Dear Foles Haters...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I might be sounding like a broken record. But I am not sold on Foles at all as our quarterback going forward. If he needs time to develop by now, I have to wonder if its ever gonna happen. I see a guy who is unsure of his decision making. A guy who can't seem to see the field the way he should. Accuracy has been a problem at times.

And starting every game with a 3 and out? That is getting old. He has the look of a battered quarterback, but he hasn't had enough games getting battered to suffer from that. At some point, I gotta think Nick Foles is who he is by now. A backup caliber quarterback being counted on the be our quarterback of the future.

I understand quarterbacks don't grow on trees and we had to do something. Bradford couldn't be counted on for a team that has a playoff caliber defense and star running back. We needed someone who can guide this talented team and help them reach their potential. Unfortunately, Foles doesn't look like that guy. If he gets it together and lead us to good things, then I'll gladly eat crow. But so far, not so good.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
@RamFan503
I was wondering where you were.....Hey man, I try to describe the play...I never mean to disrespect a player...I know how tough this game is....Billion dollar game, and geniuses trying to win.... Mannion has the tools to succeed, With the type of game we play, as many have noted, a big play here or there would/will win most games.... I think a 4 year college QB can do this....and learn how to take us further in the future....
Would it stunt our team this year....meh, who knows? I don't see a seriously complicated offense. I see a bunch of screen passes....misdirection....and max protections...all to "protect" the QB. I think this offense needs a smart mind to execute it....With all that said...Something looks wrong with Foles...Some of his throws...some of the misses....Like he's terrified of making a mistake...and he's terrified of the pressure....Which isn't like him....I've seen him in college take serious heat....Gets up after the worst hits...And would stand in and do it all over again. I can't put my finger on it... He's taken some pressure this year....but really, not a bunch of hits and sacks.... Not an extraordinary amount, but what would be expected from playing tough defenses....When teams sell out, the QB's job is to make them pay....Or they will continue to emphasize putting pressure on the QB...Hence, he will continue to get hit...
and my main point..
Blue, I just notice a bunch of guys ALWAYS point out G-Rob looks like this, he looks like that...he's not doing his job....G-Rob, by my estimation, has started a total of 43 games as a LT in college and pros.....43
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Robinson_(offensive_tackle)
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/05/greg_robinson_a_better_player.html
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/..._helping_clear_wa.html#incart_related_stories

And honestly, he may get out of position, but I don't see his man destroying plays....I remember watching Barksdale this past Monday, virtually let Rivers get hit on back to back plays thinking, I haven't see G-Rob do ANYTHING like this, why do people rag on him all the time? We ran for 166 yards vs the Vikings...I think this is the 4th straight game of OVER 150 ypg....Yeah it's Gurley, Tavon, and a lil Mason & Benny, but it's 166 yards....How can the O-Line be so awful? How can G-Rob be so terrible? QB's get hit....See my statements above on how you slow the rush...wait, I'll help, COMPLETE SOME PASSES!!!! Foles has only been sacked....wait, let me look it up, 12 times....12....For some reason, if a QB doesn't have 5 seconds, gets hit, or the rushing lanes aren't as wide as the 405 fwy at 2am, the line isn't doing their job....Really?
I've looked at the wrs too....and yeah they drop a few....so do a bunch of prominent wrs in the league...so did a guy I just watched...name of Matthews....You know who went right to him, in OT?!? Building team confidence? Showing....not that word again (no not body language)...but showing leadership...Not talking about it, being about it...going to your teammate in the clutch moment...lifting him up....edifying...It's not all about rah-rah, leadership...I like the silent types...if a bunch of people gotta claim you're a leader...you're probably not...esp. if you haven't played a game yet....and another point...How would Cook know what a leader looks like? And I like Cook too...shut up, and catch the rock...
This team has too much talent to be 4-4....we need a shake up...We need some hope...A young hot QB could bring that...4-4 looks a lot like 8-8 to me...If not Mannion, then Keenum....:icare:
Rant over....

I watched GRob totally miss his man twice just watching replays on tv. His guy did destroy a pass play by hitting Foles as he threw. The guy was just a JAG, I forget his name but the announcer actually spoke of him earlier, talking about how it took him 8 years in the NFL to start. There were no savvy veteran moves he put on him, no skill set greater than GRobs. Just flat out awkwardness. You use 43 games as an excuse, and maybe you're right. But this is professional football, and he's only starting because he's a number 2 pick and the roster was built with literally no other option. So I guess we have no choice but to yet again talk about experience and "just wait til he plays next year."
And Foles bad play is his own fault. Neither the QB or OL is helping each other out.

