivers that Foles has this year all at the same time. I'm just saying I'm willing to wait it out a bit with a guy who has shown how good he can be with the right scheme fit and personnel.
I have my hopes too otherwise it will be another long offseason wondering what they will do. He's got to be better than he's shown and so do the rest of them. I guess we'll have to wait and see how things look at the half way point next year before we really know if they will come together.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Wilson is not a good passing QB. Hits are taking a toll on him already.

Um. I agree Wilson isn't "great" at passing, but I just gotta disagree that hits are taking a toll on him! He seems to NEVER get injured. Up until the minute I'm typing this he is still taking off and scrambling to buy time to make a completion or just flat out running the ball for 1st down after 1st down. There is no proof in his play that hits are taking a toll on him.

I wish I was wrong. I'll admit I wouldn't mind an ounce if he took a hit that put him out for the season. I really wouldn't. I hate the Seahawks that much.

But to my dismay, Russell Wilson just never gets injured.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
This is not acceptable on ROD. And I say this to all.

I'm not sure if you intended to circumvent the profanity filter but if you did, please don't. Members can choose to filter profanity if they want. Other members can choose to see profanity. We all have that option and circumventing the filter by typing things like "fu cking" or "SH1T", etcetera, only make it so that those who want to filter out profanity, still have to see it. If you want to say freak - type freak.

That being said, I also urge all members not to abuse the freedom to use profanities here on ROD. Moderation is the key.

Another example of what is not acceptable here.

Not digging this either.

Borderline as you are referring to his play and not to him personally. Still - not a fan of putting it this way. And I know for a fact you can use your words better.

Completely unacceptable. Discuss the points of the thread or simply don't reply.

Whether I agree or not is irrelevant to my point on this reply. This is an example of what might be considered a negative post but is done in an acceptable manner. It gets the point across and is not disrespectful. We can all tell what Hometown thinks of Foles' play but he didn't disrespect Foles or another member of ROD.

Save it. Who is putting labels on anyone? Oh right - YOU. Don't carry what you see on other forums over to ROD.

My only problem with this is the bolded. Don't assume motives and cast them at other members. We can all read a statement within a post or several and come away with different views of what motive the poster might have. In casting motives at another member, you just made that entire response aimed at him rather than the other valid points you made.

Seriously? Back dooriing a personal slam is not acceptable either. Let's just show some respect for the organization AND fellow ROD members.

No offense? C'mon man. If someone doesn't agree with you they haven't been paying attention? How could anyone take offense to that? Just a thought. If you feel the need to start a post or statement with "No offense" maybe you should reconsider typing it. I've almost never seen that lead in without the follow being offensive.

I may be the biggest Mannion homer here but I have to think Mannion is not quite ready and probably actually wouldn't give us either a better chance or be appropriate for us to play him. If for no other reason, I would like Mannion to watch the game and learn from others' mistakes while not being killed behind this inexperienced of O-line. If Mannion is our future - which I think he can be - I want to let him sit the entire season at minimum and learn like QBs used to. When I look at some of these QBs being rushed in, I see several of them that look like they will be journeymen or out of the game in short order. I think Mannion can be damn good but it won't be from rushing him in on this team right now. Just my opinion of course.

Not sure why I'm getting the call out.
1. This team has touted GRob as a potential HOF talent, hence the "vaunted",
And 2. He does look like high school freshman, albeit on with physical talent, playing on a varsity team.
No personal insult, implied or otherwise, intended. I think it's an entirely accurate statement, and one I've been very consistent on since he moved to LT, so that's not just the loss talking. I said the above with no malicious intent, just right now that's what he looks like IMO.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not sure why I'm getting the call out.
1. This team has touted GRob as a potential HOF talent, hence the "vaunted",
And 2. He does look like high school freshman, albeit on with physical talent, playing on a varsity team.
No personal insult, implied or otherwise, intended. I think it's an entirely accurate statement, and one I've been very consistent on since he moved to LT, so that's not just the loss talking. I said the above with no malicious intent, just right now that's what he looks like IMO.
Yours was one of the lesser offenses - I'll admit. However, saying one of our players is playing like a High School player is still disrespecting a current member of the Rams.
I really believe Foles is the best in this division.

Wilson is not a good passing QB. Hits are taking a toll on him already
Palmer is old and is one injury away from ending his career
9ers don't have a backup QB. Forget about starting QB.

