Dear Foles Haters...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
I don't understand the hate Wilson gets on this forum.

The dude is a serious QB talent in this league. Nick Foles couldn't hold his jock.
You seriously don't understand the hate that a division rival's QB gets on the opposing teams' forum?

Fuck Wussell Wilson, he could probably fit inside Foles' jock LOL.

jjab360

Legend
http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr ....#30 is how far from 32 again?
But we do have other issues....That I think could be corrected by replacing one player...

Mannion....We need to see if this kid is the answer....He did have a great season in college...2013...wasn't bad in 2012 either....I would like to see if he's a starter or backup quality player...If he's a backup player, it would effect my draft in 2016....

Mannion...

Nothing to lose....

That's why we need to look at him...if he can do the same as NF, with very few mistakes.....we can still win the same game Foles will/would...

#1 ability a QB needs...the ability to process information quickly...it starts pre-snap...what is he looking at? What is he looking for? Some of the plays he audibled into....like he audibled for audibles sake....not to effect the play..not to make a play more successful...the 2nd half was painful....Missing the opening play of the game?!?....reminded me of bubba's mom to forrest gump,

I actually think his main problem is he's so inaccurate....even if he continues to be late with throws..if he could put the ball on most of his passes, he'd have some success.

Fixed it for ya Dave!
No offense, but if you really believe Mannion is the answer you haven't been paying attention...

Irish

Starter
You seriously don't understand the hate that a division rival's QB gets on the opposing teams' forum?

freak Wussell Wilson, he could probably fit inside Foles' jock LOL.
I get the hate the Seahawks get. I get the hate Kaepernick gets for being a dick.

Wilson plays the position well and is a good person. We'd be lucky to have a guy like that on our team.

I HATE the Blackhawks with the passion of 1000 burning suns, but I would buy a Toews jersey tomorrow if he was on my team. Patrick Kane is phenomenal hockey talent, but he is also a dick and I don't want him on my team.

That's my point.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Please stop. He's not going anywhere, we just signed the guy an extension. Yeah maybe he's not the greatest but he's far from the worst in the NFL. We have other issues to focus on anyway.

Not going to turn this into a "what we need" thread, just please stop it with the ridiculous Foles hating. Can't believe some of the stuff I read on here regarding our QB.
Bluesy, I don't "hate" Nick Foles. I do very much dislike his inability to play QB this season. He's been so bad that I'm not sure if your statement holds any water. He may very well be the worst starting QB in the NFL.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
No offense, but if you really believe Mannion is the answer you haven't been paying attention...
That is offensive. Just saying. Everyone has the right to their opinion. You love Foles? Great. Good for you. I won't knock you for that.

Most of us are hardcore Rams fans. Why put up with them if we are not?

RedRam

Pro Bowler
If only Gurley had converted that 2pointer we wouldn't have gone into OT.... now thats something to think about ;)
I know, right? ;)

quote-if-ifs-and-buts-were-candy-and-nuts-wouldn-t-it-be-a-merry-christmas-don-meredith-289854.jpg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I have been paying attention...in fact, I figured that after 5 games, this dude wasn't the "answer"......
We don't know what Snisher saw in Mannion, but whatever it was, he needs to see if it will work in a game...if not we need to keep Foles as a backup...If he's backup material, fine...If he's starter material, GREAT....Foles isn't a capable starter...I wouldn't really want him as a backup, I like guys that can scramble, but hey we got him, might as well use him for something....
No one knows what Mannion will do in a real game...might as well see...we're not going anywhere with Nick.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I have been paying attention...in fact, I figured that after 5 games, this dude wasn't the "answer"......
We don't know what Snisher saw in Mannion, but whatever it was, he needs to see if it will work in a game...if not we need to keep Foles as a backup...If he's backup material, fine...If he's starter material, GREAT....Foles isn't a capable starter...I wouldn't really want him as a backup, I like guys that can scramble, but hey we got him, might as well use him for something....
No one knows what Mannion will do in a real game...might as well see...we're not going anywhere with Nick.
Isn't Sam Bradford a free agent next season? Too soon??

jjab360

Legend
That is offensive. Just saying. Everyone has the right to their opinion. You love Foles? Great. Good for you. I won't knock you for that.