BTW Austin had 8.3 per carry doing end around. When we tried to perform a normal run play, Gurley had nowhere to go. The good rushing plays from Minnesota came from playcalling and creative runs to Tavon. Not from winning the LOS not by a long shot. Say what you will, but the run game in the fourth quarter stalled for us and AP started to roll for them. And he ain't as good as Gurley and Austin combined. Make of that what you will.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
[av]http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/ryan/love.mp3[/av]
Awe shucks
upload_2015-11-11_11-33-23.png

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You're disappointed with the censorship? That's unfortunate, but that's just the way it is here. This site was created to provide a place where people could read and talk about the team in an environment free of phrases like "[So and so] is garbage", or "[So and so] is a freaking moron", or "[So and so] needs to be fired, cut, traded right freaking now." That's the way it is and that's the end of it. You can scream that stuff in the streets at the top of your lungs, and you'll be perfectly within your rights and free of recourse. Message boards don't adhere to the 1st Amendment, and they don't have to. So we don't. We laid out a set of rules, and people joined up with the understanding that those are the rules they would live by. If you missed those rules, they're easy to find in the Terms of Conditions at the bottom of the site.

Wanna say his performance is GARBAGE? That's fine. Wanna say Foles is GARBAGE? That's not fine.

If other people wanna voice their opinion that Foles isn't a problem, and that there are other problems that directly affect his performance, or that there isn't enough around him, then that's the basis of a debate of which you (and I) can participate. It's not BS at all simply because you don't believe it. And you're not being censored for stating the obvious. If you were censored, it's because you broke a rule. Deal with it and don't make the same mistake again. If I can do it, so can you. If you can't, then find a place where you feel your uncensored criticisms are more widely tolerated. You don't think I'd like to light into a player simply because I don't like him as a player? You think I wouldn't like to call Jared Cook or Stedman Bailey names? I do. But I do it in the confines of my home. On here, I respect the rules and the environment this board is trying to cultivate and maintain. So we don't "all need to step back and really look at what type of fans we are." What we need to do is follow some pretty simple freaking rules and decide if those are the rules we wanna live with while we're here. If not, there are other options out there so we can take our show on the road. If so, then all we have to do is chill out a little before we convey our thoughts.

It's not that difficult.

But then what do you know about the origins of this board? :cool:

Attachments

• upload_2015-11-11_11-39-41.png
    upload_2015-11-11_11-39-41.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 133

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
@RamFan503
I was wondering where you were.....Hey man, I try to describe the play...I never mean to disrespect a player...I know how tough this game is....Billion dollar game, and geniuses trying to win.... Mannion has the tools to succeed, With the type of game we play, as many have noted, a big play here or there would/will win most games.... I think a 4 year college QB can do this....and learn how to take us further in the future....
Would it stunt our team this year....meh, who knows? I don't see a seriously complicated offense. I see a bunch of screen passes....misdirection....and max protections...all to "protect" the QB. I think this offense needs a smart mind to execute it....With all that said...Something looks wrong with Foles...Some of his throws...some of the misses....Like he's terrified of making a mistake...and he's terrified of the pressure....Which isn't like him....I've seen him in college take serious heat....Gets up after the worst hits...And would stand in and do it all over again. I can't put my finger on it... He's taken some pressure this year....but really, not a bunch of hits and sacks.... Not an extraordinary amount, but what would be expected from playing tough defenses....When teams sell out, the QB's job is to make them pay....Or they will continue to emphasize putting pressure on the QB...Hence, he will continue to get hit...
and my main point..
You could be right. I just don't personally think it would be the right move for Mannion or the Rams. I think it would set us back this year and potentially be damaging to him for the future. I watched Mannion play most of his games in college. I think it is possible he would play better but I also have seen how things go with him when he is constantly under pressure. He needs at least a little time to process and throw. I don't think he is really any less mobile than Foles but at this point, needs to watch and learn. He is a smart QB so I would like him to have the chance to study and then be our QB of the future.

That all said, if they put him in, I'd be stoked to see him play in meaningful games.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He is a smart QB
My point exactly....I'm not saying Foles is a dullard....but that first play of the game had me scratching my head....Didn't everyone know what we were looking for there? Wasn't that play specifically scripted to go deep to Britt if we got a certain look? That kinda made me mad....What was he looking at? What DIDN'T he see there?