Foles is a true young QB and can play standing in the pocket spreading the ball around. I really believe in the long term he is is best option.
Seriously? Well if that is the case, I apologize. I really did think you were just being sarcastic.

I think Foles has been up and down and very inconsistent. Unfortunately, I think you could say that about our entire offense minus maybe Gurley and TA for the most part. I agree that Wilson is not a good passer but has times when he has some amazing passes. Palmer is a very good passer but pressure takes that game away.

Personally, I have a hard time comparing our QB to others and calling him better. IMO, he hasn't showed me enough to give me the warm and fuzzies. It's not all on him though and it would be nice to see a game where his receivers didn't drop the passes he hit them with and he wasn't launching passes well over their heads, and our O-line was doing a good job at run and pass blocking. Oh to dream - right?

All that said, I am not giving up hope on him OR our offense to improve enough to win games like this and even win the division. If that happens, all bets are off and I'm all in on Foles. Let's all hope it happens.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
it's one thing if just a handful of outsiders were shit talking Foles but you have MANY prominent members upset. IMO this excessive censorship has gotten to be a bit much when it seems like a majority of the members feel the same. this isn't communist China but the crack down on any harsh criticism toward Foles IMO is causing more rifts than just letting it be. there haven't seemed to be too much argument back and forth in these Foles threads so if the public wants to talk about it they should be able too wether a little harsh or not. and I understand that MAYBE some Rams personnel or whoever may pop in once and a while but it's just not right if mods are locking down on 10-20 ppl that want to express their frustration. freedom of speech here has been stripped a bit. it's one thing if members attack one another then by all means moderate. but saying Foles is garbage cus he can't throw to or see open receivers is just fact. and considering he's bad at almost everythingthe member shouldn't have to constantly repeat the same complaints and criticisms. considering most ppl are in agreement it's almost like censoring the majority of the Foles threads and main forum members. sorry but just expressing what I see. if the mods want to solve this issue then you guys need a sticky thread on Foles so that we're at least allowed to express our feelings somewhere. just my honest two cents but it ain't up to me

Last edited:

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Yours was one of the lesser offenses - I'll admit. However, saying one of our players is playing like a High School player is still disrespecting a current member of the Rams.

I'm still not sure why that particular comparison is considered disrespectful, but I'll withdraw the comparison.

Plainly put, IMO if he doesn't show improvement by the end of the year I would consider him a wasted pick at #2 overall.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
it's one thing if just a handful of outsiders were crap talking Foles but you have MANY prominent members upset. IMO this excessive censorship has gotten to be a bit much when it seems like a majority of the members feel the same. this isn't communist China but the crack down on any harsh criticism toward Foles IMO is causing more rifts than just letting it be. there haven't seemed to be too much argument back and forth in these Foles threads so if the public wants to talk about it they should be able too wether a little harsh or not. and I understand that MAYBE some Rams personnel or whoever may pop in once and a while but it's just not right if mods are locking down on 10-20 ppl that want to express their frustration. freedom of speech here has been stripped a bit. it's one thing if members attack one another then by all means moderate. but saying Foles is garbage cus he can't throw to or see open receivers is just fact. and considering he's bad at almost everythingthe member shouldn't have to constantly repeat the same complaints and criticisms. considering most ppl are in agreement it's almost like censoring the majority of the Foles threads and main forum members. sorry but just expressing what I see. if the mods want to solve this issue then you guys need a sticky thread on Foles so that we're at least allowed to express our feelings somewhere. just my honest two cents but it ain't up to me

I didn't agree with it either but that's a bit harsh. He's just trying to do his job and keep the forum on the right path.

maximus

Rookie
it's one thing if just a handful of outsiders were crap talking Foles but you have MANY prominent members upset. IMO this excessive censorship has gotten to be a bit much when it seems like a majority of the members feel the same. this isn't communist China but the crack down on any harsh criticism toward Foles IMO is causing more rifts than just letting it be. there haven't seemed to be too much argument back and forth in these Foles threads so if the public wants to talk about it they should be able too wether a little harsh or not. and I understand that MAYBE some Rams personnel or whoever may pop in once and a while but it's just not right if mods are locking down on 10-20 ppl that want to express their frustration. freedom of speech here has been stripped a bit. it's one thing if members attack one another then by all means moderate. but saying Foles is garbage cus he can't throw to or see open receivers is just fact. and considering he's bad at almost everythingthe member shouldn't have to constantly repeat the same complaints and criticisms. considering most ppl are in agreement it's almost like censoring the majority of the Foles threads and main forum members. sorry but just expressing what I see. if the mods want to solve this issue then you guys need a sticky thread on Foles so that we're at least allowed to express our feelings somewhere. just my two cents