Most of us are hardcore Rams fans. Why put up with them if we are not?
I never questioned anyone's fanhood, not sure where you're getting that from.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

LACHAMP46 I like your football knowledge sir and most always enjoy your posts. But Keenum is by far the better option over Mannion at this time. I'm surprised you aren't seeing that. Did you see Mannion during preseason?

jjab360

Legend
Trying to get the thread locked? Not my point, at all.
I'm pretty sure saying things like "Trying to get the thread locked?" is what gets threads locked lol.

But okay, if that wasn't your point, then what was?

RedRam

Pro Bowler
In essence, this is what I disagree with:

It's the implication that Bridgewater is why the Vikes won and Foles is why we lost and that doesn't even scratch the surface of the truth.

I really made no implication as you say. You perceived it that way. That's on you. I guess I just can't explain my viewpoint properly.

This thread is about Foles. I have been trying to stick to Foles. Foles poor play in the game, among other things I mentioned, factored into the Rams losing the game. I'd think that's raking the truth at minimum, let alone scratching the surface. Not once did I say that Bridgewater was the reason why the Vikings won nor did I say Foles was the reason why the Rams lost. Talk about not even scratching the surface...:thinking:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm pretty sure saying things like "Trying to get the thread locked?" is what gets threads locked lol.

But okay, if that wasn't your point, then what was?
Just read what you said. Read, in whole, what I replied, and if you still don't understand, I can't help you.

I just want an open, honest discussion, as always. I want us to be respectful to each other. I have no problem with any member here. I don't want to, either.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But Keenum is by far the better option over Mannion at this time. I'm surprised you aren't seeing that. Did you see Mannion during preseason?
Thanks Brian.....I have no doubts that at this time, Keenum is better than Mannion...probably better than Foles too...He has some phenomenal games on tape....2 years ago he was doing some incredible things trying to will Houston to wins...I was looking into the future...how can this team win a game on the road, vs a good/great team? We need a superior thrower....And I don't think Keenum is that...Mannion could be....and if he is, we should stick with him...Play this Fisher ball, and get him some experience...Youth is NOT an excuse...I get most wanna still go to the playoffs....I do to, but I'd rather be a good team, and all the other stuff will take care of itself...See if Mannion is the answer...If not, we have to go aggressive in the draft for a franchise QB...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Is this the watershed moment of the forum where people criticizing Foles started being labeled "haters"? ???

How bout we just respect others' opinions without putting labels on them? Unless you want a label yourself of course.

No offense to the OP but I never cared for the term "haters" either. It doesn't fit in the context of sports. It seems to be an internet thing where it's used far too often to describe those whom we disagree with.

There will be no "watershed moment" where Rams players are given a free pass and coddled if they're not doing their jobs well. Anyone who accuses ROD of doing that needs to sharpen their reading comprehension skills. Either that or they have an agenda.

Criticism is perfectly fine but there's a difference between criticism and childish venting.

"Nick Foles played a terrible game. He's below any expectations I had for him. Here's why..." This is an example of appropriate criticism.

"Nick Foles sucks. He's a loser, etc." This is inappropriate criticism.

You can insert any player or coach in there instead of Nick Foles and the same rules apply.

Why do the mods here hold our members to these standards? Because there's no way we will allow ROD to become like another Rams forum which will not be mentioned.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So we should start the Case Keenum experiment now. Is that what your saying!?
What are we getting from foles.. all the talk about our "bad" offensive line wouldn't it make more sense to put some one in with more mobility and a stronger arm

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Please stop. He's not going anywhere, we just signed the guy an extension. Yeah maybe he's not the greatest but he's far from the worst in the NFL. We have other issues to focus on anyway.

Not going to turn this into a "what we need" thread, just please stop it with the ridiculous Foles hating. Can't believe some of the stuff I read on here regarding our QB.