Mannion is sharp...I think all the 7-on-7 leagues for these kids have some ready immediately....Accelerated really, to the point where they don't need to sit forever....Look at Marriota....Look at Winston...Look at Cam, Wilson, Tannehil....I don't think Mannion is any worse than these guys....probably sharper....and this defense only needs 2 TD's a game...2...with a couple FGs....if we just move the ball some more....who knows what could happen?

RedRam

Pro Bowler
My point exactly....I'm not saying Foles is a dullard....but that first play of the game had me scratching my head....Didn't everyone know what we were looking for there? Wasn't that play specifically scripted to go deep to Britt if we got a certain look? That kinda made me mad....What was he looking at? What DIDN'T he see there?

Mannion is sharp...I think all the 7-on-7 leagues for these kids have some ready immediately....Accelerated really, to the point where they don't need to sit forever....Look at Marriota....Look at Winston...Look at Cam, Wilson, Tannehil....I don't think Mannion is any worse than these guys....probably sharper....and this defense only needs 2 TD's a game...2...with a couple FGs....if we just move the ball some more....who knows what could happen?

I feel pretty confident that Foles saw Britt but lacked the confidence to make the throw, especially into the wind. I'd bet there was a discussion on the sidelines where Foles was likely "coached" to just throw it if it's there if/when we run that play again. Obviously they did run it again and he had a successful completion.

Foles looked scared to me on Sunday. That's not good IMO. He needs to be able to put his huevos on the table and play without fear. I believe Foles is still suffering some PTSD from the Green Bay game. They've got to get him past that and into more of a "damn the torpedoes" mindset. Be smart but trust your teammates (except Cook), trust yourself, and throw the rock!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yup... been hearing that for years...

On the other hand... :effemine:
Not understanding, Nick foles hasnt been here for years
Since his 4 INT disaster, he hasnt thrown a pick (3 games)
They've gone 2-1 in those 3 and hes had a marginal, 60% comp 83 QBR.
So yeah, I'm thinking a nice solid game like hes had earlier this year would be what the doctor ordered.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
So yeah, I'm thinking a nice solid game like hes had earlier this year would be what the doctor ordered.
he barely throws the ball so I would hope he wouldn't be throwing constant picks. and those wins have come because of Tavon and Gurley carrying the load. he's also thrown many contested balls the the receiver has had to break up the play cus the corner was about to pick it off. Britt did it just last game. he hasn't thrown more than 200 yards since week one. and the learning a new system excuse just doesn't fly this deep into the system.
I might be sounding like a broken record. But I am not sold on Foles at all as our quarterback going forward. If he needs time to develop by now, I have to wonder if its ever gonna happen. I see a guy who is unsure of his decision making. A guy who can't seem to see the field the way he should. Accuracy has been a problem at times.

And starting every game with a 3 and out? That is getting old. He has the look of a battered quarterback, but he hasn't had enough games getting battered to suffer from that. At some point, I gotta think Nick Foles is who he is by now. A backup caliber quarterback being counted on the be our quarterback of the future.

I understand quarterbacks don't grow on trees and we had to do something. Bradford couldn't be counted on for a team that has a playoff caliber defense and star running back. We needed someone who can guide this talented team and help them reach their potential. Unfortunately, Foles doesn't look like that guy. If he gets it together and lead us to good things, then I'll gladly eat crow. But so far, not so good.
agreed. he's can only be successful in his spread quick pass and check down system Kelly had him use (less thinking more reaction) but the sudden 180 degree turn he had last year worried me and Kelly saw it. wish we had kept Bradford cus he could've run a decent play action scheme. but fans would be out for blood if he had gotten hurt again. and I feel like there's no way out with Foles now. it could be depressing watch another season or two of his play. idk how they could keep him another year or two if this is the production to expect.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
he barely throws the ball so I would hope he wouldn't be throwing constant picks. and those wins have come because of Tavon and Gurley carrying the load. he's also thrown many contested balls the the receiver has had to break up the play cus the corner was about to pick it off. Britt did it just last game. he hasn't thrown more than 200 yards since week one. and the learning a new system excuse just doesn't fly this deep into the system.
So a nice well played win wouldn't be a good thing?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're disappointed with the censorship? That's unfortunate, but that's just the way it is here. This site was created to provide a place where people could read and talk about the team in an environment free of phrases like "[So and so] is garbage", or "[So and so] is a freaking moron", or "[So and so] needs to be fired, cut, traded right freaking now." That's the way it is and that's the end of it. You can scream that stuff in the streets at the top of your lungs, and you'll be perfectly within your rights and free of recourse. Message boards don't adhere to the 1st Amendment, and they don't have to. So we don't. We laid out a set of rules, and people joined up with the understanding that those are the rules they would live by. If you missed those rules, they're easy to find in the Terms of Conditions at the bottom of the site.