You do realize that if the receivers catch 2 well thrown deep balls from Foles (Kendricks - Pitt TA-Vikings), Rams win 2 more games and sit at 6-2? Yet the harsh criticism is directed mainly at him. SMH

jjab360

Legend
it's one thing if just a handful of outsiders were crap talking Foles but you have MANY prominent members upset. IMO this excessive censorship has gotten to be a bit much when it seems like a majority of the members feel the same. this isn't communist China but the crack down on any harsh criticism toward Foles IMO is causing more rifts than just letting it be. there haven't seemed to be too much argument back and forth in these Foles threads so if the public wants to talk about it they should be able too wether a little harsh or not. and I understand that MAYBE some Rams personnel or whoever may pop in once and a while but it's just not right if mods are locking down on 10-20 ppl that want to express their frustration. freedom of speech here has been stripped a bit. it's one thing if members attack one another then by all means moderate. but saying Foles is garbage cus he can't throw to or see open receivers is just fact. and considering he's bad at almost everythingthe member shouldn't have to constantly repeat the same complaints and criticisms. considering most ppl are in agreement it's almost like censoring the majority of the Foles threads and main forum members. sorry but just expressing what I see. if the mods want to solve this issue then you guys need a sticky thread on Foles so that we're at least allowed to express our feelings somewhere. just my honest two cents but it ain't up to me
Can't throw to or see open receivers? Like ever? That's a fact.... do you know what fact means?

And bad at everything? So, like, when Foles goes to the grocery store, what does he do? He doesn't have a legible list because he's bad at writing, wouldn't know what it said anyway because he's bad at reading, doesn't know what he needs because he has a bad memory, gets all the wrong things because he's a bad decision maker, and bad at tossing things in the cart because he'll probably just underthrow it? Maybe a little less hyperbole next time?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'll tell you what. I've never claimed to be infallible. But I have always acted in what I feel is the best interest of keeping this site from being like many others. It has always been the policy of this site to not allow derogatory comments toward our players, anyone in the organization, or fellow members. I am not about to change that now because YOU feel censored.

We have done nothing to crack down on respectful discussion of how people view Foles as a QB of our team. I have been critical as well. But if your view is that you should be able to express that by calling him garbage, you are posting on the wrong board.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I didn't agree with it either but that's a bit harsh. He's just trying to do his job and keep the forum on the right path.
wasn't trying to be mean. but I'm just being honest. it's gotten pretty darn frustrating at this point and i just think that we should be allowed to be harsh on a player as Iong as members don't fight.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm still not sure why that particular comparison is considered disrespectful, but I'll withdraw the comparison.

Plainly put, IMO if he doesn't show improvement by the end of the year I would consider him a wasted pick at #2 overall.
I understand blue. But it is disrespectful. Saying a pro player is playing at a high school level just is. It certainly is not the worst insult I've seen and I hope you got that from my earlier response.

Talking about how he is playing and where he is playing below expectations is fine. I think we all expect improvement from GRob. Whether it is a wasted pick will depend on that improvement. Not sure any one of us would agree on what that level of improvement is before it becomes a wasted pick and not just one that shouldn't in hind sight have been taken that high - but I can see that point.

Personally, if he remains a starter and even if he slides in at Guard, I don't feel it is a wasted pick. A gamble that didn't work? Yeah - I'd give it that. Of course the NFL is full of those so....

Anyway, it gets pretty tough around here after losses. Especially after losses I think most of us expected not to happen. I will probably always be hammering home the respect factor here after such losses. I seriously wish I didn't feel the need and I hope you understand that .

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I'll tell you what. I've never claimed to be infallible. But I have always acted in what I feel is the best interest of keeping this site from being like many others. It has always been the policy of this site to not allow derogatory comments toward our players, anyone in the organization, or fellow members. I am not about to change that now because YOU feel censored.

We have done nothing to crack down on respectful discussion of how people view Foles as a QB of our team. I have been critical as well. But if your view is that you should be able to express that by calling him garbage, you are posting on the wrong board.
was only being honest. i apologize. wasn't trying to insult. I myself have not posted a single bad thing about Foles without making sure to give fair reasonable criticism as too why. I simple wished to share my opinion and maybe a thread request. without insult. it was simply an honest thought and opinion. I just don't think you needed to come at me that hard