Actually he is not far from the worse he is ranked 30th in QBR this year. I'm sure you can find another rating system that has him slightly higher or lower but the reality is he has stunk up the field most of the time. On a few occasions he has made plays but just not consistently enough to not consider making a change.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Foles is garbage.
This is not acceptable on ROD. And I say this to all.

he needs to step up and make a fu cking play.
I'm not sure if you intended to circumvent the profanity filter but if you did, please don't. Members can choose to filter profanity if they want. Other members can choose to see profanity. We all have that option and circumventing the filter by typing things like "fu cking" or "SH1T", etcetera, only make it so that those who want to filter out profanity, still have to see it. If you want to say fuck - type fuck.

That being said, I also urge all members not to abuse the freedom to use profanities here on ROD. Moderation is the key.

Foles suck
Another example of what is not acceptable here.

our vaunted LT looks like a high school freshman
Not digging this either.

But his performance is dogshit.
Borderline as you are referring to his play and not to him personally. Still - not a fan of putting it this way. And I know for a fact you can use your words better.

Possibly the dumbest, most ill timed thread ever.
Completely unacceptable. Discuss the points of the thread or simply don't reply.

Yeah, sorry dude. I'm sure Foles is a nice guy, but he's holding us back by completely missing reads, overthrowing his receivers and just generally not making the plays we need him to.

Nobody's going to applaud that.
Whether I agree or not is irrelevant to my point on this reply. This is an example of what might be considered a negative post but is done in an acceptable manner. It gets the point across and is not disrespectful. We can all tell what Hometown thinks of Foles' play but he didn't disrespect Foles or another member of ROD.

Is this the watershed moment of the forum where people criticizing Foles started being labeled "haters"? Do we really want to go down that road? If so, what are we going to call people who continue to make excuses for him? "Foles fellators" maybe? Or " Nickscuse makers." ???

How bout we just respect others' opinions without putting labels on them? Unless you want a label yourself of course.

Save it. Who is putting labels on anyone? Oh right - YOU. Don't carry what you see on other forums over to ROD.

Obviously you're overly compelled to defend Foles here. That's fine with me. Have at it. I'm not calling Foles out as the SOLE reason for the loss. I'm saying he had a bad game. He's had a few. I'm saying he needs to step up his game for this TEAM to be successful going forward. If the Rams win and Foles only throws for a buck-seventy, I couldn't care less about Foles' stats. But when the Rams lose a game because they can't move the ball offensively, then I look at what's behind that. Yesterday, the Rams had OL problems. The Rams had OC/coaching problems. The Rams had receiver problems. The Rams had QB problems. This particular thread is focused on the latter. I can't speak for anybody else here but I, for one, would like to see Foles play better as that might enhance the Rams' chances of winning games. Is that so wrong?
My only problem with this is the bolded. Don't assume motives and cast them at other members. We can all read a statement within a post or several and come away with different views of what motive the poster might have. In casting motives at another member, you just made that entire response aimed at him rather than the other valid points you made.

Seriously people, Nick Foles is the best QB in this division. Hands down. A bad OL and lack of talent at skill position (sorry guys Tavon is a utility/gadget player) is holding Foles back.
Seriously? Back dooriing a personal slam is not acceptable either. Let's just show some respect for the organization AND fellow ROD members.

No offense? C'mon man. If someone doesn't agree with you they haven't been paying attention? How could anyone take offense to that? Just a thought. If you feel the need to start a post or statement with "No offense" maybe you should reconsider typing it. I've almost never seen that lead in without the follow being offensive.

I may be the biggest Mannion homer here but I have to think Mannion is not quite ready and probably actually wouldn't give us either a better chance or be appropriate for us to play him. If for no other reason, I would like Mannion to watch the game and learn from others' mistakes while not being killed behind this inexperienced of O-line. If Mannion is our future - which I think he can be - I want to let him sit the entire season at minimum and learn like QBs used to. When I look at some of these QBs being rushed in, I see several of them that look like they will be journeymen or out of the game in short order. I think Mannion can be damn good but it won't be from rushing him in on this team right now. Just my opinion of course.