Wanna say his performance is GARBAGE? That's fine. Wanna say Foles is GARBAGE? That's not fine.

If other people wanna voice their opinion that Foles isn't a problem, and that there are other problems that directly affect his performance, or that there isn't enough around him, then that's the basis of a debate of which you (and I) can participate. It's not BS at all simply because you don't believe it. And you're not being censored for stating the obvious. If you were censored, it's because you broke a rule. Deal with it and don't make the same mistake again. If I can do it, so can you. If you can't, then find a place where you feel your uncensored criticisms are more widely tolerated. You don't think I'd like to light into a player simply because I don't like him as a player? You think I wouldn't like to call Jared Cook or Stedman Bailey names? I do. But I do it in the confines of my home. On here, I respect the rules and the environment this board is trying to cultivate and maintain. So we don't "all need to step back and really look at what type of fans we are." What we need to do is follow some pretty simple freaking rules and decide if those are the rules we wanna live with while we're here. If not, there are other options out there so we can take our show on the road. If so, then all we have to do is chill out a little before we convey our thoughts.

It's not that difficult.

X's face is garbage. :eek: :p

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No the oline isn't great the receivers aren't the best but defense don't respect Foles because when he is presented with an opportunity a clean pocket and a open receiver 9 times out of 10 he misses them. Every team in the league saw the play with Britt running wide open and Foles dont see him, a lot of these problems are on Foles he don't read the field quick enough and if he do he don't trust what he see to get rid of the ball on time

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My bad... I thought you meant the team (even though the thread is about Foles).

Kinda like this...
So a nice well played win wouldn't be a good thing?

Yes, I've heard that before.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My bad... I thought you meant the team (even though the thread is about Foles).

Kinda like this...

Yes, I've heard that before.
Gotcha.
One game does not fix anything for sure team wise. I was talking speciafically about Foles. He has played great, for this team, this season. Will he again? Dont know. If he were able to put together a nice game I think it should give some confidence.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I wouldn't use Mannion this year. Case has played at least this well for the Texans despite being shuttled around, traded, etc. With Gurley and Austin I think he'd be ok.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gotcha.
One game does not fix anything for sure team wise. I was talking speciafically about Foles. He has played great, for this team, this season. Will he again? Dont know. If he were able to put together a nice game I think it should give some confidence.
I agree... but I have serious reservations about Fisher and Cignetti.

Yes, Foles has had too many bad moments... but the play calling is far too predictable and puts them in third and long (> 7 yards) far too often.

Fisher laments about the third down conversion rate (rightfully so).

Well, if I'm John Fox, I'm going to prepare for the Rams assuming this play calling
* First down - run Gurley (probability around 80%)
* Second down - run Gurley (35%, short pass (35%), sweep to Austin (20%), play action long pass (10%)
* Third down - short pass (80%), run Gurley (20%)

And, let's not forget penalties...

The net effect of all of the predictable play calling and penalties if far too many third and longs.

Now, Foles is certainly part of the problem in getting those (missed passes on second down, for example)... but it's clear to me, this team (including Foles) can't convert very many third and longs (duh, right?)

Be more effective on first and second downs, reduce/eliminate penalties and you might find you are facing third and two and converting a lot more of those and winning games.

Athos

Legend
I get the hate the Seahawks get. I get the hate Kaepernick gets for being a dick.

Wilson plays the position well and is a good person. We'd be lucky to have a guy like that on our team.

Wussell has a system designed for him.....with an elite RB and a top 5 D since pretty much the day he stepped into the starters role. He's a game manager of the strictest definition. I'd say nearly all his plays are a result of him breaking contain, allowing WRs to get open. He's not a great QB. He's a runner with legs and a decent enough arm to get by. Game plan is always keep him in the pocket and watch him suck. Problem is that most teams don't or can't play Wussell like the Rams do.

I'll give him this though......I don't know how that little fucker has avoided injury for this long.